Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Anyone remove water flow regulator on showerhead?

piscesgirl
10 years ago

I now I may get some flack for asking this, but has anyone removed the waterflow regulator/restrictor on their showerhead? Was it difficult? Did it work, or did you end up ruining the showerhead?

We had our contractor install a Newport Brass handshower in our new master bathroom. (http://www.newportbrass.com/products/categories/04/Tub-Shower/09/Hand-Showers/116/Tub-Shower/26/Polished-Chrome/281-1)

This handshower is rated 2.0 GPM. We don't have the greatest water pressure in our house, but the water is barely coming out on this showerhead...no pressure at all.

I grabbed a gallon bucket to test the GPM and it took me 1.37 minutes to fill a gallon bucket. Far cry from 2 gallons per minute. I am wondering if I have our contractor remove the flow regulator whether it will help. Looks pretty straightforward in the parts diagram, but figured I would ask here first if anyone has ever tried it.

I don't want to waste water or anything, I would just love to have enough pressure to rinse shampoo out of my hair.

Comments (4)