And Forsyth's Ace of Hearts: You know you need this one:

kay

Comments (13)

• deangreen
    12 years ago

I do need ace of hearts. very pretty clump. thanks for the pics

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

They all look great but I love those shots of Desperado Love and Forsyth's Ace of Hearts. Too pretty for words. My favorite is Tyger River, you know I love those hot ones.

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

CERULEAN BLUEBIRD tugs at my heart strings.

ACE OF HEARTS is just perfect.

Christine

• mizellie
    12 years ago

Beautiful and I think I may need Forsyth's Ace Of Heart. It's gorgeous!! Ellie

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Kay, They are all just gorgeous.So many pretty ones, Ace of Hearts is so bright and pretty. But my very favorite is DESPERADO LOVE.I really Love that one..

Jean

• shive
    12 years ago

Now I need Cerulean Warbler to bloom like that in my blue and white bed. Beautiful clump shot, Kay! I still have hope that little stinker will put up some late scapes this year here. I really like your photo of Desperado Love. Mine has eyes that are more red than purple. I was ready to get rid of it, because I have so many others with those colors. But low and behold this year it has buds and branches out the wazoo. They really do shape up when they know they're on the hit list! I love all the others too, especially Ledgewood's Firecracker and Arctic Lace.

Debra

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Blue Corn Moon is my favorite with Cerulean Warbler being my second favorite but all the others are gorgeous to.
    Linda

• Cindy zone 6a
    12 years ago

Tyger River is really hot!!! Blue Corn Moon looks so sweet. Looks like you still have lots and lots of nice blooms going on.
    cindy

• bigack
    12 years ago

Tyger River, love it!!

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

You know I love Forsyth Ace of Hearts, but that Ledgewoods Firecrakcer is pretty amazing and I don't know why I don't have Desperado Love. Every one of them is lovely though.
    Val

• blue23rose
    12 years ago

Oh Kay! Ace Of Hearts just stole mine:) Love it! These are all amazing.

Vickie

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

OOOH!!! LW Firecracker is shebang! I'm also feeling like Ace of Hearts is a must -have. :)

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So sorry, but I am apparently losing it here. I typed out a answer to the first half dozen who had replied to my post, and I obviously just previewed it and didn't submit it, 'cause it isn't here.

You know I have had a really good time posting pictures this year...to let you know how much fun, I have uploaded over 1800 pictures to photobucket this month alone. If you want to verify, I'll send you the link.

Christine, CW would be in my top 10 even if I was limited to 10 only. If you are considering it, that is one I wholeheartedly recommend. Debra, I cannot imagine why your Celestial Warbler isn't blooming...next year could always be different, but mine bloomed really well last year and has had a clump just about every day since the blooms started this year. But all of Luddy's intros have done amazingly well here.

Rita,Cindy, bigack, Tyger River is a very large bloom and the plant is bloomiferous (if that is understandable) Selman's do well here. I love Blueridge plants.

Which brings us to Blue corn Moon. Linda and Cindy, I don't think it ever has less than a perfect bloom on it.

and Rita and other "hot" lovers, a new one I ordered from Paul Owens is a "hot" one too;Bohemian Rhapsody, and he sent an even hotter one, Lady Jane Pearcy, so you know I will have the hot colors next year, as always.

deangreen, Ellie, Val, Vickie, and Crackingtheconcrete. Just a bit of enabling here, I think Ace of Hearts is only $14 on Roycrofts site.

Val and crackingtheconcrete, Not only is Ledgewoods Firecracker a gorgeous and very bright color, it is a wonderful bloomer too. Many, Many blooms every year, and Bill Maryott sells it very reasonably.

Thank you Jean, and Debra, I know we have discussed Desperado Love before...I'm glad yours is doing more like mine in the bloom department now. Jean it is a lovely bloom.

I'm sorry I was so late answering you all, but thought I answered part of you earlier. I really do appreciate you taking the time to look at my photos and comment on them. It gives me a lot of pleasure to know you like them too.
    kay