Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

UPDATE: 8800 Traveling Daylilies!

mamabirrd
17 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one of more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

The cooler air is blowing in and Fall is just about upon us. It's time to enjoy pumpkins, Chrysanthemums, planting bulbs, and the changing leaves. Soon it will be time to put our gardens to rest.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Comments (102)

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I need to make a quick change to the 9000th POST SWAP...

An email from Anita got lost in the shuffle somewhere...she wanted in on the swap so i'm going to add her......

NEW PARTNER LIST:

Dawn sends to Anita
    Anita sends to Shirley
    Cody sends to Marea
    Shirley sends to Mary S.
    Marea sends to Mary Ellen
    Mary S. sends to Carol
    Mary Ellen sends to Gloria
    Carol sends to Mary B.
    Bambi sends to Jo
    Jo sends to Cody
    Mary B. sends to Dawn
    Gloria sends to Bambi

Hope that works! Thanks for letting me know Anita and sorry I missed your email. : )

Well, we finished up readying the footer by the light of the Bobcat last night. : ) I was being careful not to stumble into a hole and DH kept yelling, "don't trip over the dang string!" Now this will be our first "real" inspection at 9am, so i'm praying it goes well. Otherwise my DH will be steamin' mad. 2 years ago we could have built a house w/ no inspections at all, but the PA Codes have changed and it's quite a project now. Fortunately, we live in a township that allows you to pick your own, so I think ours is a really nice guy. I just hope whoever he is sending out this morning is nice.

Wish us luck!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• veeja11
    17 years ago

could someone please send me mary B's questionaire. I seem to have lost the whole pile of them. hope your inspection went well dawn. Mary B what is your # 1 wish, still digging and dividing days, found mildred mitchell today, getting quite the pot ghetto. hugs carol

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    Dawn, WOW, great progress on the house! How did the inspection go yesterday morning? That's great that it will be up and sealed before it turns really cold so that you are able to work all winter. You'll really be able to accomplish alot inside through the winter months. Thanks for sharing pictures.

Cindy, aaaawwwww, look at the face on that Miss Ellie, how could you be mad at her, even if you are undergarmentless. I'll bet it was just that other dog, Daisy that was the troublemaker. I know all about peer pressure when your dog gets around others.

Jo and Jean, how are the hubby's doing? Driving you nuts yet? Any baby news yet, Jo?

Shirley, did you get my email?

Sherri, how's school going? I totally agree with you that Cindy is about the biggest troublemaker here, posting all those pictures and always making us want more, more, more.

Sharon, what a nice thing for your daughter to get nomination even if she wasn't chosen. You must be very proud of her. What control you are using in choosing your seed crosses and keeping it to 9. I do not even want to tell you how many I have put away already. There's no way I can possibly plant them all so will be having to give some away this winter.

Paul, hope everyone is feeling well at your house.

Gloria, how many more days till the wedding. It's this weekend, right?

Debbie, Dianne and Canna, please come back to us - we miss you guys!

Karen, any news on the plant contract?

Time to start the day!
    MaryB

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

MaryB-No I didn't get your e-mail. I don't get e-mails through gardenweb. They just want come through. E-mail me at flowerlover1@verizon.net.

Dawn-Wow everything is coming together. Hope the inspector passed everything. It's so neat seeing all this take form.

Sharon-I will put your name on daylily King Kahuna. It is still blooming its little FAN off. I've never had a daylily like it before. Hope nothing happens to it. I really like it.

Cindy-Should we send (UNDERGARMENTS) to get Ellie out of trouble? Hope you get some days off soon.

Shirley

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Traveling Daylilies!

Yay! Yesterday is over and I have good news to report....

Our inspector came and checked everything out first thing in the morning and said it looked great. It was so easy and he was a very nice man. If the rest of our inspections go that easy, it will be a stick of gum. : ) DH was sooooooo extremely relieved that part was over.

Then, for the really hard part....the first of two concrete trucks arrived at 2pm. Here are the fella's waiting for the first bucket full......

The men worked so hard.....this was not an easy job to complete. Much of our footer was unaccessable and the concrete had to be moved from truck to Bobcat, then from the Bobcat into wheelbarrow, then into the footer. Only the very last of it was pumped in straight from the truck. It took about 4 hours. Not to mention the leveling and troweling that needed done.

Here is DH after it was all said and done...starting to remove the forms...

What a day! DH was just elated by the time we got home last night and just so happy to have that part behind us.

Block are going to be delivered probably tomorrow or Friday and we'll start laying them right away.

Cindy, Ellie is so sweet. Looks like a happy dog. : )

Paul, are you better yet? We have something terrible going around on our crew. My DH hasn't got it yet, but one employee called off today. He sounded absolutely terrible. It's like a cold & flu mixed with a fever. Yuck. Hope it stays away.

Karen, any updates on the Dat? I'm anxiously waiting. Wish there was something more I could do to help.

Marea, it's gotta' be getting close, huh? Moving day, that is. : )
    How wonderful to celebrate 30 years together. Here's to 30 more!

Canna, where are you?? We miss you. Would love to hear about what's been going on with you, your family, & gardens.

G., I know your head is probably spinning right now with last minute wedding details, but just relax and have the most wonderful day. And please....we need pictures. : )

Bambi, glad the tree missed the house. Any takers on the free wood, lol?
    We have alot of trees that are kinda' close to our new house, but once the construction is complete and we have more time we will begin thinning them out. We'll keep the ones that seem the sturdiest.

Carol, we need to see pics of all the visors that have been so talked about. : ) And now i'm hungry for english muffins w/ blackberry jam. Blackberry is my favorite and we used to pick tons of them when I was a kid. My mom would send us out with buckets and she'd make the most delicious jelly. Of course we ate half of what we picked on the way home. : )

My mom used to do tons of canning....tomato sauce....pickled carrots.....dill pickles. I sure miss that stuff...it was really good. I...

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Dawn, it is so neat watching you put that all together. I can't imagine how sore all of you must be.
    I didn't do any canning this year either, my grandma is the canner in the family and she hasn't been well for a while so she wasn't up to it. Plus we did so much canning last year that I still have my shelves full. But I really enjoyed doing it last year.

Cindy, now you don't really think we would believe that beautiful sweet and innocent looking Ellie would do that to your things do you?:)

Viruses sure are coming early this year. Hope everyone who was sick is better.

Sharon, you mean you are only planting nine seeds total. Now that is control. Thought you meant crosses not seeds.
    Sounds like you picked some good ones. Can't wait to see some pics.:)
    Sounds like you raised quite a girl. She is a good sport to be glad for the others and not upset about herself.

Mary, I haven't gotten my passwords yet to get started. While they were waiting for the first check to go through, I decided to upgrade my classes so now i have to wait until the next check clears. Hopefully today. I am ready to get it started and over with.:)Sherri

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Shirley - I started choking on my coffee this morning when reading your passage - Cindy-Should we send (UNDERGARMENTS) to get Ellie out of trouble?
    I think that is a great idea ...
    CINDY, what size should we send you??? LOL
    Thanks for the offer of the King Kahuna. Yikes, does this mean I'm actually going to have to start my 'Hawaiian' Daylily Garden? It would be a nice tribute to my M-I-L. We will have to come up with a trade next spring.

