Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tad0422

Has Anyone Built 'The L'Attesa di Vita' Plan?

tad0422
10 years ago

Hello everyone!

We are narrowing down to what we think will be our plan for our home. I also found out it is a very popular plan so I wanted to ask if anyone knows/has built this floor plan. We would love pictures or anything visual that someone can turn up. Thanks in advance!

http://houseplans.bhg.com/plan_details.asp?PlanNum=1895

Comments (348)

• Alexis
    6 years ago
    Kids room (room at the front of the house)
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Spare bedroom facing back of the house
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Kids bath/guest bath. We removed the jack and Jill and made it accessible from hall since we removed the half bath in the front of the house.
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Looking out of guest/hall bath to the hallway between bedrooms
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    My garage gym
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Color of my kitchen island and guest bath cabinets
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    My husband made the shutters for the front
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Another pic of guest bath (had someone make a rustic frame for builder grade mirror)
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Bonus bath (we added a bath upstairs in the bonus)
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Bonus upstairs, excuse the mess! This is the kids’ playroom! We put a mini split unit upstairs and it’s amazing, heats and cools in minutes. We leave it off when we aren’t upstairs. Closet upstairs as well.
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Door to attic upstairs, pic of inside attic
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    We did move the garage to face the front entrance due to lot width restrictions.
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Anther office shot
  • Krista
    6 years ago

Alexis...thank you for sharing your photos! It has been a tremendous help to me! We are building the exact same house ! I absolutely love all your colors and decor! I plan to copy a lot of your ideas! I especially love your kitchen! Is your backsplash white and your cabinets cream? What color is your island? Finally, where did you get your barstools? They are exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks again!

• Liz Lemon
    6 years ago
    Alexis I adore your kitchen and love the overall feel of your home. Gorgeous.
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Silveredge123 thank you!!
    Cabinets are Benjamin Moore revere pewter with a brown glaze, the island is Farrow and ball’s “French gray” (I had Sherwin Williams match a swatch) with the same brown glaze finish.

The whole house is SW repose gray and the office is SW “stiffkey blue”- again, SW matched this from a swatch for me.
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Thanks Samantha M.!

Silveredge123- barstools are from Walmart, believe it or not!! Kitchen backsplash is plain old white subway tile with a light gray grout
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Silveredge123 they are on sale at overstock right now, the color I have is called driftwood gray, it’s more of a gray/green wood with cream linen upholstered seats, so pretty!
  • Krista
    6 years ago
    Alexis, thanks for all the information! I ordered my barstools this evening from overstock! I can’t wait to get them in! I had another question...where did you get your curtain in the breakfast nook area? Thanks again! Love love your style!
  • Alexis
    6 years ago
    Krista, the actual curtain is the Quinn bascketweave cool white from jc penny 120”, but since the ceilings are so tall I had a local curtain/upholstery company add the 4 inch blue feature stripe to the side and a 6inch border to the bottom to make them touch the floor. That same upholsterer made my wooden cornice
  • HU-682194998
    5 years ago

more pics please

• Kelsie Chisholm
    5 years ago

Hey Alexis, do you remember what color paint you used for your office? We are building this house right now and I would love that color in my room! Also, do you know what the name of the floor/color you used?

• Alexis
    5 years ago
    @kelsie Chisholm the floors are red oak with ebony stain. The office is Farrow and Ball “ stiffkey blue”. I went to Sherwin Williams and asked them to mix a color match and they did. This brand is in Europe and pretty expensive. You can order a paint card for free through on their website. It truly is the most gorgeous blue I’ve ever seen, I LOVE it!! So glad I chose it
  • Alexis
    5 years ago
    Office pain color
  • Kelsie Chisholm
    5 years ago

Thank you!!!

What size is your island?!?! Love it!! We are modifying our plans for a large island I need to decide the size!

• Alexis
    5 years ago
    @kelsie I’m pretty sure it’s 4’x8’. If not, I’ll message you back this evening
  • Kelsie Chisholm
    5 years ago

Hey Alexis, did you put a closet upstair? We were wanting to add one to our. If you did can you send a picture of where it is?

• Alexis
    5 years ago
    @kelsie, we added a bathroom and closet upstairs. The first door on the right as soon as you walk in is the bathrooom and the second door is the closet.
  • Jessica Manus
    5 years ago

bikebillnc42 we love your house. It is beautiful! We are right outside of Locust in Monroe, NC. We are starting to build in early May. If I'm not mistaken I read that you added a basement. We are trying to get ideas.. Would you be open to showing your house? If not, pictures of the basement? Thanks in advance for any help...

• ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    We are in the process of building this plan. We did away with the upstairs/bonus room and stairway. We are just using the space as extra attic space. I added a big closet where the staircase was...to keep dvds and board games. Here are some pics from along the way so far.
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Unfinished: exterior, master shower, kids bath, interior
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Different views
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Master bath
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Kitchen
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Back porch, front porch, entry
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Standing in dining room
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Laundry room with mud bench
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Kids bath and a couple more views of laundry
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Exterior garage, living room windows, exterior house, master bedroom
  • ashliecrowson
    5 years ago
    Made the study bigger, added a closet and a built in desk (unfinished)
  • jsauls827
    4 years ago

@ashliecrowson can you post some updated exterior pics? I really like the white and I haven’t seen it before. What color stain did you use for the exterior beams? Thanks!

• Jessica Manus
    4 years ago

@jsauls827 I love your kitchen! Your island color is perfect. What color is it? And do you have any pics of it finished or anymore progress? THANKS!

• jsauls827
    4 years ago

@jessicamanus I’m sorry I don’t know the exact colors but it was a light/medium brown cabinet with a dark glaze on top. It was custom by our cabinet makers. I’ll try to get some more progress pics together to post! :)

• Pamela Citowitz
    4 years ago

Love this house design . I am getting ready to build it in Kentucky but I’ve changed a lot on the house plan to cut cost .

• Pamela Citowitz
    4 years ago

Moved the master bath shower to make the closet bigger , and move the water closet to the back of the bathroom . Since I am recently divorced I don’t need the two closets or two vanity sinks . I’m a hairdresser so I had them use the study as a utility room so I could put my hair station in the same room as the washer and dryer and made a storage closet in the hall that I will use as a workout room . i’m Not sure about the design to make the dining room a guest room , I’m afraid it will make the living space look smaller when you walk in . What do you all think ?

• Pamela Citowitz
    4 years ago

• Pamela Citowitz
    4 years ago

Happy to say I am on my way . I went wit the full walkout basement and we are putting the bonus room in and moving things toward the garsge to make the kitchen bigger .

• wesley wilson
    4 months ago

Hi i see most of these posts are older but hoping for some help with this plan is there anyone in the southeast that has built this house that wouls be willing to let us come see it? we currenly live in south georgia

• PRO
    Wentzel Construction
    last month

I'm doing a modified version of it in Black Mountain, NC. Just getting the grading done though, so just a hole in the ground right now. When we get it up out of the ground, you would be welcome to look.

• wesley wilson
    28 days ago

thank you! We are having our lot cleared now. I might try and reach out to you to discuss this week.