Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Clump Shots Over The Past Few Weeks

avedon_gw
10 years ago

I have been meaning to get these up, but finally found time to do it. Most have been seen before as singles, but I thought it would be nice to see lots of bloom. Avedon

Imperial Lemon

Mystical Rainbow

My Unnamed Seedling

Chance Encounter

Orange Double NOID

Rose Emily

Miss Tinkerbell

Golden Prize Clump

Buttered Popcorn

Fairy Tale Pink

Always Afternoon

Golliwog--last one--I believe I counted 12 flowers blooming on this one.

Comments (11)

• shive
    10 years ago

Your post showed a nice variety of clumps. Your unnamed seedling certainly is prolific. I like that one. My favorite of the registered ones is the Mystical Rainbow clump.

Debra

• blue23rose
    10 years ago

These are so beautiful! I have Mystical Rainbow and it hasn't bloomed yet, so am looking forward to it because it is so pretty.

Your seedling is a color that is one of my favorite shades, pink!

But I have to say that Rose Emily is my favorite clump. Love that soft pink color.

Vickie

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I really like Imperial Lemon, such a show off in the garden! Looks like a good bloomer. I also really like your seedling. The darker edges on the sepals is really nice. Rose Emily is such a delicate pink. Marg

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I rarely like doubles, but your orange double NOID clump really looked good to me. Also, Mystical Rainbow and Miss Tinkerbell were impressive. Of course, Golliwog is always a show, even if it is only one bloom. I really enjoyed the clumps. Gotta love them.
    kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Your clump shots are impressive. In particular I like Imperial Lemon, but your seedling is a nice one too, and Chance Encounter also appeals to me. Really, not a bad one in the bunch......Maryl

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

I came in from gardening and was thrilled to see your post! I love to see clump shots, especially ones as healthy and pretty as yours are. What I always marvel at are those nicely mulched beds with nary a weed in sight. I like each & every one of these because they look so marvelous blooming away. What a beautiful sight! I finally got my order from Earlybird a couple days ago and Golliwog is planted. I know it will take a long time for mine to look as great as yours but I do hope it gives me a bloom or two this year, even though I got it in late. Your seedling is very pretty and Miss Tinkerbell is
    charming. Thanks for the beautiful eyecandy today.

Celeste

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Marvelous clumps! Is your NOID Double Dream?

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everybody for looking and commenting--glad there were good pictures for you to see. Mantis, I have never heard of Double Dream so I looked it up, saw a number of pictures, some look the same,others not even close. I checked AHS database and scape height is listed at 22". They are taller than that here, maybe 25" but could be because of long growing season, weather conditions, etc. I just say Double Dream looks pretty close to the plant we have here. Celeste, thank you for noticing now neat everything looks. That is my husband's work, he is out in the gardens practically all day keeping everything going. Avedon

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I love clump shots & cannot decide which clump I like best, they are all just perfect. I do love Mystical Rainbow, one of my favorites here but my clump is fairly small. Thanks so much for sharing these

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Love them all. Wonderful clumps shots.

Julia

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Gorgeous photos of some really stunning daylily clumps, love them all.
    Linda