Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toymr2mk2

Celestial For Janice

toymr2mk2
16 years ago

And anybody else who wants to look.....:)....I finally got a chance to go out and get some pics. The color in the mature leaf is awesome especially earlier in the year before the margin lightens (Please excuse the pine sap). And the second pic is of your little baby. He is putting out new growth since I repotted it and looking much happier!

Art

Comments (11)

• Janice
    16 years ago

Oh my!!!!! HOW VERY NICE, Art!!!!!! Ooooh, I had no idea that Celestial was THAT neat!!!! NOW, I'm REALLY excited!!

Funny thing is, I was just out watering cause it is so doggone dry and we have been passed by another *torrential promise*, undelivered!
    I actually had the thought, "you know, I could be very happy with what I have right now, if I never got another hosta!" How absurb was that!!!
    Okay, maybe not, but not often heard around here,anyway!!! Maybe I could be even happier if I had one of those!

You've hooked me Art---you're such a nice man!!!!

Thank you for the *peek* at it! Sigh!!!

{{gwi:891485}}

• toymr2mk2
    Original Author
    16 years ago

lol....You were already hooked just in denial! I didn't realize how beautiful the individual leaves were until I went on a walk and actually took the time to look closely at a few of them. I was hoping this would get you excited.....lol.....Enjoy!

• Janice
    16 years ago

LOL, yeap we're all travelling on that river aren't we--'De-Nial'!!!
    You've done your work well, Art--I am excited!!! :o)

You're a great 'baby-sitter'!

Thank you, again!!!

• buff24
    16 years ago

I got Celestial at the end of last season (Janice, remember our fun trip to Cory's??), and it didn't come back this year *insert sad sniff here* Anyway, I did take a single-leaf picture of it last year, so here it is, for your viewing enjoyment... Obviously it wasn't a mature plant, but the coloring was still pretty cool.

Buff

Celestial

• Janice
    16 years ago

Ahhh, I remember yours, now, Buff! I knew you had gotten one, and it was the reason I went back for mine!!
    Now that I think about it, I wound up bringing back mine without the leaves because Cory had already done his
    Fall decapitations! Slump!

Yours, is definitely why I wanted one!! Thanks for the reminder!!!!But--I'm so sorry it didn't make it!

Was it still in a pot or had you planted it?

Are you going for another one?

Can you still see your toes? :O)

• buff24
    16 years ago

Janice, the Celestial I got from Cory's was 2 eyes... I divided it, planted 1 eye in the ground, and potted the other one. NEITHER of them made it through the winter :-( Not sure if I'll get another one or not... Right now I still have several hostas in pots that I don't have a place for, so I'm holding off on buying more. I am pretty much at max capacity, unless I figure out a place for a new bed...

No, I cannot see my toes when standing, and I can hardly reach them to put on socks or shoes... Flip-flops are WONDERFUL, since I don't have to reach my feet to put them on or take them off, so I try to wear flips as much as possible (even to work!) Thank goodness it's summer!!

Buff

• poppi
    16 years ago

Hey J and Buff,

Sorry yours didn't survive. I think that freeze we got was hard on alot of plants and trees. Let's hope next year is better.

Remember I got one too. Mine made it through the winter and is now a grave marker for our cat George who we had to put down earlier this year. I was a Cory's earlier this year and didn't see any other Celestial. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place though.

I won't be venturing to Cory's anymore this year. I had a fall while on vacation and messed up my knee and am in a brace...booo, hooo! Maybe I'll have more time to visit you all on Garden Web since working in the yard is impossible.

poppi

• Janice
    16 years ago

Oh no, Poppi on both counts, 'George' and your knee!!! He was such a sweet boy--I am SO sorry to know he's gone!
    He IS the one that followed us around amongst your hosta, isn't he??

Oh dear, and your knee--I know you are bummed about not being able to work in your beautiful grounds, but, they
    are SO beautiful already, maybe just sitting on your porch and looking *down* will be healing in and of itself!

I hope you recover very quickly and can get back into the *swing of things*! We will be the better for you being able
    to post more, here, though! I Always love your pics. and input!!!

• buff24
    16 years ago

Poppi, I am also so sorry to hear about George. I know you were heartbroken to have to put him down... And I hope you can have a quick recovery with your knee injury! That has to be frustrating, not to be able to be "out and about" and do as you please... Sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery!

Buff

• poppi
    16 years ago

Hey J,

It was Oskar who followed us around the yardand he still likes his walks. I doubt you met George as he was very shy. He made it to 18 and had a very good life. Although it was sad, it was his time and we were OK with that.

• Janice
    16 years ago

Oh, whew, Poppi! I'm sorry about your 'George', though, but I know he had a very good life with you!

But, I'm glad to hear that 'Oskar' is still alive and *kicking vole-butt*!!! :O)