Last group of Dutch Iris opening:

{{gwi:678424}}

And the snowball bush and big azalea couldn't be much prettier:

{{gwi:678425}}

kay

Comments (12)

• marricgardens
    12 years ago

I love the clematis, especially the one on the white trellis. I love looking at pictures of the fringe tree. Wish we could grow it up here. These pictures are just what I need on a cool, drizzly day. Thanks for posting. Marg

• floota
    12 years ago

Excellent images. I too love the clematis, but yours are way ahead of those here. I've only seen buds on a couple of them so far. Thanks for sharing pictures of your beauties.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Wooooooweeeee Kay they are gorgeous! Love the first clematis. I have several blooming but they seem like they don't have as many as usual. All your beauties look sooo good. How are your roses coming along? Mine are allll budded up and looking great. Judy

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for looking and commenting. Marric, I have two, but one of them is being overtaken by roses, and that will probably be its fate.

Floota, thank you so much. Yours should be in bloom in about a week if yours follow a path similar to mine.

Judy, I can't tell any difference in the clematis, but I think the iris are slower than usual, missing cold I'm sure. The roses have started opening, and they bushes are loaded with buds here too.

Here's Mrs. B R Cant.
    {{gwi:678426}}

Abraham Darby:
    {{gwi:678427}}

I know...I've got to spray. Purple Splash was new lasrt year and it is covered in buds. I can't wait to see it bloom.

kay

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Nice pretty blooms. I have some new ones I purchased with blooms but none open yet. Yours look so pretty. I have tried to spray weekly but still have some yellow leaves. grrr... We have had so much rain and now nothing. I hope we get a good rain this weekend. Spring has been great this year though. Love this time of year. Judy

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Really good pics Kay. I love to see the clematis blooming. I just got a tower type trellis for one of mine at Lowes this week.
    Your spring has sprung into summer, eh?

Julia

• katlynn719
    12 years ago

I can't wait until my snowball bush is as big as yours! Mine is healthy and growing...but has a long way to go.
    Kathy

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Julia, they are predicting 87 this Sunday. Whew!

Thanks Kathy, it may not take as long as you think. Ours have grown really much faster than we expected. It has been about five or six years. We expected it to take 15 years to get to this point.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Oh, how did I miss this one? Roses and clematis are gorgeous. And I am glad the iris are getting ready to bloom!

• Nancy
    12 years ago

I really like your clematis, but the snowball bush with the azalea really set each other off. My snowball bush is in bud, but not quite blooming yet. My mother had a snowball bush with huge blooms, like hydrangea, but mine has small blooms. Completely covers the bush though. Lovely roses!

• lisa_3
    12 years ago

I love the pink clematis. I am hoping to add a clematis this year. We put in an arbor in the back yard a couple years ago. I was trying to grow bittersweet on it but you need a male and female plant to get berries. I lost two plants of which I don't know the gender and the ones left haven't even attempted to bloom in two years. Time to try something else.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ngraham my two Viburnun with the small snowballs haven't even really leafed out well yet. I love the azaleas and the Japanese maples with the snowball bushes.

Thanks Lisa. That is Josephine...here she is today:
    {{gwi:666660}}

A warning...clematis are almost as addicitive as daylilies.
    kay