Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Good morning-Friday

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Just wanted to say hello and see what everyone is doing. I got a haircut yesterday and feels so much cooler on my neck now. Did shop a bit for vacation clothes, got a pair of capris and two tops. (Also a darling little top for GD--always have to browse through that section.) I made myself stay away from the "dish" areas--need to concentrate on clothes for the moment. LOL Weather here in the low 90's all week. So what's going on with you? Luvs

Comments (4)

• jaybird
    16 years ago

Ooohhhh new clothes sound like fun!!!
    DH and I are going to visit DS and family tomorrow, and I have been thinking about wearing capri's. I don't usually, because I have to wear ugly shoes, but I just might break my own rule tomorrow...it's hot...it's wet....it's humid, and high water pants might be just the ticket!;^)
    We will be celebrating DDIL's b-day and their anniversary, so it will be a fun day!! The two little girls have been calling me off and on all week to tell me what we are going to do when "you and Pa get here". I don't think we could cram everything in if we stayed for a month! LOL

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

"bought clothes and stayed AWAY from dish dept"? Well that doesn't sound fun. LOL. Still around 110 or more here. My husband and son Jason are in N. Calif playing golf all week, where it's beautiful and cool. Golf buddy invited them. My daughter and her family left yesterday for COOL Oregon for ten days where his family has a cabin. This is their annual vacation. I get to go feed her two big dogs twice a day while they're gone. Luckily she lives less than 5 min away.
    I don't think I'm having fun yet. LOL. Can't even go to Goodwill or 99 Cent store, just far enough to cause too much pain with my stupid back. Would whine but have been eBay shopping to brighten my mood.

Karen

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Sounds like you two will be having fun. We never go on vacations, people come here to go on vacation, lol. I do have a bridal shower an hour away on Sunday...a shower on 4th of July weekend?? Leave the Hamptons where everyone is trying to be...oh well.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jaybird, I have a hard time finding capris since I am only 5'1"--many of them are almost long enough to be slacks! LOL Hey, when it gets hot, I go for cool and comfortable--forget the fashion police! Isn't it great that your granddaughters are so thrilled you are coming? Have a great time.

Karen, I had to head towards the Mall today on an errand, so I did run into Marshall's to see what new dishes they might have. Really no new things that excited me. They did have some fish shaped bowls, but they were much bigger than I would want, also saw a cake pedestal in the red Bordallo with the little stars--very pretty. I have to say that they sometimes let their stores get so messy. They really need someone who could arrange the displays of the dishes better. So many things get broken too. Some of those tall glass jars had chips in the top or lids and many plates and bowls have chips in them--so sad to see that. Sounds like all your family have headed off to cooler locales. Good thing they have you to take care of the home front. Good that your DH and DS enjoy golfing together. Can't wait to see your ebay finds--can we look forward to a Monday post?

Kathleen, I just read an article in a magazine about your neck of the woods. I wanted to tell you about it, but now I can't remember which mag it was in. It was an article on vacation destinations--named several of the neat shops too.

Glad you are all well and busy. Got to go read the rest of the posts--have the evening to myself, DH went to play pool.

Luvs

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions