Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

Plum Cottage Roses

FlowerLady6
14 years ago

Off and on for the last two days, I've been working on photo albums of my roses for last year and this year.

Here are links if you'd like to see.

Roses 2008

Roses 2009

Comments (13)

• gldno1
    14 years ago

I certainly have rose envy! You have a spectacular collection.

I have never done well with roses in this garden. I finally bought some rose fertilizer today to see if that is the problem.

• todancewithwolves
    14 years ago

WOW!

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

OOOOOH!

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

They are gorgeous Flowerlady. Can you please tell me which ones are beautiful for you, even in heat? They will still flower?

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

lovely

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    14 years ago

Mmmmmm, lovely indeed. I've been looking for Dainty Bess locally with no success, looks like I'm going to have to order her online.

Annette

• PattiOH
    14 years ago

FlowerLady, I had no idea you grew so many roses.You are amazing!
    They're so beautiful, every one of them. Great job with the photography too.

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for viewing the albums and your kind comments. Glad you enjoyed them.

gldno ~ I always have rose envy when I see roses in other people's gardens. You can't have just one either, so it is an addiction of sorts.

Edna ~ I say wow also, when I look at them in the albums. I'm amazed at what I have, and then feel thankful.

Kathy ~ Oooohh is right when they are filling the air with their scents.

GGG ~ They all bloom regularly it seems to me. Bon Silene, Louis Phillipe are real bloomers. The rest are in and out of bloom. I'll have to try to keep track of when they are in bloom.

goldenpond ~ Do you grow any in your gardens? You are north of us here and I know they would do great there.

Annette ~ I had to send away for my Dainty Bess also.

Patti ~ I'm not so amazing, but the roses sure are. ;-) I am enjoying taking pictures with my new camera, well, it's a year old now.

Happy Gardening to all of you.

FlowerLady

• angelcub
    14 years ago

Lovely, one and all. That Don Juan bloom is stunning. Anyone who says they can't grow roses in Florida needs to look at your pics for inspiration. : )

Diana

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Diana. You are a rosarian and I am an amateur.

Where have you been? I've missed seeing pictures of your lovely gardens on your hillside.

FlowerLady

• bossjim1
    14 years ago

Flowerlady, your roses are absolutely beautiful, and I am envious of your photography. What kind of camera do you use? Perhaps a new camera would help my blurry pictures.
    Jim

• bluesunflower
    14 years ago

Holy cow! Those are wonderful. I can practically smell the roses through the screen. Talk about rose envy.

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jim ~ Thank you. I have blurry pictures also, I just don't post them. :-) I love my newish camera, have had it a little over a year now. It is a Canon PowerShot 650 AS. I was using a Sony FD75 Mavica before that. I wanted something with great macro capabilities. Sierra, a great photographer on this forum, told me about this camera. I am not disappointed with it. I did get rechargeable batteries and a battery charger when I ordered mine so as not to have to keep buying batteries.

bluesunflower ~ Thanks, glad you liked. I wish there was a way to send the scents along with the pictures.

Have a great day ~ FlowerLady

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida