Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunter_m_gw

Would you look at that!!

Hunter_M
12 years ago

Wow! Im very exited! I knew some of my foxtails had little roots,but look at this!

I have never germenated anything before,so I am so exited! Now I just have to wait untill it sprouts!

Thanks for looking!

-Hunter

Comments (8)

• chachacharlie
    12 years ago

Nice! What was the process? I have some Bottle Palm seed. Any tips?

• Hunter_M
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well,I just put them in styrophome cups with plastic wrap over them. I dont give them alot of water because the cups stay moist because I forgot to punch holes in the bottom. Thats really all I do.
    Hope I helped!
    -Hunter

• andyandy
    12 years ago

cool, I dug up my mejdool dates and they looked the same. Roots but no leaf yet, I'm hoping they pop up be fall.

• earthworm73
    12 years ago

Nice hunter. How long did it take em to germinate?

• Hunter_M
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I think it took it 3 months to grow a root that long. Still no above ground action yet.

• wetsuiter
    12 years ago

You've got to be patient with your plants, Hunter. Digging up the sprouting seedlings doesn't do them any good. You're doing everything right to get them to sprout, so don't risk damaging the fragile sprouts.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Hunter,

It is very exciting to see roots..especially since this is just the beginning of your new world to growing palms, tropicals and Plumeria!!!

We were all there as you are...beginning with the excitement of seeing something that you had a hand in growing, and i think its wonderful!!!!

Keep up the good work...

Wetsuiter does have a great point!!!

We all have done this, so dont feel like you are the only one who has peeked at the rooting process!!!

The best advice is to wait and not peek!!! I know it seems hard not too! Believe me!! LOL

That is why i sent you a rooted Plumie...starting one for a cutting requires alot of patience and leaving the cutting alone for 6-8 weeks!!!

I hope you continue to explore in the wonderful world of growing plants...its a very rewarding hobby, and i think that you will be a very good gardener!!!

Keep up the positive attitude and the great excitement that you have....it will only get better!!!

Take care everyone!!!!

HI Vince!!!!

thought of you today..i potted up some more oleander seedlings... check them out if u want..over at the Plumeria side..under Guillots Sunset and DR's....they look pretty healthy!!!

Have a great night Hunter...let me know when u receive ur package... : )

Laura in VB

• wetsuiter
    12 years ago

Laura, good to see you back. I trust all is well and returning back to normal at home.

Thanks for tempering my advice to Hunter with a motherly tone. I'd just hate for him to break off that sprout when he's been waiting so long.

I'll be glad to have any of your orphans.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction