Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Stardust Heiress FFE

avedon_gw
10 years ago

I did not realize this one was so close to blooming, until I went out about 10:30 to check on something else, and I spotted it. It has definitely met my expectations, and amazingly enough, it looks like the picture posted by the seller. Also throwing in a few more pictures. Avedon

Stardust Heiress First Flower Ever

Snowflake Empress backlit by the sun

Iszy Dizzy double

Royal Heritage Clump--seven flowers. Evidently this one took my threat to dispose of it to heart and has been pumping out pretty blooms.

Persian Market on rebloom scape--there are four rebloom scapes on this plant.

Jean Swann Cluster

Small World Snow Owl--keeps turning out these huge flowers

Royal Heritage--outstanding color today

Abundant Ruffles--very showy

Childish Dream--such a beautiful double, but it is peach here instead of pink.

Comments (11)

• shive
    10 years ago

Stardust Heiress is a superb color, and the triangular halo is something I like. I was excited to see your photo of Small World Snow Owl since I got that one recently and it has just put up a scape. It looks like a beauty! The Jean Swan clump is gorgeous. I like the shape of that double. I did not get any blooms on my early to mid doubles this year. Bugs destroyed the buds on all those. Two of the ML doubles have buds, so I'm hoping to see a few double blooms later in July.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Childish Dream is a beauty, peach or not. Stardust Heiress is gorgeous. the Royal Heiress clump and the Jean Swann cluster are beautiful, and I like your yellow, Abundant Ruffles.
    kay

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Debra. I am very happy Stardust Heiress turned out to be so pretty. Small World Snow Owl was the first daylily I "won" on the Lily Auction and I have never been disappointed. This is the third season and it is really starting to produce a good number of flowers. Sure hope it will be a winner for you. I love Jean Swann. This is the best it has ever been, it has outdone Dublin Elaine this year, and that is saying something. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

That Jean Swann Cluster is lovely and Abundant Ruffles is really beautiful also. But Stardust Heiress is my favorite.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Another for Stardust Heiress. but I also like Persian Market.

Julia

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Love the color of STARDUST HEIRESS. SNOWFLAKE EMPRESS is gorgeous. I had to go look it up to see if it was EV or what --- alas I see it is a dormant. I wonder if it would survive down here in this heat?

Nancy

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Isn't it great when the flowers are as nice as their pictures. Stardust Heiress is a beauty. Small World Snow Owl is another one that I really like.
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, Stardust Heiress is a beauty. I Love that one. but, I really like Snowflake Empress too. Royal Heritage is a very pretty clump, too.love that color.My Persian Market didn't bloom this year. aint got but a very few leaves on it. I probably need to dig that onne up too and stick it in a pot. They seem to do much better in a pot here,This soil here is not any good,inspite of all the additives that's been put in it over the years.I really like your Jean Swann Cluster , too.
    and really like the color of Royal Heritage--so pretty.

jean

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks. everybody, looks like Stardust Heiress is a hit. I tell myself not to buy DLS based on pictures, but I succumbed when I saw that triangular eye and the green throat. However, the stats on this one are okay, so we will see what happens in the future.
    Kay, Childish Dream is registered as a pink, but as it seems to happen so often, the color is more on the peach side; no matter, I'll take it!!
    Julia, I was surprised that Persian Market already had four more scapes coming up. This has been a good year for this one, and the color of the picture is really close. Jean,, maybe by potting your Persian Market, it will perk up and bloom.
    Nancy, I have just decided to ignore the dormancy thing--I know it could be a risk for you since you are warmer than we are, If you really love a plant, I say go for it, unless it costs a bundle. I was lucky to get Snowflake Empress as an Instant Buy for $10, and the seller sent an excellent plant. However, if it dies on me, I will be sad, but not out a lot of money.
    Val, glad to know you like Small World Snow Owl, since it is on the plain side, but it just stops me in my tracks when I see it. Avedon

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Stardust Heiress is a beauty and to me was worth the wait.
    Linda

• nat4b
    10 years ago

My favorite is Snowflake Empress, and oh what a great picture of Jean Swann! Childish Dreams reminds me of Siloam Double Classic. It turns peach here too, but in the mornings, at least for now, it's such a beautiful pink color

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm