Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allan4519

Some daylilies flowering in Australia at present

allan4519
14 years ago

G'day all, just some seedlings and the odd registered flower to remind you what they look like during spring flowering, Daylily season is past peak here though these seedlings along with others are still putting on a show even they are getting very little water of fertilizer.

Green Mystique (US P. Stamile) well worth having

{{gwi:982833}}

Pure Indulgence x Green Mystique (Oz seedling);

{{gwi:982836}}

Daylily seedling (Queensland Red x Dragon King) Oz seedling;

{{gwi:982838}}

Daylily Seedling (Splendid Touch x Patmfsud) Oz seedling

The day image this plant was taken, had 20 flowers out.

{{gwi:982839}}

Gold Seedling Dalriada x Villa del Sol Oz seedling

{{gwi:982841}}

Daylily Seedling Velvet Eyes x First Knight Oz seedling.

This flower looks average though is a very unusual colour and stands out well as well as put on a teriffic show for a very long season.

{{gwi:982844}}

This last seedling is just for colour, Solar Max crossed with the seedling Velvet Eyes x First Knight above this image.

{{gwi:982846}}

I still like daylilies though have stopped hybridizing them, as the current temperatures and drought over here are making growing any flowers difficult little lone get a terrific show like daylilies used too, over here.

Hope your winter is not as dramatic as our spring over here is???? Previously spring temps were 25oC to 30oC though this year 35oC to 45oC are common temperatures during mid day here.

Comments (15)

• Julia WV (6b)
    14 years ago

Nice pics! Makes me want to start the season all over again. We had just one light snowfall here in early October. Temps have been up and down. Usually we get a hard freeze by now but not this year.
    Julia

• Cindy zone 6a
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing, a pleasure to look at, really like the seedling with Splendid Touch parent, wow, 20 open.
    Cindy

• kimkats
    14 years ago

Fabulous photos! I really needed that shot of color thank you for sharing. I agree with Cindy,that Splendid touch seedling is beautiful. I hope your drought ends soon.

Kim

• allan4519
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for the comments,

here is an image of the lavender daylily plant in full flower with 20 flowers out;

{{gwi:982848}}

getting back to you on the weather , will be interesting to see what type of changes you get in your usual weather patterns? is quite obvious that our weather in very unstable and not very predictable any more. looks like lots of fires and violent storms this summer??
    Allan

• swontgirl_z5a
    14 years ago

I love all your seedlings. The red and lavender ones are gorgeous.
    Too bad about your weather. It sure looks like you are in for a hot dry summer with lots of fires. Our weather here in Canada has been the strangest its ever been for the last year. I think it poured rain for at least a day every month last winter. We had no snow left after March 1 and temps down to -15 c or 5 F. We lost alfalfa stands and we have never had that happen before. In July our ave temp was about 18c and unlike most around us we were very dry all summer. My daylilies survived but they and many other plants were behind and never really thrived. I never wish for winter but I hope we get some snow to cover the ground before it gets too cold and I hope it stays!
    Good luck with your gardens. It must be terrible to see everything suffer with your drought. I think we have had 1 wet sumer in the last 5 or so and it gets frustrating here on our farm. I can't imagine what you are going through down there.
    Keep your fingers crossed for some good old fashioned weather!

• jean_ar
    14 years ago

Wow, they are all just gorgeous.Couldn't pick a favorite one out of these,since I love all of them.Thanks for sharing them.

Jean

• allan4519
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for the feed back swontgirl and Jean, yep will be interesting though if we have a dry summer followed by a dry winter? the winter night temps will go well below 0oC and that is a problem for other plants I grow. Looks like may have to change my hobby to rollerskating or something subtle like skydiving..... lol. cheers allan

• blue23rose
    14 years ago

It is so nice to know that daylilies are blooming somewhere in the world:) Really like that Splendid Touch x Patmfsud seedling. The flowers in the background look like a great companion plant.

These are so pretty and I see the sun shining in the back of the Solar Max seedling. It just warmed me up.

It's not terribly cold here in southern Indiana/USA yet, but dreary, wet, and windy.

Thanks for brightening my day!

Vickie

• shive
    14 years ago

Those seedlings are all lovely! Your photos really brightened my chilly morning.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

It is really nice to see blooms. thank you for posting. I especially love the pinks and the reds.
    kay

• natalie4b
    14 years ago

Beautiful - so healthy and robust! I miss summer!
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Natalie

• katladie
    14 years ago

Daylily Seedling (Splendid Touch x Patmfsud) is my favorite, it's a real beauty. My friend in Toowoomba was rejoicing the other day bc they had a good rain. Hope you get some too.We had a very dry summer and now have a too wet winter, but that's weather in Louisiana.

Sharon

• irish_rose_grower
    14 years ago

Oh they are gorgeous. Thank you for brightening up our winter.....Your seedlings are amazing, I just love all of them. Really beatiful.

• Waitforspring
    14 years ago

You have some lovely seedlings there. My favorites are the Splendid Touch seedling and the red one. Hope you'll get enough rain this year.
    Val

• dreamingdaylilies
    14 years ago

I like them all ! Much needed pleasure for the eyes it is snowy and very cold here. Wonderful photos Kathy

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County