Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ollierose

Ashe-Simpson Garden Center in Chamblee, GA

ollierose
15 years ago

I have always love shopping at Ashe Simpson, but I will most likely never shop with them again after the experience I had at the Southeast Flower Show yesterday.

I approached the booth to ask about a daphne shrub and patiently waited while the employee was talking with another customer. The other customer left and during that process, another lady approached and pushed right by me to speak with the employee. I continued to wait until I realized that the employee was going to ignore me and have a conversation with her friend that had just arrived. I walked away and they lost my purchase. They attempted to get me to come back, but I was frustrated at that point and decided that I didn't want to buy from them. I expect that any employee will help a customer first rather than chat with a friend.

They do have great quality plants, but that doesn't make up for customer service in my book.

Comments (4)

• marlingardener
    15 years ago

Send a copy of your message to the nursery. I am sure that they don't want to alienate customers. Hopefully the employee who ignored you is not on the nursery's "A Team", and if you can describe the employee, the nursery manager may give that person a little lesson on customer relations.
    Sure wish we had a Flower Show around here! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your experience at the Georgia one.

• ollierose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I highly doubt that contacting the nursery about my experience would help at all. It was the owner that I had the bad experience with. I know this because I had shopped with them for 8 years prior to this happening.

I recalled another bad experience with them over the past year as well. They said they would contact me as soon as they put their fall bulbs out as I was looking for something specific they were planning to carry. I never received a call from them. Not to mention that I have also had several experiences over the years with them where I wanted to buy a plant from them only to be told that it wasn't for sale. I understand that not all plants are for sale and the some are used to create more, but those plants should be kept out of customer view . It's very frustrating to find a plant you want and then have someone tell you that you can't buy it.

I actually rode by their nursery last week and just kept on driving by. Never slowed a bit. Done with Ashe Simpson!

• bearden2_comcast_net
    13 years ago

I absolutely love Ashe Simpson. Have shopped there for years. Anytime I am looking for a gift, want any nursery advice, want new seasonal plants or herbs, I head there. It's a friendly neighborhood spot that I look forward to visting.

• csimpsongarden_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I have been reluctant to respond to a negative email because I think everyone has their own perception of a situation but I just read Ollirose's email again after someone menioned it to me and I do want the to correct an inaccuracy. I am the owner and it was an employee that Ollierose dealt with both times she had an issue not me. I did take a cue from her email and put up a barrier between our "back area" where I keep plants I have purchased for myself on various trips or someone has given me to trail. Even with an "employees only" sign people go around the wall and bring out plants.

I have been in business for thirteen years and have wonderful customers who genuinely seem to appreciate how hard I work to have a quality independent nursery and believe me it gets harder every year.
    Ollierose I am sorry you had a bad experience.