Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

My favorite garden photo

hosenemesis
13 years ago

This is my favorite ever shot of my flower garden.

I wish it would last a bit longer!

Renee

{{gwi:267362}}

Comments (26)

• anitamo
    13 years ago

That's beautiful, no wonder it's your favorite. I've never tried foxgloves, but after seeing yours, I want to. Which ones are shown in the pic?

• timetogrowthegarden
    13 years ago

OMG!!! It is really stunning! Love it
    ~Melissa

• memo3
    13 years ago

It looks like a magical fairy tale playground. Absolutely stunning!

MeMo

• tammyinwv
    13 years ago

I agree, It is beautiful! What is the pretty little white flower?
    Tammy

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Renee, what city in Cali do you live? Anywhere near Chino Hills?

Linda

• lisa33
    13 years ago

Oh, wow!! Simply gorgeous. Your garden totally makes me swoon. It's a huge inspiration for me. I've browsed your photos before and there is one of your pond that is just pure garden genius. The composition and use of architectural plants...just wow. I also love your "rubble" patio.

Thanks so much for posting this. Love it!

Lisa

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

Absolutely charming! You've really captured the cottage look with those sparkling white daisies and romantic foxglvoes, I can see why that's your favorite photo.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

My favorite garden photo,too. (gotta get me that orange iris!)

• hurlee
    13 years ago

wow! So many plants in bloom at once, it's like a shot out of a magazine! so gorgeous!!! Do you plant new foxgloves every 2 years??
    jody

• Cher
    13 years ago

It is lovely.
    Cher

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

Renee,
    That is so totally gorgeous! It would be nice for such beauty to last forever, but, I guess we'll have to say brevity makes it dearwe. It is such a beautiful place. I wish I could sit in it with you.
    kay

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Very beautiful garden and a perfect photo of it.

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Your garden always looks great so this time it is just beautiful. Those foxgloves really are lovely, especially with all the rest of your flowers.

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    13 years ago

You really have knack for composition - what might be called a painterly eye!!

Nancy.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Stunning!

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    13 years ago

You could knock me over with a feather right now....BEAUTIFUL! And the colors you use work so well together.
    Yours is the epitome of a Cottage Garden Renee!
    CMK

• Annie
    13 years ago

Really gorgeous! My favorite too.

Your photos inspired me to try foxgloves again. I went out and bought three "Foxy" Foxgloves and planted them. My soil is so much better than it was the last time I planted them, so that I am hoping they will reseed this time. Thank you for the inspiration.

~Annie

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    13 years ago

Wow! I meant wowowowowowowow! Such a beautiful sight. I will be growing my first foxgloves this winter in hopes of having some amazing flowers next year. After seeing your photos I can't wait! It looks like feverfew in the picture, too? I love my feverfew and am looking forward to the day this "pest" gets around to more areas of my garden.

I would like to know what groundcover you planted between your rocks. Trying to work on that myself, and I'd like to know what you've used. From your photo it looks a little like the creeping speedwell I've planted. I sure hope so! What did you use?

• ianna
    13 years ago

Very sweet. Spectacular.

What are those tiny daisy like white flowers?

Ianna

• luckygal
    13 years ago

This is incredibly gorgeous! I think it's the purple foxgloves that 'make' it for me. Gotta plant some of those. Thanks for the inspiration.

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, everyone. Those foxgloves are so wonderful- but they only last for such a short time here in Simi Valley. In the early winter here I buy the seedlings labeled "Foxy" and hope a few are the orchid color instead of all white. They are annuals here and do not reseed or even come back for the second year. So I have a big bare spot in the garden for about ten months of the year.

The little white daisies are annual Paludosum daisies from the Chrysanthemum family, and I would be happy to mail seeds to anyone who would like some. They are beginning to go to seed now.

The green stuff between the stones is dichondra and weeds, mostly an obnoxious oxalis and a ratty little grass called Poa Annua. The dichondra invades the beds and gets flea beetles and dies every summer. Fortunately it reseeds well.

I think the yellow columbine and the little Paludosum daisies are the stars in my garden, since I have much trouble with color coordination. Feverfew helps too. Last year I just gave up and pulled out every blue, red, and dark purple I could find, and I think the colors look much better now. The year before last it looked as though it had been designed by a group of Goth teenagers who liked Thomas Kinkade paintings. Think dark, shiny,blood-red lilies with screaming yellow snapdragons and scarlet roses, with a few pastel pinks. Ick.

• sowngrow (8a)
    13 years ago

Beautiful-I love it! I haven't checked out the cottage forum in awhile, but everytime I do, I find such wonderful photos.
    Robin

• remontant
    13 years ago

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! You should have the photo made into a jigsaw puzzle for you to work on in the cold gray days of winter. It would remind you how your work is rewarded in spring. :-)

Thanks for sharing!!!

• Annie
    13 years ago

Renee,

Please consider me as a candidate for some of your Paludosum daisy seeds.

Sending you an email.

Thank you so much for sharing! Wow!

~Annie

• keesha2006
    13 years ago

simply stunning....needs to be on canvas

• sarahrock
    13 years ago

Totally inspiring! I had some foxgloves last year and didn't get around to getting any this year... I think I might just have to get on that! Also, I've been thinking of adding a path between the beds in my front yard, and yours is EXACTLY what I have in mind. Did you lay that in yourself? What do you have growing between the stones?

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!