Dawn, just love all the pictures and explainations ... I appreciate all the time you take to tell us all about it. I find it very interesting and that kind of surprises me.

Sherri, you will have to let us know what seeds you end up planting. I really am running out of room, hence only 9 seeds for me. Hubby has now changed his mind again about staying here for the next 15 years, he wants to stay for only 3 more and so he doesn't want me to dig up any more yard. That is really a good thing since IF we move he has promised it will be at least one acre if not more. I'm so clausterphobic living in the suburbs ... it seems to have gotten worse as I get older. Thank god my neighbors hardly ever go out into their yards. They tell me they like to look out their windows at my garden. LOL

Pretty funny that hubby told me this after I put in the new Hosta Garden and the Hummingbird/Butterfly garden. So if we move I will have to move all of those plants. Hmmmm, maybe I will appreciate all the work some of you have had to do when you moved.

Mary B, always nice to hear from you.

Well, have to go take Dad to a Drs. appt. He was doing badly there for a while, but has made another come back.

Sharon

• mareas
    17 years ago

Hi everybody! Thanks for all the good wishes on my anniversary. All Herb & I really had to say about it was "wow - we've been together more than 1/2 of our lives!" lol

Paul, thanks for plumeria info! And hope ya'll are all well already!

Sharon - how wonderful your Dad is such a fighter! Made me so happy to hear he's doing better. My congratulations on your DD's nomination, too! And omigawd your list of seed pedigrees is delicious! I had fun looking them all up... But how could you have lived three whole years without those 2 new gardens? I think it's so worth the trouble. And i so understand your claustrophobia - i could see into 4 living rooms from my old front porch & was surrounded by like 22000 people, most of whom either drove or walked by everyday... Haven't rented new place yet, but even at our office/warehouse there are no neighbors & much less traffic, an oasis of an acre with chain link fence a few miles out in the country from town.

Ellie dog does look too darn sweet to shred stuff! I felt bad laughing at your tragedy, Cindy, but when you put it that way... I was lucky & lost only one pair of shoes & an entire couch to my ol' Ridgeback's puppyhood.

THANK YOU ALL for posting your photos!! 'Chippewa Bride' is just an Autumn delight, MaryS! I thought 'Unique Style' was my last flower, but now a confused & brave 'Crystal Blue Persuasion' has a scape - it''s a new plant this year - here's hoping Frost holds off for all of us, especially Karen!

Dawn - wow, your house is coming along VERY fast, just in case you can't tell since you're in such a hurry. Congrats to your DH on that inspection w/flying colors - that ain't easy, i know. I wish i still had my canner, i would do up some spiced pears - they sound so good. My food crop consisted of one tomato plant this year - but hope to get "back to basics" next Spring.

Off to read Mary Ellen's wish list to think of 9 fine things & waiting with baited breath for G's photos of the wedding ~m'

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone! Burrr, definetily getting colder!

A have a 'Bulb' Question.
    I bought some Lily bulbs from Angie this spring. I planted them in 3 large containers next to our backdoor so we could smell their scent. They were so beautiful and smelled so nice that I would love to have the same arrangement next year.
    The question is ... will they survive over my winter (-10 degrees, zone 5/6) in the planters?
    I'm really not looking forward to having to find a place in the garden to overwinter them ... but I sure do want to lose ANY of them.
    Any suggestions?

Shirley, our subdivision is have a garage sale today ... Clean the house or Garage Sailing ... you know what I will be doing. LOL

Sharon

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Sharon-I had some of my new ordered bulbs in containers and I got worried so I planted them. I could not afford to lose them and Mother Nature takes care of them so well if they are in the ground. Maybe you could try to put them close to the side of your house on the warmest side you have. Oh my goodness I wish I lived close to you and I would go to the yard sales with you. I went to Atlanta, Ga. last week-end to yard sales and found two big sub-divisions that were having them. Boy did we luck up. I hope to go back next week-end. They will be over soon so trying to go here at the end.

Shirley

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Morning all,
    I only have a minute, on my way to take care of my lady.

Sharon,
    I have caught your flu, dang it! (smiles)Sneezes,runny nose, body aches, massive sore throat.
    I managed to get out of work at the store, but my lady has no one to be with her all day, so I have to go there. Lots of cold medicine, wash hands every few minutes, and carrying hand sanitizer in my pocket. And saying prayers she doesn't catch it.
    On the bulbs, just sink the whole pot in the ground up to the rim, throw some leaves or mulch over it, in the spring pull it out, hose it off and you are good to go. I have done it with plants, shrubs, trees and bulbs, works like a charm. I keep a small holding bed just for things like that, cause I don't always have a spot ready when I get things.

Well, off I go.
    Have a great day all,
    big hugs,
    Jo

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello friends, where the heck are ya'?

Sure has been quiet around here....don't forget, we're trying to reach 9000 posts, LOL.

I was just telling Deni how sad I am.....had to turn on the furnace today. : ( Summer is over and it's time to bundle up. Very cold here today w/ rain and gloom. I think it's supposed to improve over the next few days. Tuesday they are calling for like 76! Yay! Indian summer!

Shirley & Sharon, I love yard/garage/tag sales but hardly get the chance to go. I especially love to go to estate sales. A few months back I went to an estate sale at a local, old farm and got some great deals. I got a big, cast iron kettle for like 10 bucks. Can barely pick the thing up. It's one of the ones for outside. And I bought a very old china closet for $25. It needs work, but I know I can fix it up. Very primitive with the original glass. DH and my Dad both laughed at me when they saw it. They also had several old wooden boxes full of terra cotta pots with a FREE sign on them. You bet I took them all!

I am planning on having a moving/yard sale sometime in Oct. I really need to downsize. I've never had one before cause i'm such a packrat, lol.

Marea, your food crop was bigger than mine, lol. I just snuck over to my Dad's garden and stole a few bags of tomatoes. He knew we would be too busy this year so he planted extra. "Back to basics", that sounds good. I was watching Victory Garden on PBS today and they had the most beautiful fall garden filled with radishes, leeks, etc.

I have big dreams of the most wonderful veggie garden at my new place. I'd like to fence it in and fill it with raised beds and nice pea gravel pathways. I know it won't happen next year, but I can dream, can't I?

Sharon, I really appreciate what you said. That was so nice. I'm glad you find it interesting. I am hoping that I don't bore anyone. I guess i'm so amazed that we are actually doing this and need to share it with my pals. It is a real learning experience.

Speaking of the house, I ordered our brick on Friday. They will be arriving by the 2nd week in October. All 20,000 of them. I am really excited about that. I think they will look really nice. They are a cross between grey and a tan-ish color with specks of white here and there. They are a tumbled brick with rough, mangled up edges. I was hoping they would have a rustic, older feel. I had a vision of what I was hoping to find, color and texture wise, and these were exactly it. Actually, out of the thousands of brick samples I looked at they were the only ones that came close to the color.

