Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jds82

Selected Plants

jds82
16 years ago

I see that some one is not happy with Laurel's heirloom tomatos, but I would definently reccomend selected plants. I tried to start tomato seedlings, but unusual cool weather in March killed them basically. I was very nervous after loosing the plants that my tomato season would be shot. After talking to the owner of selected plants, I received the tomato plants a week later (end of March). They shipped from Alabama to Saint Simons Island, GA. VIA postal service and they arrived timely and in great condition. Out of the 9 plants that I received I kept 3, the rest i gave to family and friends. The three i kept were Kellogg's breakfast, Eva's Purple Ball,and Red Brandy wine. These have preformed better than the hybrid's that I have planted at the same time. I believe that is b/c of the quality of the plants that I received from Selected Plants. The Kelloggs Breakfast has produced fruit over 1 lb. that are still green and growing, and the other 2 are loaded with fruit and flowers. My hybrids are growing good, but not producing as much fruit, although growing in the same soil and conditions in the same raised bed. I wish I could post pictures to show the quality of the plants and fruit, does anyone know how? Oh yeah, thank you Selected Plants!

Comments (5)