Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jutsfl

My Reaper specimens

jutsFL
9 years ago

I just sent these to a fellow member of another forum - in return I (and everyone else) will get to witness the pain as he eats one :D

(Really though,too, I was just proud of these and the way they looked...wanted to show them off)

Jay

Comments (17)

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Very nice! Link us to the video when it's up!

Josh

• stoneys_fatali
    9 years ago

Awesome Jay!
    My philosophy is you grow em you gotta try em but I don't blame you.
    I don't think I'd have the guts to try a Reaper..maybe a little piece!

Stoney

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    9 years ago

I can always find 15 or 20 minutes to waste watching someone do something as stupid as eating a Reaper. Definitely post a link to the video, uncensored of course.
    Yes, those are classic looking and beautifully formed Reaper pods. Lets just hope the heat matches.
    Bruce

• jutsFL
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'll definetely be posting the link here when it's ready!

I tried 1/4 of one a while back from the plants... Pretty much destroyed me for 20 min.

Jay

• ronnyb123
    9 years ago

Nice looking pods there Jay. Pretty awesome to claim you grew those.

I have to agree with Stoney. Grow it-Gotta try it, in this case a small piece.

This post was edited by RonnyB123 on Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 15:52

• esox07 (4b) Wisconsin
    9 years ago

Yah, the only difference between a novice eating a super hot and sticking a branding iron on their shoulder is that the super hot normally doesn't leave a scar.
    Bruce

• kclost
    9 years ago

I hope mine turn out like that, they really look great. I'm just now hoping to see my first pod on my Reaper plants...

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

I hope I get some nice pods this season....and of course I'll try a piece....but not on camera :-)

Josh

• obchili
    9 years ago

Awesome looking pods there. I hope I could only be so lucky this year.

• judo_and_peppers
    9 years ago

my reapers have been very uncooperative so far. they're pretty much the only plants that haven't set pods yet.

• hotsandiego
    9 years ago

My reaper is looking like a midget right now. I hope it takes off! 2mos and only 6 inches tall

• User
    9 years ago

Well done Jay!!! I hope my turn out that nice.

• TNKS
    9 years ago

I love super hots and have never been the youtube idiot to eat a whole pod,really now what does it really prove other the sub 3 digit IQ?
    If being a social media idiot"does it for you" then knock your self out!!
    Stem and clean those reaper pods and fine dice them,add about 1/8th of a pods worth to a good cracker and cheese.
    Eat it and then thank yourself for not eating the whole pod.
    The flavor is special and will cut thru whatever its mixed with,yes you will get plenty of face burn once your mouth melts and you stop counting your teeth because your gums recessed to your pallet.
    Personally I think the Brown Moruga's pack a better heat hit and more intense burn(deeper in the throat).
    Again the reaper has its own flavor,but youll only taste it for about 9 sec,then it will return after about 15 min as your taste buds regain conciseness.

My $.0ü

• loweride
    9 years ago

I have Reaper Powder from Volcanic Peppers. I also have Bhut powder. The Bhut powder is pretty tame compared to the Reaper powder.
    I've eaten pieces of Bhut, TMS, and other >1,000,000 SHU peppers, but I'm thinking that Reaper peppers are crazy-nutz. I've never tried a Reaper pepper. I'm growing them this year, but if they're as hot as the powder I have, then I'm expecting pain.

• nightrodspecial
    9 years ago

Great pic. I don't have much to offer the forum in terms of pepper knowledge as I'm new to growing them (and new to the forum).. but I do like seeing the pics.

• User
    9 years ago

Great looking pods.

My Reapers are just at the flowering stage. I'm looking forward taste them to see if they live up to all the hype.

To date the the Douglah is the hottest pepper I've had the misfortune of putting in my mouth.The Butch T was a close second. It'll be interesting to see how the Reaper compares.

Bill

• TexasPaul
    9 years ago

Hi all
    I bought some seeds in 2013 had a 20% germination rate..however the one i kept grew and grew.so i overwintered and here are the pics of it starting to bare its deadly yet tasty fruit :-)

Sponsored