Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Found a couple of cute holiday items

15 years ago

I have to tell you that hitting the TS is like a treasure hunt--never know what you will find. Can't believe I missed out on all this fun until two years ago when I found the Garden Junk forum here at Gardenweb. At that time I went searching for glassware to create garden "totems" and I've been hooked ever since! ;o)

Here's a really cute little bunny candle holder and a sweet little snowman with a mouse--both were only 99 cents each.

Luvs

Comments (4)

• 15 years ago

The snowman is so cute!

• 15 years ago

Besides them being so cute...they were also a great price! Don't you just love that??

• 15 years ago

Hey Luvs, that little Snowman is wonderful for your collection. Very cute. I guess we twinned on stuff. LOL. I discovered thrift shopping same way you did, and been hooked since too.
    Those addictive Totems really hooked us!! They are as dangerous as Judith's stacked plates.
    I need to take photos, when I stopped in GW the other day, they had lots of Xmas things out already! I saw a wonderful Snowman cookie jar for my collection, it was marked at $10 and worth it to me. But I made myself leave it...for a few minutes. Just as I was getting ready to leave, they announced ALL XMAS was 75% off. WooooHoooo!!! I got my cookie jar for $2.50. In the box and new condition.
    And I got a cute Noel sign for a dollar, two boxes of ornaments for .75 each. A Xmas Kitty cup for .20. And a lovely lead crystal sleigh for a dollar. I was practically grinning from ear to ear all the way out the door. I'd only gone in to get some books and never expected to hit the jackpot. The previous week was super too. I had an errand to run and stopped in a different GW to look around.
    Saw a gorgeous sofa table, the kind with the Queen Anne ?curved legs. Exactly the style I'd wanted. The top had 4 glass panels. Excellent condition, and it was marked at $40. I've wanted a sofa table for years but never wanted to spend the money when I didn't really 'need' one. Well no way was I leaving that table behind. I hadn't noticed when I went in that it was HALF off day, so I got my table for $20. So Goodwill sure was good to me recently, and I needed a little self-pampering. LOL. I'll get photos on in the next day or two.

hugs, Karen

• 15 years ago

Thanks Prosperity, I sort of have a "thing" for snowmen and bunnies as well. And you are right Slinky, why pay retail when you can treasure hunt for bargains!

Wow! Karen, sounds like you've been there on just the right days. So glad you found the table and that you got the cookie jar for such a terrific price too. Yes, please post pics, I love seeing everyone's finds whether from TS, YS, GS, or retail stores. And where's Yachter with all her great yard sale finds? Hope she checks in here again soon. Luvs

Sponsored
More Discussions