Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

More irises in bloom- pics

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Green and Gifted- first flower.

Tennison Ridge, a mighty rebloomer here.

My new favorite, Peach Royale. Can you tell I think it is pretty?

Persian Berry.

Autumn Circus, first flower.

My grandpa's NOID:

Ahhh. Irises!

Renee

Comments (11)

• Nancy
    12 years ago

I have Tennison Ridge somewhere in my iris bed :) Got it 2 years ago, but it didn't bloom last year, hope it looks as good as yours. Peach Royale really is pretty, I think it looks even better than the first bloom you posted. I've got Persian Berry too, lovely color. Mine has buds, but hasn't bloomed yet this spring. I have one called circus Stripes that reminds me of your Autumn Circus. I suppose Autumn Circus is a rebloomer though? Pretty, I love the striping.
    Love your irises!

• gardenofeden777
    12 years ago

Oh I missed this posting yesterday Renee or I would have commented then. Beautiful as always! I have been going back over old posts your pics are always amazing! What camera do you use? My Persian Berry has buds. 1st time bloom for me. I have Autumn Circus & Peach Royale on order, yippee. Your pics make me even more excited. And I was thinking about Green & Gifted. Are the colors on that pic accurate with what your eye sees?

• mrtoad
    12 years ago

lovely
    mr toad

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

they all look diseased to me..

send one of each to me for further observation .. and comment ...

thank you

ken

• irisawe
    12 years ago

Your pix are amazing!!!! Green and Gifted just bloomed for me and I used 2 different cameras to take pix in an attempt to compare cameras and get a good picture. Yours are far beyond anything I was able to get. What camera do you use?

K

• kyme
    12 years ago

Beautiful!
    Martha

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ken, as soon as you post some photos of those spectacular clumps of yours the check > iris will be in the mail.

Thanks you guys- I use a Nikon D60 on the automatic point-and-shoot mode. I try not to touch any of the other buttons. I thought about gluing them all down so I couldn't mess the camera up on accident, but DH talked me out of it. It will not photograph bright golden yellow, coral-orange, or flaming red in the garden. They all fuzz out. There is probably a button for that somewhere, but I will never know which one it is.

Nancy, Autumn Circus is supposed to rebloom. It didn't bloom at all for me last year. Neither did Peach Royale, but it's making up for it this year.

Green and Gifted looks just like that in my garden. I took some photos of a just-opened bud as well- it looked almost lavendar. It does not show up well in the garden at all; it looks much nicer close up. There are a few others that are unusual like this- Guatemala and Blackbeard's Daughter are weird looking irises with dark beards. I have been waiting for two years for Bayberry Candle to bloom. It's supposed to be really vigorous, but it's a stunted little clump in my garden.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    12 years ago

the leaves on mine are only getting to about 4 to 6 inches.. i am at least a few weeks to a month behind ... here near ann arbor MI ... its colder in the farm land.. rather than the city also

ken

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

I like the clump shot of Persian Berry. Iris have such a presence when viewed from a distance!

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

Lovely as always! Iris season is still a little ways off here, by the time we get to take photos you are probably all sick of seeing them by then. But now, early on, we are all hungry for the eye candy you are able to post.

I can see why Peach Royale is on your favorite list, it's a beauty!

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Clump shots are the best! If I had more clumps, I would post more. In a few years I will have some decent sized clumps, then I'll post photos of the same ones year after year. Gottagarden, we never tire of your photos or your garden. Never.
    Renee

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting