Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrbreeze_gw

One Ang and three non Angs--multi photo

mrbreeze
16 years ago

Neobathiea grandidieriana (syn. filicornu), Vanda Rosri Gold, Rodriguezia lanceolata (syn. secunda), Oncidium maculatum.

-MB

Comments (11)

• barbara_in_la
    16 years ago

Love that flower in the first (and second) photo! Is it fragrant?

• Charm
    16 years ago

Beautiful collection!~Charm

• mrbreeze
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh yes, like all Angs, it smells divine. It smells a little bit like happiness with an overtone of moonlight and a slight hint of love.

• xmpraedicta
    16 years ago

how poetic mr. B :) Does that one typically have one flower, or will it produce more with age? Either way, I think it's lovely.

• olyagrove
    16 years ago

Beautiful plants!
    Olya

• aachenelf z5 Mpls
    16 years ago

I like the roots on the vanda. The flowers are really nice too. It kind of looks like a smallish plant. Possible?

K

• komi
    16 years ago

you have a Rodriguezia in s/h?

wait, you have a Rodriguezia at all? And a vanda, lol.

btw, took a pic for you at longwood. You've managed to make it a requirement - see an ang, take a pic for MB....

• mrbreeze
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Calvin: I think the Ang will only make one flower each time but I'm not positive. I kind of think the other cultivated species, N. perrieri, sometimes makes more than one, and they're more green as I recall.

Kevin: I wouldn't call it small. But compared to most other Vandas that are over ten years old, I'd say its smaller than average. I think the wire grid it's mounted on is 14" across.

Ki: lol, yea a friend got me the Rod. in the Costa Rican aeroporte like six years ago or something. It was a tiny 1" seedling in agar in a test tube when it arrived in the mailbox, complete with CITES documents no less. I did grow it in s/h for a few years but now it's in sphag. Thanks for any and all Ang pics!!! I dearly love Angs.

• tee530
    16 years ago

Nice, Mr.B. Your photo studio looks to be a cross between The Matrix and Tron (dating myself there).

• clintdawley
    16 years ago

Nice show, Mr. B..

(Do you grow that vanda under lights?)

• komi
    16 years ago

I remember your test tube baby! Surely not 6 years! Have I known you that long? omg...... ???

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!