Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twogirlsbigtrouble

Need help with hansgrohe fixture selection

twogirlsbigtrouble
15 years ago

We are building and will need a showerhead plus a handshower with wall bar for our master bath with a 4X6 shower space. Does this list look okay to you? Is there anything that wont work together or that I do or dont need?

Raindance S 150 AIR 1-Jet Showerhead

15" Showerarm

Raindance S 150 AIR 3-Jet Handshower

Metris Thermobalance II Trim 31317

Thermobalance II Rough

Unica S Puro Wallbar 24"

Wall Outlet 27454

Techniflex 80" Hose 28274

Also, is it ok to use the 15" shower arm with the showerhead I chose? Is the 180 or 240 model really worth the extra money?

Thanks so much :)

Comments (13)

• rockrisley
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I'm looking at a # of the same items. The only thing I might ask is do you want both the showerhead and the hand held to be the same size? I often see pictures with a larger showerhead and a smaller handheld like the 120 or the 100. Just a thought. All the best with your project.

• mungo
    15 years ago

I agree with the previous, that you may wish to get different head types on your two emitters. It is fairly popular to have the overhead over a rain shower effect, and use the handheld for more concentrated "tasks". Different function, different tool.

By the way, I have the 150 with AIR (Raindance Allrounder) and I love it.

• deliciousguacamole
    15 years ago

I'm also looking at a Hansgrohe shower set-up for a 3'6" x 4'6" shower. So far I've picked out the Raindance S120 Air 3-jet handheld (5" face) combined with the Raindance 180 Air showerhead (7" face, combined w/ 9" shower arm).

I'm just not sure if I need the wall bar for the handheld, or if just a holder would work (like the Porter'S base 28331000)?

I'm also getting confused about all the thermostatic vs thermobalance trims and rough-in options... anyone know of a good online guide to selecting these?

• twogirlsbigtrouble
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, that makes sense. So should I opt for a bigger showerhead or smaller handshower? Im not sure what the showerhead will feel like. Im hoping its more forceful than a regular rain showerhead since it has "air".

• mungo
    15 years ago

Thermobalance I rough is for one emitter. Thermobalance II rough is for two emitters (e.g. handheld + fixed head). Thermobalance III is for three emitters (e.g. handheld + fixed head + tub spout).

Each rough valve will have compatible trim kits. I went with Thermobalance II rough and Solaris trim kit for a shower-tub with two emitters.

The rough valve comes in a version with "stops" and one without. Get the previous if it is hard to access the water turnoff.

You only need the wall bar if you want to be able to adjust the height of the handheld when you have it fixed. In my case I have a growing kids and she would want it low, and guests who are grown and would want it high. So we went with wall bar.

• mungo
    15 years ago

On the big showerhead vs smaller handheld, it really depends on whether you are the type who enjoys a rainshower. It isn't for everyone. If it is for you, then you could get a bigger head and install it in an overhead manner, and then you're ok with the 150 AIR for handheld. If you're not into the rainshower, then you could go 150 AIR for the fixed head (installed on the wall rather than overhead), and then something smaller for your handheld like the 100.

• deliciousguacamole
    15 years ago

mungo: thanks so much -- very helpful info!

• charlikin
    15 years ago

Also, think about the size of the handshower - you're going to be holding it in your hand, twisting it around, holding it over your back... I don't know how big the Raindance handshower is, but if it's also a rain shower, I would think it would be pretty big. I would want something a little more maneuverable.

• mungo
    15 years ago

That's a good point. Even though I use my Raindance as a handshower at times, it is primarily an overhead. One of the smaller ones would be better if you were for the overhead + handshower approach.

• twogirlsbigtrouble
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Very helpful stuff, thanks. So those of you that have the Raindance with AIR, does it feel as forceful as a regular showerhead? I like the idea of the rainshower because of the wider span, but still like the output of a regular showerhead.

• mungo
    15 years ago

It's plenty forceful for me. I think it is the "AIR" magic.

• homepro01
    15 years ago

I have a 7" raindance handshower, I think it is the S150. I don't find it too large at all. The shower is more forceful than my previous Kohler regular shower head that was not a rain shower. The handle is small for the handshower and it is easy to grab. I don't have a separate shower head just the handshower.

Good luck!

• jamms
    15 years ago

"twogirls" you can contact Hansgrohe by calling them at 1-800-334-0455. The customer service agents will spend the time with you to make sure you order all the accurate parts for your shower system.