We also ordered our block and the trucks are coming Monday morning to deliver. DH is a little backed up at work, so they will be starting to lay them on Tuesday now.

I am trying to finish up the window and door order so we can get it put in soon. What a project! And so dang expensive.

Jo, hope you're feeling better. Thought my...

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Jo, you didn't get the flu from me ... we both got it from Paul!!! Seriously, hope you are feeling better!
    Sure wish I had room to sink pots. Guess I will just dig some holes ... somewhere and temporaily plant the lily bulbs and dig them up next spring.

Dawn, That is a lot of bricks! Sorry, I'm no help for your hosta question.

Garage sailing - well, I got a plastic outside rocking chair and a comforter (in perfect condition) for the Cottage. A nice glass jar to use as a vase. And don't laugh ... some cans of Glade to put in the bathrooms at work ... seems like lots of employees from around the hospital like to use the laboratory bathrooms for ummm .... #2. The hospital doesn't spluge for things like freshener in the employee bathrooms ...
    I mostly look for things for the cottage at the Garage Sales.

I NEED some daylily talk ... I've been to the Stamiles site and Ooooh, they have some of their 2007's posted.
    I'm thinking I would like another Late Season Daylily and Last Snowflake sounds interesting ... I would love to cross Last Snowflake and Firewall... I'm dreaming again.

Got to go to bed. Daughter is at the Homecoming Dance, but Hubby will wait up for her.

Sharon

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

I'm telling you our TDL group has almost faded out. Where is everybody? Dawn, Sharon & I have been carrying on a three way converstaion with Jo and Marea stopping by. I don't think we are going to get to our 9000 post anytime soon. I do hope everyone is ok. We know where Gloria is today?

MaryB-I will e-mail you and see if that works. Still nothing from you.

Sharon, Dawn -Way to go on those yard sales. My great deal last week-end was this huge stainless steel sink that goes outdoors. I have wanted one forever and found it. I can now wash all my plants for shipping and mix and store stuff on the shelves underneath. It was just luck that we took the truck because I could not have gotten it in my Blazer. Now I don't have to wash my plants in a bucket. I'm going back to Atlanta, Ga next week-end for more yard sales. It will be the last time this year.

Jo-Hope you DH is still doing well. I know you take good care of him.

Shirley

• User
    17 years ago

Hi, Shirley,
    I'm here! I read the postings every day and keep up with everyone's busy lives. Guess I should post and make my presence known.
    Has everyone else put their gardens to sleep yet? I've been cutting down the perennials and covering beds with loose shredded leaf mulch.

Having a next-door neighbor who's a landscaper is soooo convenient. And he's a young, strapping guy who doesn't flinch when I casually ask him to bring me home 2 garbage cans of black mulch next time he goes to his supplier. Next day they're here and if he has time he asks where I want it spread.

The other day he asked if I minded if he spread his beds onto our side of the yard that butts up to his, between the two driveways. Hmmmm, let's think about this. 26 years of useless lawn replaced with rock walls and garden beds? How about that for a no-brainer.

Dawn, I love watching the progress you're making on the house. I hope you're making a scrapbook for posterity. My kids always liked seeing pictures of our house when we first bought it.

You guys are doing great at garage and estate sales. I can't think about bringing another thing into the house till I finish cleaning up and OUT.

Talk soon,
    Dianne

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Hi Dianne,
    So good to see you post. We kinda forget about you if you don't post real often. I have been putting my beds to rest also. Got lots more to go. I guess it's good we have a rest period with gardening. I want to do alot of scrapbooking this Winter. I have all this material bought up but never have used it. Have tons of pictures to go through.

Sharon-Homecoming Dance wow they do grow up fast. My GD almost made the court this year. Maybe next year she will make it.

Shirley

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Whew, the baby shower is over, and it was a blast.
    My house is on the small side, so with 21 people in it, it was a bit cramped. But, she got some wonderful gifts, and it was such fun.

Also, I told her last week that she had dropped, and this morning she passed the mucous plug,(sorry guys) so it will be any time now. She is going to go early, her due date was Oct 27. But, it will be no later than the end of the week, and I feel it will be in the next day or so. She is having some mild contractions, could be braxton hicks, but maybe not.
    So, we are very excited. Soon we will have a new little one in the house. We can hardly wait.

I will try to stop by more often. It has just been so crazy this year.

Shirley,
    and everyone, thank you for your kind thoughts.

Now,

Carol,
    ANOTHER BIG THANK YOU. I got a package friday with a variegated abutilon. Thank you so very much. big hugs.

JEAN,
    thank you as well, dear, dear Jean. She sent me a wonderful box of goodies, as the second part of Deni's fall swap.
    What she sent me;
    TULIPS,
    Ollioules
    Orange princess
    Cudoshnik?
    Menton

DAYLILY;
    Daveo Holman
    Cranberry baby

Sib. Iris;
    Maranatha

PERENNIALS;
    Heucherella-Burnished Bronze
    Ranunculus-buttered popcorn
    Red start

OTHER ITEMS;
    a beautioful flower bookmark
    yankee candle car air freshener-country linen (mmmmmmmm)

Thank you so much Jean, it means so much that you chose me.The friendships I have found here mean so very much to me (and to everyone, I know) It is so heartwarming to be the recipient of an unexpected box like this. There are so many of you that I wanted to send little things to this year, but finances being what they are I just was unable to. (NEXT YEAR) thank you again.Big, big warm hugs.

Dianne,
    SO GREAT to see you posting. What day is your Oktober Fest? Please post a picture,that way we can fel like we attended(big smiles)

Well, off to get some more done for our new little one, I will keep you all posted.
    hugs to all,
    Jo

• blacktulip_wi
    17 years ago

Evening everyone,

Sorry for not posting for awhile, but I'm still cleaning up the mess from that @#$@% tree! I've got all kinds of things to do outside before the season is over and I'm wasting all of my time dragging branches and debris over to the burnpit. Finally found someone who will haul the huge trunk away for free...the owner of the local hardware store has a wood burning stove and says that he'll come and get it. Soon I hope.

Sherri - Apache War Dance bloomed for me this week. Thanks for sending such a great late-blooming daylily. It's a keeper!

Jo - I hope that your DH is feeling better and that you are over the flu. I'm sending your swap box out early this week - hope you like it. :)

Hi Jean - Thanks for the welcome. How are is everything over in your part of WI?

Shirley - I don't go to yard-sales as the houses in my area are pretty far apart but I love going to antique shows, antique malls and flea markets. Do you collect anything? Back when I had a better paying job and more money to spend, I used to collect antique colored glass (vases, creamers, rose bowls etc.) which was fun because the dealers often didn't realize what valuble pieces they had and would sell them for far less than what they were worth.

Cindy - Love the picture of Florida Snow Angel...now that's the kind of bonus plant I would like to receive. When I get a bonus plant from a commercial grower, it usually turns out to be something I already have.

Dawn - Very interesting house/construction pictures. Your land looks really beautiful in the picture with the white oak tree. How large is your property? Are you going to put in all kinds of different garden beds besides the hosta one?

Everyone have a good night,
    Bambi

• User
    17 years ago

I did the laundry yesterday and could not squeeze even 1/2 inch of space to put DHs 2 shirts in his closet. So I asked him to go through everything hanging and honestly say if each item he'd ever wear, could fit into, was too large, or was just hopelessly out of style. There were things in there from before we were married!

9 shirts and 3 pair of pants went into the garbage. I Freecycled (get ready) 38 shirts, 10 pants, 4 belts and 7 ties.

Small accomplishment? Maybe, but what a relief to open the closet and have room to hang the laundry.

My mini-rant and tiny victory for the day.
    Dianne

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Dianne, so glad to see you posting again. Hope you are out of your 'low'. I am ever so slowly putting the garden to sleep, it keeps raining soooo much it is hard to. Yesterday I managed to put those lily bulbs into some holes in the ground ... harder than I thought ... they still had TONS of roots, so I had to dig the holes larger than I thought.
    Last year I cleared and cleaned the garden at the end of Sept. and Hubby thought that was too early. So I promised I would wait till Oct. this year. I believe our first frost date is 10/9 ... I want to have everything done except for the Cannas and Dahlias b/f the first frost ... so I will be out there again today if possible, but it is supposed to rain!
    What is your Oktober Fest about?
    You sure have a nice neighbor! One question though, who takes care of that new garden?

Dawn, I finally brought in my black/blue salvia. Hubby isn't too crazy about it. He thinks it smells like catnit ... I hope the cats don't think so!

Jo, very nice box you received from Jean. You deserve it!

Shirley, for our schools, only the senior girls can make the homecoming court. I wish your GD all the luck in the world. Meg had a very nice time at homecoming. She doesn't date much and has always gone Dutch (even Prom), so she was tickled pink when this date insisted that he pay. We don't live in a 'rich' area, so for him to spring for Red Lobster was a lot of money. They went bowling after.

Bambi, zone 4, burrr, must be getting cold and pretty there. You do need to get your garden to bed. So you are a glass collector ... I collected old buttons for several years.

Jo, I just heard from someone that once the mucus plug goes, you have the baby w/in the week. Never had heard that one before. So, you are probably right about her having that baby early. ANOTHER BABY how exciting!
    Glad the baby shower was a success.

Sharon

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Hi Bambi, glad to see ya. Theres actually a story behind that plant. When I went to Cindy's for the first time with my hubby in tow he chose that flower at her house and said "now I like that" (he hates daylilies)so Cindy sent some my way the following spring. He thought it was great that it even had a manly name. Well believe it or not, he chose that flower as one he liked the most out of my garden this year having no idea that it was the same one he picked two years ago. Next year when that blooms, pluck one of the flowers and you will not believe how heavy it is.

Hi Diane, are you feeling better????? I have been slowing trying to get mine to sleep but I have spent years trying to get late blooming things going and this year has been phenomenal. Still tons of buds and blooms out there. Still need to mulch a few tender spots.

Wow, all these extra "just because" boxes are awesome. Some pretty awesome people in here.:)

Mary, I finally started school on friday and so far so good but you know they always start out easy.:) Sherri

• namso
    17 years ago

Good Morning all,

Oh you all got me laughing on my lack of undergarments...too funny. the other day i got the AHS quarterly journal in my mailbox, upside down. sitting there starting at me was HER BEST BLOOMERS. lol, maybe i should put that one on my want list...as really need!

And MaryB, Id sure like to blame that one on Daisy, but it was the sweet dog in the pic who im sure started that rampage. lol better than a couch Marea.
    but Ellie is forgiven :). Sharon, she is a boxer/shep mix pound puppy. Way too enegetic, but i have a feeling she'll be a good dog in another year or three. is very good with children, just hard headed and stubborn with me.

More nice special boxes! Carol/Mellon...ummm the jam sounds so go. and wtg Jean/Jo.

Dawn, love the construction pics. cant wait to see the brick...it sounds so nice. :)

Jo - ooh a new baby. keep us posted! hope you feel better soon.

Dianne - nice to see you posting.

Shirley, trying to stop in when i can. heres a pic...love this double. got in a trade i think.
    Spotted Fever
    {{gwi:2104167}}

Sherri, think we might have picked this up shopping? sure looks like one youd pick lol.
    Starmans Quest
    {{gwi:2104168}}

Sharon, will be back to talk Stamiles :). and seeds. Out of time, running to work.

Cindy

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Monday everyone!

It is now safe to speak about the top secret news.....MIL knows!

Let me tell ya', she was sooooo surprised. When she opened the package with the Grandma shirt inside, she was totally confused for a second. Then she looks at me and says, "Is this a hint???" DH and I started to laugh and before we could say anything she started crying. She was overwhelmed and it was a really nice moment.

Sharon, good luck with the 'Black & Blue'. I'm going to keep mine in a very cool, barely heated GH and see how it does. Hopefully it will make it another year.

Dianne, so wonderful to have you back posting. The email you sent to me was just beautiful and your words mean alot. HUGS
    Sounds like you are busy. And what a nice guy next door! How nice that he wants to put in more beds along the property line. Better than junk cars or a scrap heap like my neighbor has. : ) That's one thing about my new neighbors....although they aren't really close, they have a picture perfect yard w/ no junk at all. They have bee hives right at the property line which I find really cool. A whole colony of pollinators right next door!
    Good job on the Freecycling! I am in the process of sorting clothes too. It's such a good feeling.
    I will be making a scrapbook and, as you know, have been taking LOTS of pictures.

Sherri, good luck with school! Keep us updated.

Jo, glad the shower went well. : ) Oh boy! Sounds like DD is well on her way to becoming a new mom any day now. I'm anxiously awaiting any details you can give.

Bambi, we have 13.9 acres. I haven't officially measured yet, but it looks like approx. 5 acres is open field and the rest is wooded. I have 2 large holding beds already filled with various plants, the Hosta beds, a new Iris/Daylily bed, and plenty more on the way. The entire property will be landscaped by the time i'm done, lol. I still have quite a few plants to be moved from here to there, but will continue most of that in the Spring.
    I have a bunch of potted things I took over there during the course of the summer and need to get them in the ground. I'm hoping to get the grass cut today, then work on shaping a very large, mounded bed along the driveway so I can get those things planted.
    I'd also like to start to prepare an area for veggies so I have a head start in the Spring. Not sure how much I will be able to do by then and i'd like it to be close to ready so I can get some seeds planted. I can't go another Summer without veggies. : )

Well, time to get ready to go. I will be spending most of the day over there. Block trucks are coming at various times starting at 10am and I need to be around to show them where to put eveything. DH drew me a map. : )...

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just wanted to say HI to Cindy!! That 'Spotted Fever' is so awesome! I LOVE it! Thanks for the pics. : )
    I can't wait for the brick to arrive too. Being that DH is a Mason makes it very difficult to pick out brick. He knows which ones make a nice job or which ones are difficult to lay, etc. I think I got lucky when I picked these and he liked them right away. Whew! I had figured it would take us months to agree on something we both liked.
    Have a nice day at work!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi All,

Dawn,
    That is so awesome that your MIL is happy. Another big Congrats. We can e-mail about baby details. (smile)

(((Cindy))),
    Soooooo happy to see you posting. I LOVE that spotted fever, and I am not a huge fan of doubles, but that one is gorgeous. Starmans quest is awesome too.

Dianne,
    WTG on the freecycling. I have been doing the same thing. It feels soooooooooooooo good to get all that junk out of the house. I am so glad yopu are feeling better, and are able to join in again. big hugs.

Sharon,
    thank you for telling me who to blame for my "flu" (big grins) And thanks too for the tidbit of info on how soon DD is gonna go. She is sooooooooo ready. The baby has dropped even more since yesterday. She is now waddling to the bathroom nearly every hour. Very uncomfortable right now. She is having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions as well. So, I feel she will be going "very" soon.

Sherri,
    Great to see you posting. Glad you stayed with us. We need you. (smiles)

Hi Bambi,
    Sorry I didn't reply to your e-mail. (I apologise very sincerely) Just so dang busy this past weewk, I think I am gonna meet myself coming in the door at some point.

Barb,
    Glad you are back with us, so happy you had a great time. Big hugs.

Well, time to go take care of my sweet little ole' lady.
    She is such a sweetie. Taking her one of the homemade sugar cookies I made for DD shower. We frosted them in pink and blue. I made little "babies in blankets" pins and tied them to the cookies with the ribbon Dear Dawn sent me.
    I know she will love it. She has a major sweet tooth.

Take care all,
    big warm hugs on this gorgeous fall day.
    Jo

• pchanggeo
    17 years ago

While looking for Fall Swap material, I got this idea. How about a
    SECRET SANTA EXCHANGE?color>

The Rules:
    1. Sign up by October 21.
    2. Participants will be sent a name to send to.
    3. Send a box of whatever represents you and your partner... anything goes. Must send by December 1.
    4. Everyone receiving a box is required to post or email the contents (and a photo if possible) without saying who the box is from.
    5. After everyone receives and posts about what they got, all the participants guess who sent to who. Guesses need to be received by December 15.
    6. The one that gets the most correct answers gets the Traveling Daylilies Trophy.

Who wants to play???

Thanks,
    Paul

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi Again everyone,

I AM HERE WITH A REQUEST, FOR ANITA/NYVOICES

She really needs everyones prayers. Her DH goes tomorrow for biopsies. He has several moles that need to be tested.
    So please say a prayer(s) for them. She is very worried and scared, and it would mean a lot to her.
    thanks everyone.

I will keep everyone posted.
    have a great night.
    hugs,
    Jo

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Ok ENOUGH ALREADY !!!! NO MORE SICK TDL'S OR TDL LOVED ONES.Enough bad luck for this year. Everyone BEE WELL!!!PLEASE.Mary B I can't seem to get your questionaire so I will guess, who in the heck collects lighthouses?Big hugs to Anitas hubby and prayers. I was a landscaper in the arizona sun for years young so didn't use hat or sun screen, so moles scare me. hugs carol

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Paul-Sounds like fun. I will play.

Hugs and prayers for these:
    Jo's DH
    Jean's DH
    Anita's DH
    Carmen
    Lisa
    Love you guys and hoping sunshine and better days soon.

Karen-How did your speech to the garden club go? I know you did great. I love collecting seeds.

Bambi-Yes I do collect several things but they are very hard to find at yard sales. 1) Precious Moments (Love these) 2) Greatest stories ever told (Figurines from Home interior). I have lucked up and found them but not often.

Dianne-I need to clean out closets too. Hope to do that this winter.

Sharon-My GD is a Junior but they let Freshman and Sophmores along with the Juniors and Seniors run for Homecoming Queen. Only the Athletes get to vote though. Each school is different. I was a judge for one school to pick their Homecoming Queen and King. I thought that was not right but that is the way they did it.

Cindy-I got spotted fever in a trade also. Just love it hope mine blooms next year. Love that Starmans Quest too.

I just had two moles removed also. One place looks good but the place on my side doesn't look too good and it is so sore. If it doesn't look better in another day or two I'm going to call the doctor and have him look at it.

Shirley

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

We took the diabetic calico cat (aged 15) to be boarded at the vet, took the finches next door, planted everything large enough to plant and brought in everything too tender to risk frost, put the automatic feeder on the aquarium, filled the horse trough to the brim and the other cats' bowls likewise, packed the van, climbed aboard with 3 dogs and set off towards Minnesota!

I just love a road trip! I stayed up late the night before we left to bake cookies and fiddle with house plants. I had some kniting for baby - a sweater, a soft white fluffy hooded sleeper and a duck hat with orange bill and orange webbed duck foot booties to go with! Figured baby could Trick or Treat as a duck! But MIL had already beat me to it with a pumpkin outfit.

Beautiful weather, and the gardens (!)all over the city in Minneapolis! Just a wonderful tangle of blooms everywhere, allyssum in the sidewalk cracks, roses in the schoolyards, all of it under the enormous elms that still shade much of the houses. They have a law that if your elm gets Dutch Elm, down it comes at once - city pays if it's on the city's land, homeowner otherwise. HUGE graceful trees! I think the trunk of the one in DD's yard is 5' across!

Their house was built in 1912, and the enormous fir behind, with its hanging strands of needles, and that elm must be as old or more.

Baby had a cold, and then everyone but me came down with it, too. DD's #2 and 4 came too - it was anniversary #2 for J&A - we hadn't seen DD #1 for a year.

Sara took wonderful photos - I'll share some when I get them - and baby stood and wobbled and almost walked! First tooth last Wed.!

We all went out to dinner a couple of times.

We dug me some plants blooming everywhere of what I kept thinking might be Chinese foxglove - Rehmannia - but it turns out that's tender, so that's not it. I gathered seed as well. Now to figure out what it is...

We had such a great get together! Boy am I glad to be home, too. I didn't get outside today - resting up and besides it's cold! Can't wait til tomorrow to see what all the plants have been up to.

Every plant and beast is fine, it looks like.

Except the Gaillardia I moved from the sunny bed to a big tub planter on the deck. Groundhog waddled all over them as he ate off all the blooms and buds, and knocked down the Talinum, too. On the deck! Cheeky beast.

Catching up with everybody - kindest thoughts to all with troubles, congrats to those with triumphs, kudos to Paul for yet another good idea ...

and that double daylily Cindy has is soooooooooooooooooooooo nice!

Barb

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of Sara's pix of GD Marie

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Hi everyone, only have a minute and couldn't pass up the opportunity to use it to congratulate Dawn. I am so happy for you. Congratulations and may you have a wonderful pregnancy.:) Sherri

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Morning!

Sherri, thanks a whole big bunch. : ) That means alot.
    I found something that I want to show you, but lost it, LOL. I'm searching the internet to try and find it again.

Carol, I think it's Canna that collects lighthouses. And I searched everywhere for my Mary B. questionnaire and just found it. I have a hard copy in my file cabinet. : ) I'll email it to you in a sec.

Barb, what a great story....so fun to listen to your travelogue. That darned groundhog just couldn't wait to see you pull out of the driveway, lol. Hope the family is over the colds...my DH had it bad and now it's worse. That B/W pic of Marie in the chair is amazing. DD sure is talented. Have fun in the gardens today. : )

Paul, great idea. Count me in too. I love Secret Santa!

To everyone, I seem to recall someone mentioning doing an update to our member's address list. If it hasn't been done yet, I would gladly volunteer to do so. I received a request for a few address', including Bambi's, from our dearest, sweetest Anita and told her i'd try to get it to her. If someone already has this info., could you email it to me & Anita? Otherwise, i'll send out a group email and get us all updated. Thanks!

Yesterday morning was so chaotic! I had three block trucks scheduled to arrive at different times during the day. Boy was I surprised when all three of them barrelled up the driveway at 10am! It was mass confusion. To make things even more fun, my DH had drawn a "map" of where each different thing needed to go. It took about 2 hours to get everything unloaded into the correct spots.

DH & crew arrived shortly after lunch time and got started laying the block. How fun it is to see my house rising out of the ground. I took pics, but there isn't much to see yet. They did the drop (which is all underground). By the end of today I should have some better pics.

I'm trying to get some cleaning done around here this morning and will go over there this afternoon. Hoping to get a Concord Grape planted and possibly a few other things. We are expecting a really nice day. I got all the grass cut yesterday, so today I can play. : )

I'm still fighting morning sickness. It's with me 24/7, but i'm hanging in there. Unfortunately, the only thing I want to eat is pumpkin roll and salt & vinegar potato chips with an occasional popsicle or peach. Ugh.

Hope you have a great Tuesday!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, i've sent out a group email so we can get an updated member list completed. I know there are a few new members that may not receive the email......I don't have your address.

If you don't receive an email regarding an updated T.D. member list from me this morning, please post here and let me know.

Thanks!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Morning Everyone,
    Dawn, thanks for doing an updated list. We need to also remember that Sherri is back with us and needs to be added on to the list as well as our mass email list. I'll forward your email on to her this morning and also get my info to you, although nothing has changed with me.

Oh, and Dawn, poor Dawn with morning sickness. I never had it too much with my three, but I hear the key is to keep a little something in your stomach at all times. I've heard so many people say to keep some saltines on your night stand and to have a few in the morning before you pick your head up from your pillow.

We'd all like some new house construction pictures, Dawn. It will be amazing to see how quickly the house goes up now that the block is being laid. They have built a few at the end of my road in the last couple of years and the speed with which they go up is unbelieveable.

Jo, hope you are feeling better and that it ended with you and is not moving on to anyone else in the family. What a trooper you are to keep going and caring for others when you are down!

Cindy, I'm not big on doubles either but I also love that Spotted Fever - like the speckles. Hope work is easing up...

Barb, what an awesome adventure you had. LOVE Marie in the big chair. Hoping to have time today to look more at Sara's album again. Always love to look at her work - she has such an eye.

Dianne and Paul, Good to see the two of you back.

Was in the 70's here yesterday. Got to scoot outside for a bit after work yesterday and get a little done. Supposed to be a BIG change by tonight - down to the 30's I believe. Brrr... Still in denial - don't want to believe winter is coming .

Shirley, I did email you at your verizon address, not through GW. I don't know why my computer just will not email to you or yours won't accept from mine. Just basically wanted to let you know that I felt bad about that hosta post- had already traded them by the time you posted. Have some others that I can send, but maybe in Spring? Getting late here.

G, can't wait to see wedding pictures. Sounds like it was awesome! Glad the stress is over for you and that the day went wonderful. It will be nice to have you back.

Better go get the kids out the door.
    MaryB

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Morning everyone,

NO BABY YET!!!!

She seems to have settled back down. Contractions stopped, braxton hicks contractions stopped. She sees the doc today. Hopefully she will give her good news that she is in the first stages. OMG, I hate waiting (big grins) Can't wait to get my hands on that new baby. At least we have everything ready. Nursery is ready, Mostly "Witzy" from little Suzy's Zoo. I found lots of fabrics and made quite a few things for her. Large changing pad I designed myself, I stitched a large "roll" all the way around the pad, to keep the baby safe from rolling off the changing table. Diaper bag, burp cloths, flannel receiving blankets, portable changing pad, still working on 2 blankets with satin binding on the edges. We went with other things as well though. Items with witzy on it are horribly expensive. I have priced many, and we decided not to get the mobile ($45), or the diaper bag($40)

Oops, it is time for me to go,
    everyone, have awonderful day,
    hugs to all,
    Jo

• mareas
    17 years ago

Hi everybody! Taking a break from this endless packing.

Dianne, I just went thru exactly the same process with my DH's clothes: he still had everything he EVER bought. Finally he listened to reason, so i took a jeepfull of boxes to the free box at the local recycling center & sold a bunch on eBay. I'm WITH you on what a great feeling it is to be organized & have room for clothes in the closet!

Paul - I want to play in the SECRET SANTA EXCHANGE , too. The guessing ought to be just a riot!

Sharon - Stamile's Daylilies!! I got Lambertson's catalog in the mail a few days ago & have been lost in pages of his exotic lavenders, OMIGAWD 'Blue Hippo' & 'Asian Fairy Bluebird', but just checked out the new collections on Stamile's website. That red, yellow/orange 'Firewall' is something special, as is 'Born To Run'! I still just LOVE the photo of his double red 'Fire Agate', but you know me, I fell head over heels right into those fractal faced Butterflies & then found THREE new Candies (just GOTTA get that 'Precious') then I sat & drooled over that 'Patch of Blue' - just when I thought I could save my money for nice plant stakes! My 'Crystal Blue Persuasion' is about to open the first of it's 12 buds. It arrived in April this year, so I don't know if this very late blooming is typical or not?
    But, late bloomers: I had hopes that 'Regal Finale' would cover that niche, but sorta failed me this year & bloomed along with the rest of the "mid-late" crowd. Sounds like maybe Stamile's new 'Band Played On' would fill the gap, and an "orchid rose with blue black violet eye" wouldn't hurt my feelings any time during the year! I have some 'Black Mingo' & 'Night Rapture' '06 seedlings that will hopefully provide some flowers in that color range, and I got 8 precious seeds from 'Beyond Thunderdome' which prompted me to get my refrigerator repaired fast! lol Who cares about milk & cheese when you need to save the daylily seeds?

Speaking of precious, that little Marie is probably Model Of The Year, traveling grandmama Barb!!
    My prayers your grandbaby arrives fast & easily, Jo, and that all is Benign for Anita's DH! You, too, Shirley.

And Cindy, your photos are always treasures, thank you! I received 'Starman's Quest' from our MaryB & now am counting the days until i get to see it bloom...

Happy mulching & plant lugging to all of you, marea

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Just came home to find a box from BETTY, she chose me to send her second box to.
    Oh Betty, I was in tears reading the wonderful card from you.
    thank you so very much.
    She sent me so many great things,
    *candy corn- it is half gone already, everyone is snacking
    *a healing treatment kit, from "the healing garden" will really have to get around and try this
    *a really nice "smelly" candle, "apple cinnamon" ummmmmmm
    *new garden gloves
    *allium christophii-love these
    *daffodils lemon beauty
    *a beautiful resin angel in a pink gown with wire wings, very pretty
    *an adorable porcelain angel bell, who also has on a pink dress, love them both
    *a small brushed silver frame that has a magnet on the back, you know that my new GB picture will be going in that.
    *and the most beautifully written card.
    Thank you so much Betty for chosing me to send your second box to.It means more to me than I can ever begin to tell you. Your friendship means the world to me. big hugs

Marea,
    Yay, you stopped by. So glad you took a minute away from all that packing. You must be going cross eyed by now.
    WOW, those seeds you have. so lucky. Hope they produce some gorgeous babies. I am trying very hard to stay away from those websites. I can't afford them, so I don't want to torment myself.(grins)

Hi MaryB,
    How is ya? Are you all done with your fall clean up? I am not.
    Still need that bed for my DL seedlings. gotta clean out the basement so I can bring in all my brugs, and pond plants. Yikes, not enough time!!! Yep, I am over my cold/flu. Dang, it was nasty for a few days. So far, no one else is showing any signs, thank goodness.

Dawn,
    Yes, do keep a few saltines by your bedside, they work wonders, and keep fruits and veggies with you so you can keep food in your tummy at all times. It will help a lot.

Barb,
    what a gift Sara has. And baby Marie is even more beautiful than the last time i saw her picture.

Jean,
    How are you and DH? I hope you are both doing well, and DH improves more all the time.I keep saying prayers for you.Take care hon. Hugs

Lisa,
    Hope you are also doing better. I say prayers for you as well. I know you are in so much pain. Wish I lived closer so I could come and help you. warm, and gentle hugs.

Sherri,
    Those daylilies you sent me are doing great. Already multiplied. How are yours doing?

Gloria,
    where in the world are those pics you promised? (grins)

Shirley,
    thank you for the extra prayers. And thank you on behalf of Anita as well. Hugs

Paul,
    Sent you an e-mail that i would like to play in the SECRET SANTA SWAP. But, thought I would post here too, in case you didn't get it.

Alright,
    I am gonna go sit with my sweetie, and work on DD baby blankets.
    hugs to all, have a great night,
    Jo

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Wow, today was pkg day, first from the fall swao a substitute box from deni daylilies
    francois verhaert,john peat, mort morss nice double fans. Iris tb Superstition, summer olympics. bulbs frittilaria, orangery, tribune, lemon beauty, rip van winkle daffodils, allium christophii, gigantum, globemaster a fall twig globe decorated in leaves and birds, gloves, a cute wolf statue, candy corn, pic frame small brushed metal w/magnet. amaryllis, pinwheels best of all a wonderful poem and card, thankyou deni I love it all Then a 9000 box from Mary S 5 daylilies
    Bitsy, miss amelia, leprechaun's wealth, carefree peach, a turkey windsock 2 pks of amelia tulip bulbs, haloween towel, maple candies, my favorite, a homemade napkin for haloween, everything wrapped for falla wonderful homemade card, boy am I spoiled, I love it thankyou Mary and thankyou to all of you who sent me maryb's questionaire. Thankyou both for all the wonderful goodies I love them. hugs spoiled carol

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

We have had the most beautiful Fall Weather ever. I hope to take some days off work and get on the Blue Ridge Parkway and see the leaves.

Barb-Love Marie's pictures Sarah did a great job. She is so photogenic. Thanks for sharing those.

MaryB-Yes the hostas can wait until next Spring. Thanks for letting me know.

Jo-Hope that baby shows up soon I know you are all ready for the arrival. Congratulations on your box from Bettie you are a very special lady and others know it.

Marea-I will have to check out Stamile's daylilies. What an addiction we have.

Frost hasn't arrived here yet. Everything is still blooming

Here is Dawson, he is really growing up. Really keeps us on our toes. I ask him if I can have a bite and he giggles and hands me his arm. I kiss and eat his arm up.

Shirley

• User
    17 years ago

I have to brag. Here's my grandson Ben, who has just started to laugh out loud. Sounds like angels singing to me. Ahhhhhh.
    {{gwi:2104171}}

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Oh the babies are all just so adorable.

Mary and Dawn, I still haven't gotten a list. :(

Jo, I am with you and try my darndest to stay away from those websites. Will cave come spring but by then I will have a list of other ones that I can't afford made up.:)
    All of my plants did pretty well accept for raspberry wine, it died all the way back but I noticed some green poking through the other day.

Mary, you just don't have the right doubles. Will have to send you a few good doubles next year that you will love. Though I don't have any that compare to spotted fever.:)

Cindy, have you been shopping to replace your "clothing" yet? :) Starmans quest was definately one of my picks.:) Someday we'll learn not to buy the same stuff.:)

Shirley, you did a nice job stacking that flower bed for bloom. Sherri

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

First I have to say Congratulation to Dawn and her Hubby for their 'Expecting'!! Soon you will have a Happy Sleeping Baby with you. {{gwi:2104172}}My one hint on the morning sickness is Never, Never take those huge vitamens without eating first. Oh, and don't be pregnant with twins. hehe
    Dawn = go a head and put me back on the TD list. I post all the time anyway. LOL

Shirley, that Dawson is a cutie. Your right, the last picture I remember of him was in that Fun Pool and he looked much younger then.
    Your garden still looks great. Mine is really looking barren ... no frost but I don't want to wait till it gets cold before I clear it.

Dianne, I love Ben's picture! It gave me a Big Smile this morning. The hat is great! It makes him look Scottish ... is he?

Jo ... Still waiting for that baby?????

Barb, I have to put my 2 cents in on Maries pictures too, wonderful!

Marea, I knew you would be drooling over the Blue Daylilies!
    I had to go to Lambertsons site to View the Blue. I'm with you on ASIAN FAIRY BLUEBIRD. But my favorite (I reserve the right to change my mind at a later date!) is STIPPLED STARSHIP. I was reading his descriptions and there is a lot of Constant Reblooming going on. Boy does that sound colorful.
    We need to tell DAWN about all the the Bird names he has on his site this fall. LOL

Paul ~ I would like to be part of your Secret Santa Exchange. Great Idea.

Gloria, are you still recouperating (spelling?) from the wedding?

Sharon

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Dianne-Oh my goodness what a baby doll little Ben is makes you want to get ahold of him and kiss and squeeze.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS BAMBI...HOPE YOU HAVE LOTS OF GOOD CAKE AND ICE CREAM TODAY. IF I LIVED CLOSE WE WOULD HAVE SOME GOOD CAKE AND ICE CREAM TOGETHER.

Sharon-If you look close you can see some horses painted on the front of the barn. My DH took spray paint and painted those. I was so surprised that he did that good. My dad even thought from his house that I had bought some horses and had them in the pasture. We got a good laugh over that.

Shirley

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Morning!

Big day today.....ultrasound at 3pm. DH is going to meet me at the hospital. We are very excited as you can imagine. Hopefully i'll have a pic when I get back.

