Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Jean

organic_kitten
11 years ago

Well Jean, I got about 3/4 of that bed weeded and mulched, and that was it. I didn't have it in me to do a bit more. Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow, but who knows? I may be too tired.
kay

Comments (7)

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

ha ha kay. best to just rest when you get that tired.I had it in my head ai was going to get out and weed bed number 4 today, too,and plant some zinnia's in it also, but,I never got the first weed pulled up today.I really pushed myself fotr 3 days cutting down the rose on the fence and cutting them canes in little pieces and putting in a box and drag it to the street for pickup.so today, I just couldn't get up energy to pull weeds.Suppose to get storms tomorrow and Thursday, too..I am sure my 2 daughters here hope it don't storm again for a long time,this last storm, fried both of them's computers and tv, and the one daughter lost a fridge and a air conditioner, too...

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It sounds as if you needed to rest, Jean. We didn't get storms today, but the most I did was go to the greenhouse and water the plants that needed it, and admire my plants and seedlings. I did dig up and re-pot one daylily I had planted that seemed very slow getting started . I had put one fan of it in a pot and it was growing much better than the clump. I will let it get started in the shade then re-plant it.

I started some okra seeds in the greenhouse, and most of them are up. I will plant them after they get a little bigger. I need to spray the roses, but we are supposed to have rain until the middle of next week, so it will be then before they get sprayed. It isn't supposed to rain all day, so I am going to respray all the daylilies with bloom spikes started.

Always something to do in the garden, isn't there? We are going to Lowes to get Black Kow and mushroom compost tomorrow.

I may take off next Wednesday from the gym so I can get some of the garden work done.

kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

We had a mist all day today.if you stayed out long enough you would get wet.i done some things in the house today, washing clothes and changing flannel sheets on my bed to cooler cotton sheets, then tonights weather forecast is saying cooler weather for a few days with a low of 38.Just after I took the flannel sheets off the bed.I shoud have known.I stepped outside and planted about 6 zinnia plants,and 3 cucumber plants.Then came in and changed my damp shirt.oh and staked a tomatoe plant that was leaning bad. it has tiny little tomatoes on it, just hope a worm done get on it now with this rainy weather and eat up my plant and little tomatoes.That happened to me last year with my early tomatoe plant. a worm got on it during the night I guess and when I went out to ck it,wasn't nothing left but the main stem, no leaves,and no maters either.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have four tomatoes in pots. I will set them out when this silly yo-yo weather settles down. My beans are up, and my okra (in the greenhouse is almost all up now. I will be setting it out in a week or so.

the greenhouse is fuller of plants than usual with my pepper, okra, cucumber and artichoke seedlings, along with 36 flowering plants that are going to get a little bigger before I set them out.

I will probably do a bit in the house today, and some in the yard. We may have a light shower but I haven't melted yet, so it won't hurt me.
    kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

I just hate it that our Lowes store leftit was my favorite place to go look for garden stuff.They carried what the other stores don't have and if they didn't have it, they would get it for you..

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hate that for you. I go to Lowe's first, but they have quit stocking Round-up for poison ivy, and it is the best thing I've found to kill it.

kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kay The round up for brush will kill the ivy.I killed a bunch of it a few years ago,I bought the concentrate and mixed it myself, just a tad stronger then direstions said and I have not had any since.

jean