Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dak11801

forestrose

dak11801
15 years ago

Unfortunately, this post is not to glow about a wonderful trader.

Back in the end of May, forestrose(Lily) and I agreed on a plant trade. I promptly sent mine off, which I usually do because I like getting my plants on their way to their expectant new owners. I figure everyone is as excited as I am about getting their plants.

I wrote to Lily telling her the plants were on their way. She told me the weather was bad where she lived, but she would get my plants out ASAP.

To make a long story short: many promises of your package will go out this week and two months of waiting, I still haven't gotten my plants.

Now I don't even get the decency of a reply to my emails. Should I be surprised?

Susan

Comments (5)

• prhart
    15 years ago

My expirience has been exactly the same as Susan's. Repeated promises to send her plants ASAP have gone unfulfilled. Lily claims to be a Master Gardener which (if true) adds insult to injury. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you send plants to her unless and until you have received those which she has promised. It is sad when the honor system that works so well on the GW is abused.

• girlndocs
    15 years ago

Well, s**t. Me too. I was feeling bad about coming here to post this, in case there had been some kind of mixup, but now I see I'm not the only one.

Lily was extravagant with her offers of plants on my wish list: a big salvia, as many C. purpurea indica as I liked, etc, etc. Now I can see why she could do that -- apparently she had no intention of sending any of it. I sent her a carefully packed box full of goodies too.

Kristin

• reba_nc
    15 years ago

The night before I found out about her reputation I sent her an e-mail about the apothecary rose on her list. She just got back with me 15 minutes ago. I sent her a copy of Susan's post. She seemed nice, too bad........

• forestrose
    15 years ago

To all concerned: I am sending your trade items, but right now the heat would kill the plants. The delay before was caused by the relentless flooding we experienced here in Illinois. It's taken us months to clean up & rebuild. I had no internet connection for long periods of time, which is why I wasn't responding. One person I trade with lives not far from me and she experienced the same flooding....we ended up trading in person just 2 weeks ago.
    I can't apologise enough to you all. You have every right to be angered, and I am so very sorry. A few of the plants in the trades have gone dormant, but will be sending up shoots again in the autumn. The rest, you'll all receive as soon as I can afford to post them. The cleanup has been expensive, to put it mildly. I'm not asking your forgiveness here, just explaining what happened.
    Best wishes to you all,
    Lily

• prhart
    13 years ago

Despite her promises to make good on all of her outstanding trades, she has never done so. I have heard that she is now posting under another GW name but I cannot confirm this. She lives in either Illinois or Indiana and claims to be a Master Gardener. Be very cautious if she offers to trade with you