Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frogview00

Happy Spring Y'all !

frogview00
14 years ago

The tree peonies loved the cold winter and have put on a wonderful show...

{{gwi:620658}}

I was standing under this cherry tree . Cherry trees are blooming all over the little town I live in.

{{gwi:620660}}

Comments (12)

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

: >(
    neither of which grown here. Very pretty.
    We don't get enough cold to grow them or lilacs. Well, they might grow here, they just would not bloom.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Beautiful. I do admire the tree peonies....wish they weren't so expensive!

The cherry tree is fabulous.

• schoolhouse_gw
    14 years ago

Can't wait to see this year's photos frogview. I love your gardens. The bloom on that tree peony is fabulous.

• frogview00
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks.....The deer have moved in so I'm getting kind of down about the front beds. We'll see.

• token28001
    14 years ago

I love the tree peony. I've never seen one in person.

A neighbor told me today that he saw a deer in his back yard, about 40' behind my swing, just the other night. Said it was the biggest he's ever seen in his life. It jumped over the privet hedge and took off across Brown Ave. I swear, if it's not the tent caterpillars, it'll be deer. In town, too.

The cherries are almost done here. Even at the cemetery.

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

Oh, my, that's STUNNING! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those tree peonies (and of course, the gorgeous cherry!!). I do not grow peonies. I planted one two years ago and it's never flowered. But that's OK, I will move it to the back yard. What is the culture for tree peony? I would like to try those, and someday a tree dahlia too.

• frogview00
    Original Author
    14 years ago

GGG, The tree peonies were here when we bought the house. BUT, I learned how to prune them for bloom by accident.

I have bought one tree peony that I hate (ask schoolhouse), and it sat for three years before it bloomed. I treat it like any other shrub. Once established.....ignore.

Jim

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Peonies would be an obsession for me if they grew here. Thanks for the photos- they are exquisite. The cherry is amazing too- what a lovely shot.
    Renee

• party_music50
    14 years ago

I have never seen a tree peony in person or picture before, so thank you for that. It's very interesting. Your cherry blossom photo is wonderful! I wish I could see that in person.

• gottagarden
    14 years ago

Gorgeous!! That cheery cherry tree is amazing!

• memo3
    14 years ago

Ohhhh! I love those. That cherry tree is amazing. I have one in my garden that's about three years old. It still, has never bloomed. I keep waiting. I hope it looks like yours when it does bloom!

MeMo

• FlowerLady6
    14 years ago

Jim ~ Those cherry tree blooms are spectacular.

FlowerLady

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES