Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chipster_2007

Toto Flushing Systems...Which Is Best?

chipster_2007
15 years ago

Will buy a new toilet soon and am interested in anyone experiences with toto's flushing systems, specifically, the G-max vs the cyclone flush. I have seen a comment re chosing g-max over their new cyclone flushing system. Would appreciate any info re these two systems. I don't want to make a mistake with this. I am leaning towards their new cyclone flushing system because of toto's statements re cleaning the bowl better but I don't know if this is just the company's hype or not. Terrylove's web site states it is the best flushing system. Would appreciate any info.

Comments (10)

• oskiebabu
    15 years ago

The double cyclone flush is supposed to clean the sides as the water emanates from opposite sides at the top of the bowl. My experience with the Soire (which has this system) is that it doesn't flush that well. My UltraMax G-Max in my powder room flushes much better. In fact, for a low water volume flush it flushes great. I like the G-Max flush so well, that I bought a Toto Lloyd and switched out the Soiree from my master bath and put the Soiree in the guest bathroom.

Maybe others have had different experiences with the double cyclone flush.

Greg

• constanceann
    15 years ago

We are going to buy a new toilet soon and I was close to posting this same question about the double cyclone flush versus the G max flush. It seems like a month ago, a number of folks here on GW had either the Soiree or Lloyd ready to be installed and I was wondering if anyone had any information yet. I have seen several posts saying the G max system seems better but would love to hear from recent owners.

Thanks,
    Connie

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

What's different about the Soiree seat? We have one in the guest bath, and have two planned for the other baths. The seat seems ok to us; all Toto's seats are different from what we're used to (1960's/'70's era toilets).

So far the flush seems ok as well. We're used to 5 gal toilets, so compared to those, 1.6 gal just isn't going to wash the bowl as well (as powerful as it is, I have seen residue on the bowl in our 5 gal toilets at times). From our understanding, after speaking with people at Toto, the double cyclone is the same flush as the G-Max, with the addition of a bowl wash (and the elimination of the holes under the rim).

• chipster_2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks cat mom,sandra zone6 and oskiebabu for your info. We are replacing the original in our home from the 1930's. I liked the idea behind the double cyclone system and was hoping for helpful imput which I got. I am glad to see, cat mom, that you are happy with it. I have ordered it and waiting for the plumber to call to set up a time to install. Will add additional info to this thread after a few weeks with it. Thanks again.

• edwardrroonney
    15 years ago

BR #1 Toto Gwyneth 1-piece (MS604114CEFG) sanagloss ADA elongated with double cyclone 1.28l
    BR #2 Toto Eco Supreme 1-piece (MS864114E#01) elongated with Emax 1.28l.

We had to use the eco supreme in our master bath since we needed a lower height tank to access a a/c closet.

Compared to our 20 year old 4-5 gallon Eljers, I rate it a 10/10.

The Gwyneth is a 9/10 and it never clogs or leaves a stain. The eco Supreme is a 7/10. It can clog with a lot of paper and ocassionally stains.

• jjaazzy
    15 years ago

I wanted a contemporary look and went with the skirted (can't recommend that enough love it!) Carolina Toto. I love it and am in the process of ordering a 2nd. It says it has a power gravity flush. I can tell you it is super quiet and quick. I had trouble in this house with toilets needing plungers at every station and this toilet has only needed a little nudge 2 x in the 3.5 years I have had it. I highly recommend it.

• homepro01
    15 years ago

I just wanted to mention something about streaking. Have people noticed that commercial toilets in public places are often streaked too? I don't think streaking is something unique to Totos or 1.6gal flushers either. I am in a rental apartment most of the week that has a 5gal toilet and when guest visit, I notice streaking or notice the guest that does a double flush. I have GMax toilets but I am toying with the idea of a Neorest or Aquia for the third bathroom.

Just an observation!

• Thetesa
    6 years ago

probably abrasive cleaners have worn away the glaze so streaking occurs

• MizLizzie
    6 years ago

Zombie thread. From '09.