Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zitro_joe

On ethe road again...

zitro_joe
16 years ago

The 'Man' called today, we are headed to Tucson, AZ. My report date is 15Jan07.

This is the first place I have called home in a long time. We are starting to go through the house and throwing stuff away we don't need. I have a couple aesthetic repairs on the house to complete before I plan to sell it.

Zjoe

Comments (10)

• justintx
    16 years ago

Keep us posted. Best wishes, and once a Texan, ALWAYS a Texan (unless you move to Oklahoma). ; - )
    J.D.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks J.D.

Born and raised in Texas, I will be back!

Zjoe

• denisew
    16 years ago

What a yucky time of year to have to pack up and move - Thanksgiving and Christmas still ahead. Well, you do what you need to do to provide for the family. Hopefully you will keep us up to date with your garden and family. I have enjoyed seeing the pictures you post here - always good for a smile - loved the ones when your daughter wrote on your big screen tv with the sharpie marker. ;-) We know whose finger she is wrapped around. Good luck with your move and your time in AZ.

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

You will be able to grow pretty much the same things in Tucson, as in San Angelo. Just a bit more tropical than where you are. I had bougainvillas, pride of barbados, also citrus and almond trees.

y'all will be able to enjoy the moutains also.

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Say hello to R. Carlos Nakai. That is his home town, at present.

Too hot in Tucson for me, but ok place to visit, when not mid-summer.

You can always spend your spare time hunting for the Lost Dutchman mine.

You should absolutely do xeriscaping there.

• trsinc
    16 years ago

Awww, I'm sorry to see you go. But I hope you love the new place. It is alway fun and exciting to live some place new. I've moved about 20 times, now, so I know. The packing sucks and so does leaving old friends, but a new place is always fun for me. Hope it is for you and your family too.

Enjoy your new place and keep in touch with us! I don't post a lot, but I enjoy your posts. Keep visiting us and we can all learn a little bit about AZ. My best friend lives in Phoenix but she's not a gardener.

• gabriell_gw
    16 years ago

I enjoy reading your posts and hope you continue to check in. Hope you can feel at home in your new state. You will always be a Texan.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Dang! TX is gonna miss ya!
    The desert is a ***** to garden in. If you need tips lemme know. It's not the lack of water(in the ground) that kills plants BTW it's the dry air. Roses do famously. They get almost no diseases and love the drier air. Buy a house with mature trees if at all possible. The reflected heat will raise the roof on your cooling bills. PJ

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

We will miss you Joe and your adorable family and yes...trees are a must
    jolana

• gardenspice
    16 years ago

Shoot, Joe.
    Well, you hurry back!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting