Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_nh

Annie_NH Plant Swap June 2014

annie_nh
10 years ago

Annie will be having her plant swap on June 1st. I have tried posting it three times already and it hasn't shown up on the thread.
0900 Coffee and pastried
1000 Swap Begins
1100 Pot Luck luncheon
Please post what you are bringing for the pot luck (if you are staying to eat)

Please post what plants you have to give and what plants you would to receive

If you need anything (directions etc) please email me at awacsflygrl@gmail.com or call my cell (405) 818-1904
Becky

Comments (30)

• sinbadsmom
    9 years ago

Morning Annie and Becky! Glad to see your having another swap. I look forward to being there. Kathie

• ontheteam
    9 years ago

awww shucks that is the last day of the plant sale, so I can't make it! Have fun

• PRO
    Nancy Vargas Registered Architect
    9 years ago

I can't make it this year, but I will be thinking of all of you!

• burtonhill
    9 years ago

My mother and I are looking forward to attending this year.....Lynn Burton -Goffstown & Ann Southmayd-Londonderry. Thank you.

• gata
    9 years ago

Hi. I am looking forward to this!

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Everything is popping up in the garden. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks. If you have any requests from our garden let me know and we'll see what we can dig up for you!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    9 years ago

Hi Annie,

I will not be able to make it again this spring, I have a baptism that morning.

Sinbadsmom, I grew you a bunch of salvia coral nymph maybe we can make arrangements for you to grab them some day.

Lisa

• dfaustclancy
    9 years ago

Hi guys,

I will be at Annie's June 1 and looking forward to seeing all of you. I've got some rooted doublefile viburnum (wedding cake shrub) and some japanese primula Miller's Crimson if you're interested. Here's what the viburnum looks like when it's in full bloom...
    Lisa - it's been too long!

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have hostas day lillies phlox and lilac bushes to trade

• olddawg
    9 years ago

My wife is interested, have to say, so am I!
    Would like to visit and see what folks want.

We have so many plants we give away to friends.

Where are you?

• gata
    9 years ago

Debra, I'd love to try the viburnum.

Is anyone interested in Stephanandra incusa shrub? I've got some small starts I could bring. Also, please speak up if anyone would like catnip - I could bring some if anyone wants, ditto for lemon balm.
    I look forward to the swap.

• sasha_nh
    9 years ago

Hi all,

Looking forward attending the swap (Beryl glad you are going to make it)
    Still looking around to see what I'll bring I do have some more mini Siberian Iris I may be able to dig some Victoria Louise poppies small Lady's Mantle Rose Mallow Monkshood and maybe some Turtle Head.
    Gata saw the pictures you posted of your double bloodroot and would love if you are willing to share,
    I'll try to post again but that may not happen.
    See you Sunday
    Marsha
    Lisa sorry you can't make it ....been missing you

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    9 years ago

olddawg - Annie is in Goffstown, NH, just a few miles from Uncanoonuc Mt. Perennials.

• defrost49
    9 years ago

gata, YES, I need some lemon balm. It looks like I lost mine. This has happened before so I wonder if it is a short-lived perennial.

OldDawg, follow directions in first post to get location and directions. It's a very friendly group and we enjoy sitting over potluck lunch and talking.

I should have white phlox to trade. It gets quite tall and has spread from that quart size plant I bought. Last year a pink variety snuck in which I should have pulled right away but didn't. This variety of white is very fragrant.

Not sure what else I'll bring. If anyone has a yellowy hosta, I would love a piece.

I will bring something for the potluck but don't know what yet. I was away for most of May until the 19th so I'm way behind in garden work.

• sinbadsmom
    9 years ago

Morning all, not having a lot of luck with this weather getting things dug up! I can bring some hosta that gets very large I believe is from the big daddy one.
    Have some yellow/lavender columbine that I did from seed they should flower this year so can't say what they will look like.
    Have a list of daylilies on my page if any are wanted.
    I can bring some Solomon seal and have some double pink echinacaes that I did from seed so not sure if they will come true.
    Black beauty oriental lily
    corms of duchtmans breeches
    I will bring the chicken cranberry salad sandwiches again
    Gata did I hear something about double blood root! Didn't see the pics.
    Debra I would love a viburnum start. Annie would love a couple of the lilacs if you need help digging I will do it.

