Have our libraries been taken over by fringe dwelling trendies?
I am not a literary person but I notice on the now not so frequent trips to our new state of the art municipal library that the gardening section consists of mainly books written during the 70s.
Any new purchases are based around companion gardening, 100% organic practices and herbs. While I admit these books do have a place there is no interest (I have asked) in stocking any "how to" basic gardening books. Evidently the management feel there is little interest in these type of books.
To get books such as Carolyn Males tomato book put on the shelves is an impossibility. How can readers interest be judged if the product isn't there in the first place.
This trendiness unfortunately isn't confined just to horticulture. I notice the medical section is becoming dominated by new age treatments and practices once again ok , but surely only in proportion to mainstream medicine.
Are all libraries like this?
Glenn
breezynosacek
springcherry
Related Professionals
Cambridge Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Cincinnati Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Frisco Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Richmond Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Carson City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Longview Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Jonesboro Landscape Contractors · Newport News Landscape Contractors · Lake Charles Home Additions · Charleston Home Additions · Sheboygan Home Additions · Bakersfield Home Additions · Chula Vista Home Additions · Casper Home Additions · Cody Home AdditionsJohn_D
Lyrical
live_oak_lady
Glenn_50Original Author
Lyrical
athagan
mich_in_zonal_denial
NOTHO__NANTUCKET
veronicastrum
PrairieGirl