Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janetdunut

Tomato problems

Janetdunut
11 years ago

Good morning!

I did try to search for the answer to my question but didn't find much that applied to my particular issue.

I am using the square foot garden method, and started my peppers and tomatoes from seed. I had a great setup, and grew more tomato seedlings than I could use. I gave many away to family members and all have done well. BUT, last week, I noticed that my roma seedlings were starting to pale. What were ver robust and green seedlings seemed to be dying. My box car willies started to yellow a bit as well but not as bad and my prudens purple were still fine. Sunday, I went ahead an dput them in the garden...a little early but they had already been up potted twice, and I thought it might solve my problem. The Romas, now in 5 gallon buckets are all but dead. The stems are green and trying to produce new growth, but everything else has dried up and fallen off. The others in the garden have purked up but I still have some yellowing. The peppers are growing perfectly.

I see no bugs, no spots and I don't "think" I'm over watering, as I wait until the soil is dry to water.

I am super bummed about my Romas. I seriously doubt they'll make it. Any advice on what I could do at this point to help them recover?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!