Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: Back to School 2008 New Spectacular Seed Swap

godsgarden9
15 years ago

Welcome to the Back to School 2008 New Spectacular Seed Swap. I want to thank all of those that have participated in the swaps over the last few years, and hopefully this will be the best ever. Welcome to all the newbies, whether you send in 10 packets or 300, you will receive alot of new items to try. Here are the guidelines for you:

1) All seeds are fresh from 2008, so this will be best for everyone. You can send from 10 packets to a limit of 300 total seed packets for this swap. Please sign on to join, after reading the following guidelines for the swap.

2)Please send a self addressed return envelope or enough postage for me to return seeds to you. All seeds must be turned in by September 30, if you are a couple days late that is okay.. I will begin to mail your packages beginnin the end of the first week of October. Once you sign on to join the fun, I will send you a email with where to send the seeds to.

3)Seed specific minimums per packet of fresh, new 2008 seeds are if they are large (10 per packet), medium (25 per packet), small (50 per packet), and tiny (100+ per packet).

4)Please send no more than 10 packets of the same variety of seed. The greater variety, and the more uniqueness of the content of the seeds, the greater your return will be. I will try to reward those accordingly to the content of the seeds in their packets.

5)Please list the seeds sending, and the number, this will help, so you will receive all different seeds. Please indicate kind of seeds you want. If you include vegetables, you will get a mixed bag, unless you want all vegetables.. If you send all flowers, you can can receive all flowers or mixed, or vegetables only. Flowers are greatest in demand, So please indicate your preference, and if you would like, a wish list, I will try to send as many as possible on your list...

6)Please sign on today, and start collecting seeds and packaging to get ready to send in by the end of September. I will do a fall seed swap, following this one, if you would like to be included in that one also, please let me know... and I will send you an update on that.. It will start at the end of September...

7) Most of all have fun, this is lots of fun, its been a blessing to make new friends and a blessing to keep in touch with all of my old friends. so sign up today, and before you know it, you will get a great surprise package in return before you know it...

Comments (150)

• Belinda Sisemore
    15 years ago

ny seeds are ready waiting on the address, thanks Belinda

• lilyloverlynn
    15 years ago

I forgot to add my email address: lovely_lynn@rocketmail.com

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hi
    send me an e-mail I'll send you guys the address.
    sorry if I'm steping on your toes Godsgarden, you may not have power or internet due to Ike os thought I would try to help.
    michelle

• karendee
    15 years ago

Michelle that is so nice of you....
    Sending you an email today...

I hope Ike did not do to much damage for her
    karen

• northforker
    15 years ago

At long last all the seeds are packaged up (130 packs) and I am sending them out in tomorrows mail Willy!
    Thanks so much for hosting!
    Nancy

• greenhousems
    15 years ago

Willy.
    30 packets of seeds are packed and will go out in tommorrow's mail. Thanks for organising such a great project.

Rosaleen

• cheezweaz
    15 years ago

OK- My package is in the mail and includes 60 packets. Can't wait to see what's in my return envie!!

Angel

• greenhousems
    15 years ago

ok... my last post I said I had packed 30 packs... it is now up to 40 and counting. Not sure of the final count at this point...

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    15 years ago

TO ALL THE SEEDSWAPPERS OF BACK TO SCHOOL FRESH SEED SWAP 2008:
    Many of you have sent your packets in, thank you, and I am beginning to work on them so hopefully within the next couple of weeks all will be out. Note! If you dropped out for some reason or just dont have the time now... please sign on to the New Fresh Fall Seed Spectacular. Send to the same address but just title it Fresh Fall seed swap.. those packets are not due until the end of November, so start gathering packaging, and you have plenty of time, they dont need to be sent in until the end of November so please join in the fun.. thanks for all of those that have participated in the Back to School Fresh Spectacular Seed Swap.. for those who misplace the mailing address please email me with your email address, if you have not heard from me, please do this, for some that have your email address hidden, I have not be able to respond to your posting.. thanks again, looking forward to many of you also joining the Fall Fresh Seed Spectacular Swap...

• greensingh
    15 years ago

seeds are on the way :)

• lisa831
    15 years ago

Seeds in the mail this morning. Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

mine will be going out today.

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

Mine are on the way too! - Lisa

• ariadneh17
    15 years ago

Seeds going out today too. Thanks so much, godsgarden9! AriadneH17/ Judith

• karendee
    15 years ago

Mine went out last night. I only had about 12 packets though... I am a newbie at this and I have just started collecting seeds this year...

Can't wait to see what I get too...

thanks for hosting this!
    Karen

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

My seeds were mailed about a week ago. Hopefully they have been received by now! :)

• etravia
    15 years ago

Mine went out today also.
    Willy, thank you for hosting!
    Maggie

• meimei007
    15 years ago

Please remove me from this swap. I was not able to get my seeds out in time.

