Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sultry_jasmine_nights_fl9

Where to buy plumeria seeds?

This last year i have started several plumeria cuttings with success but now I would like to try planting seeds. Where online can I buy seeds? ebay is the only one I have heard of but is there any other online nurseries that sells them?

TIA

~SJN

Comments (11)

• wanda662
    18 years ago

You can try Floridacolors or Mauiplumerianursery. Also check the exchange here!

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

thanks I checked those two websites but they only say seedlings not seeds. I will check the exchange or maybe risk ebay.

• hotdiggetydam
    18 years ago

you must have a lot of time to wait t be starting from seed

• hiway_86
    18 years ago

botanictreasures.com sells plumeria seeds. they have a bunch of different varieties

• kasiec
    18 years ago

Sultry - you need to check www.mauiplumeriagardens.com again. They have some really neat stuff.

Kasie

• lac1361
    18 years ago

Sultry,

I have several trees in dormancy with unripeded seed pods. I'll give you seeds from any of the named or unnamed trees except the seeds from Princess Victoria. Those I have to sell. Send me a PM. I'm in Lake Charles. Seed pods usually start opening in early summer.

Steve

• otis2003
    16 years ago

you can get plumeria seeds from plumeriaparadise.com or try the seed exchange here.

• tdogdad
    16 years ago

SJN- Be careful of seeds because they often do not look like the parent. The large number of genes give rise to many variations in size. shape, smell, and color. Whites and yellows tend to be the most common seedlings. Reds and rainbows tend to have better potential. In other words you may buy an exotic seed and get a boring, little pink/white flower.
    Steve- I believe the Princess Victoria is a Metari Pink that has a color break caused by a virus. The virus is carried by the cutting but I do not believe it would be in the seed. Not sure of this but some biologist would know. Bill

• jeelli
    16 years ago

Thompson & Morgan sells Plumeria seeds under the name Frangipani. They sell 6 seeds for 4.95. This is where I got my one and only Plumie. I'm no professional, so only one seed germinated. It's been a slow process- the plant is only 7.5" high, after almost a year. It will be a while before it's close to blooming, but somehow that doesn't bother me- growing plants from seed is therapeutic.
    Good luck with your endeavors!!!

• ProudMamaSD
    12 years ago

Looking online at Florida Colors and very curious about the varied price range for seeds. I am new to this but feel like I've learned a lot from these forums. As Bill says, the flowers grown from seeds often do not resemble the parents, why pay even $5.00 for several seeds that are a crap shoot when you can buy a cutting and know what you will get?

I want to grow seeds, I am just starting and began with mature plants which have already sprouted inflos, but I want to nurse one from a seed. I guess I am wondering if there is any benefit to going onto a website, looking at the pictures and then perhaps paying more than $.89 for a seed that can look like anything. Can anyone add some insight? This addiction is taking over!