Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valleyrimgirl

Things to do yet before summer comes.....

valleyrimgirl
18 years ago

What do you have to do yet in the house before you spend all your time outside in your yard this year?

1. I have a few painting things to finish...some plexiglass pictures and painting on a piece of slate.

2. I have all the windows in the sunroom to clean and a few things here and there in the house to spring clean yet.

3. I need to finish updating my plant data base in the computer and print out a fresh copy. I take my list along with me when I go to nurseries in the spring so I do not buy something that I already have at home.

4. I need to organize the craft/sewing room because my university-aged son is coming home for the summer in a few weeks, after his exams... and that is where he will be sleeping.

5. My girlfriend and I have an annual plant sale with perennials and cannas and houseplants. I just got about 300 new pictures of perennials from my yard developed and I need to sort, name and place them each in plastic envelopes so that they are ready if we need them for using at the garage sale. We try to put the perennial's picture with the perennial so that people know what the perennial looks like as it flowers.

What does everyone else need to do yet before summer?

Brenda

Comments (3)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    18 years ago

Oh boy - what's not to do? LOL

Well, i finally painted the inside of the steel door in the porch during March Break, so that's done. I need to paint the window frames in back of the house but will have to wait for warmer weather for that. All the windows need to be washed too.

My mother informed me that she's coming for my birthday in May, so i need to stay ahead of the vacuuming and dusting and general cleaning until then (she has allergies).

My husband's "filing system" (roughly translated = things tossed all over the place so he can get mad when he doesn't find it!) also needs to be revamped. I keep trying to think of ways to organize him but nothing's worked so far.

That's all i can think of now. Not as bad as i imagined!

• CrazyDaisy_68
    18 years ago

My scrapbooking is an on-going project but I would like to finish up our Wedding Album -- LOL -- we've been married almost 11 years I think its about time? LOL

I was planning to make a few extra birthday cards and general blank cards too. I don't usually take time out to make cards during the summer and its awesome to have some ready to use.

I picked up some cross-stitching again the other night that I started when I was pregnant with my now 7yo DD. Maybe its time I finished it??? LOL

I'm planning to sew some skirts for my girls yet -- really easy simple style that they love (good thing it could otherwise take a few years! LOL).

Not much else besides that.

During the summer we plan to re-do our Master Bedroom. I'm having fun planning it!

• northspruce
    18 years ago

Ang, don't feel bad, you're still not as bad as my mom. She started knitting herself a red mini-dress in the late 60's (you know, back when people didn't WANT to know what they were showing off...) but she forgot about it. So in the 80's she resumed knitting it for me - at that time we were wearing those godawful long sweaters over tights with a big ole elastic belt (shudder). Anyway by the time she finished it I had pretty much outgrown it anyway - strike 2. Don't know where it is now, maybe she's squirreled it away for generation 3 in case I cave on the offspring issue... or maybe she did the kind thing and burned it.

So count yourself successful if your projects don't span 3 decades!