Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Visit To Carpenter's Lily Farm

We visited Mark Carpenter's Lily Farm Saturday. We walked every row and looked at everything. Came home with 9 gorgeous seedlings and a generous gift from Mark. Anyone who hasnt been and is within driving distance really should see this beautiful lily farm! It is immaculate, the Carpenters are so friendly and knowledgable. I have been going for years, know Jack, and now the next generation is carrying on. Kudos to Mark and family for the wonderful job he is doing to carry on Jack's legacy and make some daylily history of his own. This is a must see farm if you are close enough to go!

Comments (11)

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Lucky you I had the pleasure of meeting Mark when he was a guest speaker at our regional meeting, he gives a excellent presentation and is a pretty funny guy.
    Linda

• mizellie
    10 years ago

I have always wanted to visit there but alas, It's too far from me . But I often visit the web site!! Ellie

• dementieva
    10 years ago

Last year on Regional tour we had a long morning there, and I probably didn't even get through half of the rows of plants. That is a pretty amazing place.

Nate

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Like Ellie, I would love to go, but it is a little bit far for me.
    kay

• darobi2459
    10 years ago

any pics alemeda? :)

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I bought 9 seedlings - 3 were Mark's from this year. My photos arent great.....they are more beautiful in person. Got them all potted up and in the shade - will plant them in the garden in the fall. I love the Carpenter seedlings - esp. the lavenders. I got 3 lavenders - the photos didnt do them justice. I am going to Jack's home this Saturday to see his diploids. Last year I bought My Cup Overflows - a HUGE white/cream. It bloomed yesterday and was magnificent - biggest lily I have ever seen that wasnt a spider. I crossed it with Cosmic Kaleidoscope - that should be an interesting cross! I rarely buy named varieties at Carpenters - the seedlings are so fascinating and they are one of a kind. "Pink Parade", the first photo [I give them all names] came from Mark's first bunch of seedlings - it is actually pink petals with a purple eyezone - very interesting! The 2nd photo, "Night Magic", is also one of Mark's first seedlings. The big melon is [Ann Yarbrough x Magical Melody].
    Judith

/a>

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Those are beautiful.
    Hope to visit sometime, since it could be a day trip for me.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I love Carpenter daylilies and have several here. Mark is always a pleasure to do business with.

Your very lucky to have seen their farm. Too far for me too so I have to visit through everyones photos. :-)

Julia

• darobi2459
    10 years ago

Those are beautiful! Great seedlings :)

• shive
    10 years ago

I love the pink seedling and the patterned eyes!

• random_harvest
    10 years ago

Used to go every year but haven't been able to make the trip since Mark took over -- maybe next year. Meanwhile, my yard is full of beautiful named Carpenter and Bomar cultivars as well as wonderful seedlings. Thanks, Jack and Josie!