Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamz24

What kind of fertilizer should I use for cacao

Jamz24
10 years ago

I have a cacao seedling that's about 3 inches tall and its about 4 months old. I've seen photos of cacao plants being 3 months old and are about a foot tall. I'm not sure if the soil I'm using is the problem but I'm using compost with vermiculite. I make sure the soil is moist at all times. So the only thing I can think of that's making my cacao grow slow is lack of nutrients. Any help would be great. Thanks

Comments (2)

• tropicbreezent
    10 years ago

I have 2. The older one is just over ankle height and seems to refuse to grow. The younger one is up to my chest. They're both in the ground but the main difference is the larger has more organic matter in the soil and is in brighter light. Its soil seems to hold water better as well. I don't give them anything other than general purpose fetiliser, and not very often.

I've been planning on moving the smaller one, just a matter of deciding on a spot where I can feel more confident it'll do better.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    10 years ago

Mine like milorganite mixed in the soil or composted rabbit or chicken manure.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz