Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

Some of my favorite urban gardens...

alison
14 years ago

One of the only reasons I got a cell phone was to have a camera to take pictures of pretty things I see on my daily walks. I thought I'd start this thread to share some of the pretty gardens I see. Feel free to post some of your favorites, too!

I thought I'd start with a bit of the garden we've put in at work. Right now we have lilacs, irises and perennial alyssum blooming. Watching the birdbath is always a great way to waste time!

I came across this pretty little side garden right downtown a few weeks ago. Only about 15 feet wide, but crammed with dogwoods and azaleas. Gorgeous on a cool, overcast day.

Across the street is the Deaf School Topiary park, with it's enormous recreation of Seurat's painting Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. It's really cool to be able to "get inside the painting" and walk around it, getting different perspectives.

And this is simply my neighbor's front yard. What looks like a mass of green behind the phlox is all sorts of flowers that reveal themselves over the course of the summer. It's really spectacular in a teeny space!

More as the spring goes on!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio