Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Sunday's Sentimental Favorites Part II

shive
10 years ago

Yes, the saga continues. Here are a few more singles and clumps to make your Sunday shine.

ASIAN FAIRY BLUEBIRD still has wimpy scapes but there are a lot them coming.

GREEN MYSTIQUE quartet

ETHEL BUCCOLA clump

ENGLISH LAVENDER duo

FREE WHEELIN

CLASSIC EDGE

WINTER TREASURE and JITTERBUG BLUES from the blue and white bed

EMMAUS

SHELBY

TURQUOISE TEMPLE

Debra

Comments (11)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Very nice. I really like that ETHEL BUCCOLA clump. So pretty.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow, shelby really stands out with the bold pink so much on the petals! Like it. also like the subtle shading on the last one. very nice! :)

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I like all of them but English Lavender would be my pick :-) but definitely would be a test case here since it is EV but I see it is a late bloomer. Are your late bloomers opening already?

Julia

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Julia - None of those Florida lates are really late for me. They seem to be more midseason bloomers. But English Lavender does have instant rebloom scapes coming, so it will be blooming late because of that. I can't really tell what's what this time. The earlies were two to three weeks late and some of midseason bloomers seem to be on their regular schedule. And I have both earlies and mids that are going to be very, very late - first blooms in July. It's a crazy mixed-up season.

Debra

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

I'm a big fan of near whites so I'm picking Green Mystique and Winter Treasure as my favorites from this lovely bunch.
    Val

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Woohoo, a bunch of beauties, including some really pretty spiders. I'm just going back & forth through them & not gonna pick a favorite from them, they are all beautiful. Well, maybe I can, Shelby & Jitterbug Blues. Those multi flower shots are so pretty.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

So many more pretty ones. what a great time of year! Of course I love Asian Fairy Bluebird. The Ethel Buccola clump is irresistible.
    Winter Treasure and Jitterbug Blues look great. But I think Shelby is my pick tonight.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

OH DEBRA,I do like ASIAN FAIRY BLUEBIRD . its a beauty. and GREEN MYSTIQ is a beauty, too.that clump
    ofETHEL BUCCOLA is very pretty, too.ands I love
    ENGLISH LAVENDER too, as well as winter treasure.hope I remembered that right.didnt want to backtack. so pretty.

jean

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

For those of you who liked Shelby, as the sun shines on the blooms, they curl and twirl very nicely. I'll have to take an evening shot this week.

Debra

• houstmag
    10 years ago

You have some real beauties in this group. Ethel Bucolla is my favorite.
    Linda

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I love the clump shots, but my favorites are English lavender and Winter Treasure. Marg