Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
standbyq13_gw

Pachysandra questions...

standbyq13
17 years ago

I have alot of pachysandra growing on slopes from my yard down to a slightly lower driveway. It has also grown up the trunk of a very large tree planted between my house and driveway. It is literally covering the trunk of the tree from ground to at least 8' off the ground. My husband thinks that this is bad for the tree. I told him I didn't think so...

It is beginning to grow up the trunks of my redbud and dogwood (both of which are very old.) Before it really covers these trees I want to know if it is harmful to the trees. Also, what is the best way to keep it from growing up the tree trunks?

On the largest slope I have a problem with a vine growing up through the pachysandra. When we first bought the house and I say this I thought it was poison oak, but have since been told that it is called Virginia Creeper. For the past two summers I have gone into the patch and tried to pull all of this vine out, but it's back even stronger this spring! I want it out of my pachysandra! Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

Also, I have another slope that I considered moving the Virginia Creeper too, but I am scared that it will be too hard to control. Have anyone used this as a slope control and had success? The slope is behind my house and I DO NOT want it climbing up the back of the house!

Comments (3)

Sponsored