• andreab
    15 years ago

I'm sending my seeds in today, sorry I'm a day late, the end of the month snuck up on me!!

thanks,
    Andrea

• prairiewinds
    15 years ago

To ensure I don't hold things up, I'm going to move to the next trade. My seeds are nearly ready. Thanks!

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I also am not quite ready, so please switch me to the fall swap. Sorry for any inconveniences!

Thanks,
    Karen

• squirrel_girl
    15 years ago

My seeds came back to me today needing extra postage. :( Can you move me from Back to School's swap to October's swap? I'm sorry. Thank you.

Squirrel Girl

• northforker
    15 years ago

How exciting to open the mailbox today and find my seeds from your September Swap Willy! Spent an hour pouring over them, looking thngs up - fun! Thank You so very much. I will be sending more for the Spectacular swap.

Nancy

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Hi Willy! I just received my seeds today from the swap. I'm thrilled with the selections I received! Thanks so much!

Becky

• lisa831
    15 years ago

I just received my seeds today from the swap,a great selections I received. Thanks for the Spectacular swap. Lisa

• lisa831
    15 years ago

I just received my seeds today from the swap,a great selections I received. Thanks for the Spectacular swap. Lisa

• greensingh
    15 years ago

Great mix of seeds, great swap, very efficiently done. Thanks Willy.

• muttilili
    15 years ago

Thank you Willy. Got my seeds today. Great!

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today! Thanks so much for all your hard work Willie. Loved my selection.

Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• Jillberto
    15 years ago

Thank you so much. We just got our seeds and are loving the selection we received. We are looking forward to getting some of these growing right away.

Jill

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Just got my seeds!!! Thanks so much for the great assortment and I look forward to the next one!!!

Monica

• wisteria54
    15 years ago

thanks so much i was delighted with the choice of seeds i received, will do again next year.

• isamae
    15 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday-thank you! Thanks for hosting this swap! Isamae

• rbrady
    15 years ago

I received my seeds in the mail today, I can not believe you had them done so fast. Thank you so much for hosting this swap!

Rhonda

• etravia
    15 years ago

My seeds came in yesterday. What a great selection! Thank you Willie!
    Maggie

• greenhousems
    15 years ago

I received my seed package yesterday and was just overwhelmed at the selection and amount of seeds. Thank you to everyone and to Willy for your hard work in putting this together. I can't wait for the next swap and have started gathering new seeds to send.
    Happy sowing to all!

Rosaleen
    Greenhousems

• ramazz
    15 years ago

I received my seeds on Friday. Thanks, Willy, for a great swap.

Becky

• irislover_nc
    15 years ago

I got mine too! Everything looks great and it was run so smoothly. Thanks all!

Meredith

• drippy
    15 years ago

Willy, THANK YOU!! for the fabulous seed package I received today. Just when I think I have it all - you come up with wonderful, new and different things. This was a ton of fun; I'm looking forward to the Fall Spectacular - I will have some new goodies for you as more seeds are ripening here.

I love the start you gave me on my southern garden!

Thanks again,

Kim

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today!
    Thanks to all,
    Alana

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

I recieve my seeds this weekend. Thanks so much for such a great variety of seeds! Can't wait to get together the fall swap seeds! Christy

• suecirish
    15 years ago

My seeds were received Friday. Thank you all so much for a fantastic mix of seeds. And thanks especially to Willy for a great job managing it all.
    Sue

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I got my seeds
    thank you, thank you, thank you,
    to our host and everyone that sent in seeds
    happy gardening everyone
    michelle

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Got my seeds today!

The things I got back are great. :) I'm VERY impressed with how well Willy matched my wants to the seeds he sent me. :)

A huge Mahalo (Hawaiian Thank You) to Willy and all participants, who made this amazing swap possible.

• evonnestoryteller
    15 years ago

I got my seeds too! Thanks so much! I enjoy trying new things.

• karendee
    15 years ago

I got mine too.... thanks they were great.
    I had a great time looking the ones up that I didn't know about before.

thanks so much!!!
    Karen

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Received my seeds thanks for taking the time to do this swap!

:) Fran

• shadyside
    15 years ago

Thanks Willie for all the effort you put into the seed swap. And thanks everyone for my seeds...I can't wait!

• lilyloverlynn
    15 years ago

My seeds were delayed in the mail so I re-mailed them as soon as I could, which was past the deadline, and Willy said it wasn't a problem. Shortly thereafter, I received an envelope stuffed with many wonderful, different kinds of seeds. Thanks again for all the work you put into this Willy.

The way did your swap was very nice, and many people seemed to have liked it, and I would like to host a swap similar to this one but for ornamental (indian) corn, gourds/squashes, pumpkin seeds, and any other seeds that can be grown and used for Fall decorations next year.

Thanks again for the wonderful seeds and inspiration, Willy.

~LilyLoverLynn~

• jtracy
    15 years ago

Thanks to all who participated for the great variety of seeds and thanks to Willy for the organization and quick turnaround.