Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
samana

Basic Oven - Bosch, KA, Whirlpool?

samana
12 years ago

So far these forums have helped me find the Bluestar (36" rangetop) which I didn't know existed. I had been going back and forth between a GE Advantium and a Miele Speed Oven, but am now seriously thinking of going for Wolf's new steam/combi oven. I think they will be worth it, but this definitely pushes us past the original budget. So now I'm looking for a more reasonably priced oven to go below the Wolf.

30" seems to be the basic size for a new build and our other appliances will be stainless. This second oven would be for more occasional use - basically anything that couldn't fit in the Wolf (1.8 cu ft), big baking jobs, or when we need a second oven.

The local showroom (Wolf, Miele, KA, Jenn-Air, Bosch, GE) recommended against Electrolux. They can get it, but they don't have any so I can't take a look at them. That same salesperson also said he didn't think Bosch was that great anymore and compared them to the KA.

In the $1600 range are the Bosch 500 series, the KitchenAid Architect II and the Electrolux IQ-Touch. LG seems to have one for about $1500. I think that's already kind of pricey for a secondary oven. Frigidaire and Maytag are even less, and I'm all for spending less, but I just don't know much about their quality.

Thank you for any advice. I really need to make some final decisions soon because I normally have little extra time and all this research is eating up my sleep!

Comments (2)