Sharon..thank you! The advice is great. I've been wondering about twins 'cause i've been gaining so much weight and just have a funny feeling. It doesn't run in the family. DH would just pass out, lol. The U/S will show us how many are in there today. ; )
    I've been taking prescrp. vitamins since Jan. I have 2 huge ones I take everyday and always take them with dinner. Otherwise I would probably gag. : )
    I emailed Deni to put you back on as "active" status, lol. Yippee! If you have my email address, would you re-send all your info. such as address, birthdate, and current email? Just want to make sure we are all upated. : ) Thanks! Or you could just send it to Deni if you have her email addy.

MamaG......we want wedding details!!!!!

Gay.....are you still here with us? If so, we need you to email us all your current info. Do you still have anyone's email address?

Sherri.....please please forgive me but I don't know what list you are talking about. I re-read all the posts and totally can't remember. Was I supposed to send you something. A plant list?? I'm so lost. : )

Ohmygosh Dianne......Ben is so cuddly cute! And very handsome in that hat! Love it! He's going to have nice eyebrows....I can tell. : )

And Shirly, Dawson sure is growing up! He has a gorgeous smile. I'll bet he loves coming to your place. Your Fall gardens look beautiful.

Jo, any baby news today? Thanks for the m/s advice (Thanks to Mary B. too). I have Saltines by my bedside, but they are not doing much except making me thirsty, lol. I'm trying to be sure I have something in my belly all the times, but i'm still feeling yucky. I'm just grinning and bearing it, lol. Ugh.

Marea, what's all this "bird daylily" talk Sharon is speaking of????

MaryB, the construction world is amazing. We have blocked/bricked so many patio homes this year it's just unbelievable. They seem to be all the craze around here. Townhouses too. If you like no maintenance and easy living then I guess it would be perfect. I prefer a yard and privacy myself, lol. They do go up fast.
    I got some pics for ya'.....

The block were delivered and within hours DH and the crew arrived to start work.....

Walls started going up very quickly........

It's very busy on the jobsite with stuff all over the place so I found a safe spot and planted myself in a chair and watched...

{{gwi:173587}}

That bump-out in the front w/ all the windows is like a dream come true. I can't wait to...

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Bambi!!!!

I tried to send you an Ecard but it wouldn't go through for some reason. So i'll post here instead.
    Here's a pretty bloom for you......

Hope you have a great day!

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Hello everyone!

Dawn, as usual I am enjoying the building pictures. The one with your chair in the middle...too cute!I'm anxious to hear about the ultrasound! That is a beautiful bracelet with the bird.

Happy Birthday Bambi! Celebrate!

Carol, So glad the package arrived and you liked everything inside!

Barb,Shirley Diane, Cute baby pics!!!

Paul, Put me down for the Christmas swap! I am sorry about those tulips!!!! I never gave it a thought about them not growing where you are at. Perhaps you can refrigerate them and force them later! Now I see they got in all the Amarylis/Narcissis bulbs for forcing this week in the stores here.I looked all over before I sent your package. Sometimes the stores in these small towns are so lame!!!!!

Jean, Jo How are your DHs doing?

Anita...Hoping your DH got a gets a good report.

Sharon, so glad you decided to come back!

Thanks to all who worked on updating the master list!

Lisa, Carmen...Prayers for you!

Canna, good to hear from you again. If you need some of those hostas replaced...let me know! Maybe they just went dormant??? Don't give up till next spring!I always manage to lose a few! Usually the little expensive ones!!!

We are having a little Indian Summer here, but it is really looking like fall. Most of my perennials are going dormant and the leaves are turning and falling. We finally got things pretty well closed up at the lake, so now I can start working on my yard at home. I decided I'd better get Carol's plants out of here before they get a killing frost.

My DH 'lost' my garden cart after he took a load of branches and leaves etc.to the dump! I think it must have blown off the pickup. He got me a new wheelbarrow and I love it!

MamaG, we need to see pictures of this beautiful bride and wedding!

Well off to get busy on such a nice day! MaryS

• mareas
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Bambi!! May you have many more!!

Dawson is growing like a weed!! Getting so handsome, too. :)
    I just received my Fall Friendship Swap Box from our quiet Betty & am just overwhelmed with ALL the great goodies she sent! She enclosed a pretty card with a super poem about friendship - I'll share w/ya'll soon. She sent loads of bulbs & 2 super TB Irs (Superstition & Champagne Elegance) and fun toys & candles & ceramics & metal markers with printed labels for the iris and daylilies!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, dear Betty!
    I dont know if my favorite thing is one of the 3 daylilies: Mort Morss, Century Club & Ginny Mitchell or the lifelike (don't look, G) sticky frog!! I received a Guardian angel pin, too, and will put it in my jeep today - good idea pregnant bird! ~m'

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I am at the library right now, but will be up and running again on the 20th. Since I have been inactive for so long do I have to re-join?

I've missed chatting with all of you and will have to get caught up with all that is going on when I get on line next week.

Shelby came in to visit us and his check-up went great he is at the 4-year mark!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• blacktulip_wi
    17 years ago

Evening everyone,

Thank you all for the sweet and kind birthday wishes! They were greatly appreciated! :)

My day was very dull here actually, went to work, came home and picked up sticks & branches till dark and then listened to a Mahler symphony on the radio. No cake or ice cream but I'll be going with a friend on Saturday to a nice Italian restaurant, so that should make up a little for all of the dullness. When you live alone, there really isn't very much going on...I lead a pretty quiet and uninteresting life.

Dawn - Love the picture of Autumn Minaret...is that a Stout daylily? And it's very, very tall isn't it?

Everyone have a good & peaceful night,
    Bambi

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Annie,
    It's so good to hear from you. Maybe you can read this on the 20th....Welcome back.

Bambi-I kept thinking about ice cream from talking about it so I made homemade butterfinger icecream. If anyone has an icecream freezer and wants the recipe LMK. It's the best homemade icecream I have ever tasted and everyone that tries it says the same thing.

Marea-Nice box, Wow DL Century Club is a 2006 intro.

Dawn-Yep that house will be big enough for all of us to come and visit. Do you live anywhere close to where the shooting of the Amish children happened? That truly breaks my heart. God be with all those families.

Sherri-Save some of those double daylilies for me.LOL

I arrived home to find an awesome box from Deni. Thank you so much Deni I was overwhelmed with all the goodies in that box.

Daylilies Hi Ho Silver, John Peat, Francois Verhaert(can't wait to see these beauties bloom....yeah)
    Daffodils Rip Can Winkle, Lemon Beauty, Tribune, Orangery
    Irises Breakers, Summer Olympics
    Alliums Purple sensation, globemater, gigantum, christophii
    Candy Corn (I love candy corn..thanks bunches)
    cordova jersey gloves (always need gloves)
    pewter photo frame
    candle-linen fragrance (I burn candles and love them)
    metal plant markers(Love the way you do your tags)
    scarecrow (I need it for my fall decorating)
    ceramic birdhouse
    angel pendant
    happiness wall plaque
    pinwheels with suction cups
    Poem about friendship
    Deni you are truly a treasure to this group. You send awesome boxes to everyone and share all your gorgeous daylilies with us. Thanks for being my friend and last months traveling daylily partner.

Shirley