Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dianne47_gw

Bronze Heater for Bathroom?

dianne47
13 years ago

I've spent hours searching for a bronze color heater to no avail. The situation is new construction in the mountains. Bathroom will be Talavera tile vanity and shower with a fabulous painted sink. The walls are exposed adobe, polished concrete floors. My faucets are Delta Victorian in the Venetian Bronze color, the towel bars etc. will be the same color.

We need a ceiling heater, it's in the center of the room. The only ones I've found are NuTone or Broan with truly ugly white plastic trim. The fixture is NOT a vent, just a light box.

Google hasn't found a bronze-color ceiling heater. I would be OK with an infrared bulb heater or a fan heater. Can anyone help?

Comments (10)

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

I've been wondering about painting one. I haven't ever used the metal spray paint but maybe it would be ok? What do you think? Too tacky? But it would still be the ugly NuTone or Broan so what color? Certainly not a color to draw attention? I haven't spent a lot of time on this yet. I got sidetracked with the floor. I wondered too about a box of some sort to cover the outside edges? Camouflage so to speak?

• ncamy
    13 years ago

If your ceilings are white, then the "ugly" white ones will probably just blend in and not ever be noticed. Do you really want to call attention to your ceiling heater?

• dianne47
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My ceilings are tongue in groove natural pine, they are beautiful. I truly don't want white plastic up there.

• ncamy
    13 years ago

Well why didn't you say so! LOL I wouldn't want white plastic on wood ceilings either, but surely one of those companies make a black or brown trim. If not, they should. Maybe painting the trim will work...

• toadangel
    13 years ago

not sure about bronze, but have you googled radiant heat ceiling panels? i know those can sometimes be painted with latex paint. they would take up more room than one of the broan products though.

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

I wonder if you could use one of these.

Here is a link that might be useful: Laurelhurst Fan Co.

• dianne47
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Radiant ceiling panel, interesting but wouldn't work for this bathroom. I want a small unit to preserve the look of the wood ceiling.

Love the Laurelhurst product photos, but they look like fans only with no heating capability.

• slateberry
    13 years ago

Get a piece of plastic to test on, and spray it with a plastic-compatible spray paint (there are many at HD; i just sprayed my blue plastic rain barrel with hammered bronze paint, it looks great). If it still looks too painted to you or the wrong color, get a little tube of rub 'n buff, which comes in some good metallic tones, and rub on/wipe off color until you get the color/texture you want. When the wax dries, the rub-n-buff won't budge. I used it to adjust the tone of the house letters on my front door to match the antique mail slot, and a year later, the finish is still perfect. So it will stand up to bathroom humidity of it can stand up to a new england nor'easter.

I don't recommend rub 'n buff directly onto plastic, but I believe it will adhere well to painted plastic.

Here is a link that might be useful: rub 'n buff

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

You can buy Just the grilles at Laurelhurst now. It is mentioned somewhere on the website.

• dianne47
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Slateberry, I think you might have the ticket. Your solution sounds logical and doable. Thanks.