Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
broadwinged

paint no tiles

broadwinged
15 years ago

So, we're just buying a new to us older house. Lots of good work was done about 7 years ago but the one sore spot is the main bathroom. While we want some nice touches we need to watch the pocket book.

It is a 6' x 8' bath with an older - kind of deco - tub along the far wall. That will stay, as will the odd corner toilet (on the opposite wall from the bath) most everything else will go. We've found a nice older sink.

We'll likely use a bead board wainscoting at about 4' height and keep a wide plank wood floor that we'll likely paint.

Here's my question. Is it possible or desirable to avoid the use of tile on the wall where the tub is? Will a paint like Benjamin Moore Aura Bath and Tile hold up to being on a tub wall where there is a shower? I'd like to simply put in a rain shower system...the wall will get wet. Is this foolish? I'm assuming so but thought I'd ask before continuing to consider how to cover the wall with the tub, make the transition from wainscoting to tile etc...

Sorry I don't have a photo yet...if this makes sense to folks here, I'd be interested in initial thoughts about this.

Trying to keep it simple.

Thanks

Comments (2)