Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Some New Ones and Some Goldie Oldies

organic_kitten
12 years ago

Blooming seems to be picking up every day now.

Blaack Fathom Ddepths:

{{gwi:703516}}

New Paradigm:

{{gwi:703517}}

Hawaiian Empress:

{{gwi:703518}}

Parrot Jungle (love this one)

{{gwi:703522}}

Johnny Cash:

{{gwi:703524}}

And I have waited for this one: Winner's Trophy:

{{gwi:703526}}

That's enough, even though I have others.

kay

Comments (17)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    12 years ago

These are really nice. I like Johnny Cash in particular. Winner's Trophy looks good too.....Maryl

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

I love Black Fathom Depths. Please don't hesitate to post more photos of these same flowers as your season progresses.
    Christine

• Nancy
    12 years ago

OOoh, they just got better with every picture! I'm sure it is because it is so early in the season, but I'm feelin' the NEED to have them all. Black Fathom Depths has really been catching my eye, Parrot Jungle is lovely, & that is such a great bright color on winner's Trophy.
    So very pretty Kay, & so many already.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

aw.Come om kay. post the rest of them.Not fair to keep them all to yourself :))). BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS is a very pretty one, and PARROT JUNGLE IS gorgeous, too,my favorite is the WINNER'S TROPHY.You really got some pretty ones.

Jean

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Please, post all picture--all of us addicts are dying for the daylily fix!!! I was especially crazy about Black Fathom Depths. Our new plant has not been looking good, don't know what happened, but sometimes plants take awhile to catch on. I think this will perk up in time, be devastated if it doesn't. I must say Winner's Trophy is looking really good. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okay, you asked for it, and there aren't a lot of people who have misbehaving early blooming daylilies, so here is Brazen Bandit:

{{gwi:703528}}

Barney:
    {{gwi:703529}}

Dancing With Julie:
    {{gwi:703530}}

Drink the Light:

{{gwi:703531}}

Thank you for looking and making such nice comments. The first blooms are rarely as pretty as later ones, and I see that not all of them are opening early as they usually do.

Betty Ford, Marseilles Watercolor, Water Drops, Set My Soul Afire, Patricia Snider Memorial, Rowdy Red, Pink Gingham, and Purple Mask were also blooming today.

It is the season, I suppose.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Your pics of BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS are wonderful. You reminded me to check with the seller to see when they are shipping mine. I just love the color of that one.

WINNERS TROPHY looks to have really interesting color. I'll have to go and check that one out now.

Don't hold back on the pics.....

Julia

• sann777
    12 years ago

I tend to admire the colors that I want to add to my collection. Love that B Fathom Depths but I would love Hawaiian Exp and Barney cause they are colors I need. Sarah

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

Thanks for the pictures Kay. Makes the rest of us see what we have to look forward to. Black Fathom Depths, Barney and Parrot Jungles are my favorites.
    Val

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks, Kay, really enjoying the pictures. Love the color of Barney. Avedon

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Thank you kay, for adding some more. I just love that BRAZEN BANDIT.That is really loud and pretty. and i was thrilled to see BARNEY.i Also have barney this year, too, and he has 2 scapes so far.I love BARNEY and cant hardly wait till mine has a bloom, too, but,in the meantime,i would love seeing all of your Barney blooms,and everything else in bloom, too...

Jean

• Nancy
    12 years ago

I thought it couldn't get better, but brazen Bandit does it. That one is amazing.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Kay, they are all beauties but my favorite definately goes to Black Fathom Depths. I really love that one.

• katlynn719
    12 years ago

Put me in the BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS fan club - excellent!
    Kathy

• lisa_3
    12 years ago

I love Brazen Bandit too. I'm always drawn to fall colors even when I try to find other colors. Right now I just have to be satisfied with the one scape I have found so far. The daffs and tulips came early-but I'm hoping the daylilies aren't too early again this year.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks you all for looking. BFD is a real favorite of mine, as is Brazen Bandit. but I know that Winners Trophy will be near the top of the list since it is a color I love!

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Winners Trophy and Black Fathom Depths are my favorites, I have a Black Fathom Depths and I can't wait for it to bloom after seeing everyones.
    Linda

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!