• dfaustclancy
    9 years ago

Glad folks are finally starting to post! Beryl will be good to see your face in the place! I will bring something for the lunch table -- still trying to decide...

Gata - I will bring you a rooted viburnum, would love a piece of the double bloodroot

Marsha - My mini Siberian iris did not return this year, so if you have a spare? I can bring you a piece of a Nikko blue hydrangea if you like.

Kathie - Be delighted to pot you up a viburnum. Will try a few of your columbine seedlngs.

Annie - Would you like a viburnum, primula or heliopsis? Let me know. I'm curious as to how the hydrangea is doing I gave you a few years back. So glad you're still doing this! Love these swaps!

Olddawg - Glad you can make it. Anything I mention sound good to you? Here's what the primula looks like...

See you all on Sunday.. Let's hope we get some sunshine.

Debra

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi everyone! we cant wait to see everyone on Sunday! The onion soup is prepped and ready to go! I'll be making something yummy in the oven for a little treat before the swap begins and will have coffee brewed.

Becky
    (Anne's daughter)

• gata
    9 years ago

I dug a fairly large clump of the dbl bloodroot - should be enough for Marsha, debra, sinbadsmom and of course Annie! Also have the lemonbalm for defrost49

• dfaustclancy
    9 years ago

Does anyone have the yellow iris? I don't have this plant and would love a rhyzome....

• olddawg
    9 years ago

I apologize if this is a second post, But I seem to be posting on an older link..

Have a multitude of low bush Blueberry of which I'd be happy to share!
    Also I grow strong Forsythia and have 2 plants I'd be willing to dig up if someone is wanting. I prune them back for 2 years before letting them go so they be nice and full.

Spearmint will be coming as well as:
    A few of the sun drops (smaller ones that can be moved)
    A few different varieties Grasses (one of my new passions)

My wife is running through the garden and doing the basic thinning, so there may be a few more coming!

• dfaustclancy
    9 years ago

Thanks Annie and everyone else who was there and swapped plants. We had a great time as usual. Missed Marsha??? And had some great food. Thanks again! Deb N Paul

• defrost49
    9 years ago

Thanks Annie and Beckie. I had a lovely time. Gata, thanks for my lemon balm special request. And thanks to others who shared plants. Although a smaller turnout than usual, it was still fun and lunch was wonderful. It looked like some different things were blooming in Annie's garden this year. I don't remember seeing the May Apples before. They were beautiful. The weather was perfect but we always have a good time rain or shine.

• gata
    9 years ago

I meant to post this earlier in the week, but here now is a big THANK YOU to Annie and her family for another wonderful plant swap. Had a great time as usual!

• becky Scott
    9 years ago

We're having another swap this year! Here is the link!

Link to June 2015 plant swap

• lynnburton89
    8 years ago

Greetings, has anyone heard if Annie will be having her annual plant swap this year...? Thank you . Lynn Burton

• becky Scott
    8 years ago

Lynn,

im going to Germany to visit my son for the month of June, I'm trying to talk my brother and sister into having it but not having much luck...

but I do have the weekend before Memorial Day open if people want to come a couple weeks early.

Becky

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I messaged Becky the other day, she said Annie is doing well after her hip replacement this past January. Her mind is another issue but I'm told overall she's doing well.

We discussed a plant swap and she said that she would like to bring Annie to a swap IF she isn't having a bad day the scheduled day. I hear that some days it's a fight to get her up and dressed. Oh Annie!

Deidre and I were talking and she thought it be nice to give Annie with a small gift pertaining to the starting of the great swap group that attended her swap for many years. There will be no money involved for anyone, deidre and I will take care of that. The gift will be from EVERYONE!

I emailed Thymetodig {susan} and we decided that I should do the spring swap because she's busy this year.

I did the June swap last year and we had a great time. we did miss a lot of the Goffstown group though.

I'm thinking June, 10th for the swap date.

• dfaustclancy
    7 years ago

Lisa (and Deirdre) what a thoughtful and generous plan. It will be great to see Annie again and a good outing for her. She will love being Guest of Honor and I will enjoy seeing her and Becky both. If June 10th is the date, I'm in. I'll watch this post for more replies. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. All best, Debra

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    7 years ago

Here is the new thread for the 2017 spring swap in Tewksbury.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/4571510/ma-spring-plant-swap

Thanks Lisa and Deirdre!