Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamedicineman

Where to buy Encore Azaleas....

lamedicineman
19 years ago

I live in the Lafayette Louisiana area and would like information on where to purchase Encore Azaleas in my area other than Lowe's or Home Depot.Thank you-

Comments (4)

• Fertilizer_Spreader
    19 years ago

If you can get them at Lowe's or Home Depot, you are lucky. I don't think it really matters because they all come from the same network of growers. You will just get a much better price at the big stores.

I love Encores, but here in Houston, they are somewhat rare. I told a seller that I guess I'm forced to start some from cuttings, and he said if I do, keep it quiet because the patent holder is very strict.

Good Luck

• jlastrap
    19 years ago

If you will e-mail me, I can tell you where to get over 15 varieties right around the Lafayette area without going to the Big Box. There is a difference in quality, such as how often they are watered, fertilized, and kept disease free. Do you think that the Big Box stores are going to give you this quality or take care of their plants like an independent would? Send me an e-mail.

• greenelbows1
    19 years ago

Is it a secret that the rest of us are not allowed to share? I'd think it would help people who'd rather not shop at the big boxes if they had some leads for other places. I can't get out and scout for nurseries the way I used to before my husband got so sick he can't be left alone, but I might be able to go to the nearest, or even not the nearest, nursery if I knew where to go. Why can't you tell us all?

• ceejay68
    19 years ago

The Encore homepage has a list of retailers by state:

http://www.encoreazalea.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=affiliates.main

Hope that helps!

ceejay

Sponsored