Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

direct me to online sources for faucets, pls?

pammyfay
14 years ago

I'm thinking about replacing all my bathroom faucets (they are brassy looking things whose finish is quite worn in some places, where obviously the previous owners used harsh cleansers on them; the diverters are kind of shot; and the previous owners replaced the original bath drain covers which cheapie tub pluggers, which just don't work). My style is contemporary.

Can you recommend some online sites that you've found have a wide selection of contemporary styles?

(Only faucet I've bought for my house was for the kitchen sink, and I ended up getting that on eBay!)

Thanks!

Comments (3)

• nuthead
    14 years ago

This is a frequent question and I will sound like a broken record but can short cut your search somewhat. The most frequently mentioned online sites that seem to have the best reputation here are "Faucet Direct" and "Efaucets". They also seem to have the biggest presence in online advertising. As for myself, I have had great luck with "National Builder Supply" or one of their affiliated sites of "h.m.wallace". Because the online market is so competitive with price guarantees and freight deals I believe ultimately that you should shop for brand first then find the dealer with the best pricing, always being aware that sometimes the price will seem low then when you get to checkout you find some high freight costs (a common EBAY ploy).
    As for design Danze seems to have a great line of high styled contemporary fixtures but are imported and long term quality may come in question and inversely Grohe has equal style high quality and high price. I have the Grohe.
    A newly up and coming brand is "Showhouse" by Moen which seems to represent a new high style, especially their "green Tea" oriental influence collection at a moderate price and great lifetime guarantee.
    Probably too much info but hopefully it will give you a good start. Happy shopping.

• mileaday None
    14 years ago

I just bought two Kohler bath faucets from separate sellers on Ebay. I knew what I wanted and knew the price that HD, Lowes and others were charging. I'm not ready to install them yet so I just kept watching for good deals and was lucky enough to find them. Both are new, don't know why they were selling them for half the price of others but all the parts were with them,one was still in the sealed box from Kohler and both have warranties which will be honored according to Kohler. I purchased from sellers that have good reputations and kept my fingers crossed until I received them and checked them out.

• susan631
    14 years ago

I like National Builder Supply also. I ordered some Danze items from them and had a very good experience. Great prices on what I needed, and my order arrived quickly and in great shape. Would definitely order from them again.