Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honnat

Finally Spring in Minnesota!

honnat
12 years ago

Because our April often looked like this...

(April 23rd!!)

{{gwi:668697}}

I am so happy May is turning around! Here are some photos from May 11th

Hostas Emerging (one of my favorite plants to see pop out of the ground)

{{gwi:668699}}

{{gwi:668700}}

Bright Parrot Tulips

{{gwi:668701}}

Who says orange and pink can't go together

{{gwi:668702}}

Comments (6)

• mandolls
    12 years ago

I'm right across the state line and yep - spring has sprung. Us northerners have to wait a long time but we sure do appreciate it when it gets here. Those tulips are gorgeous!

In my shadier garden (though with the maple leaves not yet out it is sunny right now) I have blooming right now - Trillium, Dwarf Bleeding hearts, Virginia bluebells, Hellebore, Forget-me-nots, and wild violets. The Ligularia, Hosta, Ferns and Columbine are all coming up, and the Sweet woodruff and variegated Lamium has spread like crazy.

In the sun crocus have come and gone, daffodils are lovely. All the perennials have started and I already have peony poppies and lobelia seedlings planted out.

We got hail across town yesterday, but somehow it didnt make it to my house.

Happy Spring!!!

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Those tulips are gorgeous!! My hostas are going to be beautiful this year too after all the snow we got. A few of my columbine are blooming while others are just barely leafing out. Ferns and black snakeroot are just getting started but the cushion spurge is blooming so pretty. I'm going to grow more spurge just for the early season bright color. It comes back faithfully year after year where tulips are annuals around here.

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

I am glad that it is spring for you. After the long winter it is always so good to see the plants and flowers. Those tulips are gorgeous, especially the orange ones.

• luckygal
    12 years ago

IKWYM! While we haven't had snow for a long time spring is really slow coming this year - temps have been cool and we've had some welcome rain but little warmth to cause fast growth. This is the time of year I wish I had planted tulips and daffs but with the way I move things around it would be difficult. Also the chipmunks and squirrels would have a feast with the tulips.

Love your pretty pics, pink and orange are a nice combo IMO. TFS

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

I love your tulips! Welcome spring. I am glad it has come to your house.
    kay

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    12 years ago

I don't know about that, while the tulips ARE blooming up here in the NW part of MN the temps would seem to say that spring still has not arrived. It's only 41 here today, the whole week has been cold, and cloudy. I really need some SUN! I could handle the cold but please I need some SUN!

Your tulips are lovely!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH