Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

More Lillies, some with Roses, some not.

newyorkrita
15 years ago

{{gwi:705094}}

{{gwi:705095}}

{{gwi:705096}}

{{gwi:705097}}

{{gwi:705098}}

{{gwi:705099}}

Comments (7)

• contrary_grow
    15 years ago

Everything's beautiful but I really love your mix of colors in the first picture. Looks like we're going to be able to enjoy pictures from your garden all summer.

Mary

• DYH
    15 years ago

Your lilies are so "upright"...I have always had to put a loop support up for mine to stand straight. Your garden is definitely magazine worthy! :-)

Your color combos are always beautiful. How many years have these beds been in place? They look so lush and mature.

Is the white lily 'Casablanca'?

Cameron

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The first picture that was done last spring. All other pictures, planted this spring. Those roses in the last picture were moved from other locations this spring and then the lillies put in after that.

I don't know what that white lily is. I always mark my daylilies so I know what they are but with my blulb lilies I just plant them and forget about it. Really just looking for landscape color with them so I don't keep track of what I buy or where I put the bulb lillies.

• blondiesc
    15 years ago

Those are absolutely beautiful! I have some lilies and have been thinking of adding more. Now I know that I'm adding more.

I look at all of the photos that you post. I'm amazed at how healthy everything looks. I haven't see the first yellow or brown leaf. You definitely have the touch.

Thanks so much for sharing.

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    15 years ago

Me, too. I can see that I have definitely not been planting enough lilies, and not nearly close enough together.

Rita, would you share with us how you arrive at a plan for your different beds and how much fine tuning you have to do once the planting is done?
    Do you plan for having different plants begin to bloom as others finish, or have whole beds that bloom together and rest while others take the stage?
    How do you hide all those lily stems that last on and on until frost?

Thanks,
    Nell

• irene_dsc
    15 years ago

These photos are reinforcing my idea that I like lilies - but especially if they are behind something else so they don't look so leggy...

(One of my way in the future beds is meant to feature roses, peonies and lilies...)

• mystic_dragon72
    15 years ago

I am planning on having a lily garden surrounding my Mimosa tree.. Oriental, Hybrid, Tiger, and some Day Lily varieties... I'm sure there's more but it'll be an oval-ish shape about 40 feet by about 20 feet (not sure exactly as I haven't measured) I was just wondering if you over planted (is that the correct term?) with tulip/daffodil bulbs for spring color? Or....? Just curious how you fill the gap between the lilies blooming and just foliage.

ttfn
    Mystic.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting