Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

My New Goodies From Today's Sale # 2

plainjane425
13 years ago

Well if you read Part 1 of my post...

I wrote at the end of it, that #2 was the 'Best Yet'...

As we were ready to leave the Sale Today...

The people who were selling were starting to pack up to leave too...but some were calling out lower and lower prices as we were walking to our car..

At one point, some were yelling out This Table is ALL Free..

So when I looked on one table, I asked 'You Mean This Table'? and they said yes...Please.. We don't want to take it home!

Here is what I was able to take >>

This very large, heavy Solid Brass Planter.

It's beautifully detailed.

This solid brass Lantern (which needs a washing)..it has a nice hanger on the back..

This lovely Saffordshire Set...

These lovely Saffordshire Dishes...5 Plates - 5 Soup bowls..

5 Dessert - 1 Lg Bowl..And... Sugar Bowl & Creamer

To Top it all off... At another table

A Man Yelling 'ALL ITEMS FREE'... I got these two Brand New...Liz Claiborne Bags...!!

Oh I forgot to mention in my first post...I also bought a

'Razor' scooter for $3...for my 6 yr old DGson.

They usually sell for $$$...He and His sister have ONE and they always fight over taking turns...Ahhhh 'hopefully' now there will be peace!! lol

Again, I wish you could ALL be there with me to enjoy this.

This was a Nice Day!!

jane

Comments (11)

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Wow, Jane!

I have been at sales where there were free things at the end, but you really took the cake, here! It's always hard to resist free things, one sometimes ends up taking home a lot of junk (I wouldn't be talking about ME here, would I?)...

What a great job. Good thing you stayed to the end. The Staffordshire, the lantern, the planter, the bags...now I'm REALLY jealous!

- Magpie

p.s. great deal on the scooter.

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Jane, that is just too much fun and excitement for one day!I love your Stradford dish set or sets. The brass is great! The bunnies! just everything. Wouldn't it be great if we could all get together and do that 500 + mile yard sale that runs from somewhere in WV or Oh all the way down to GA. I forgot the exact route and number of miles, but it would be such fun. Of course we would need to rent the whole UHaul fleet!HA. I am going to my GS's wedding this next weekend down below Raliegh, about 250 mi away. Have my fingers crossed that I will have a chance to do some thrift shopping sometime durring the trip. It would sure be a shame not to get to bring back any mementos, wouldn't it? After this wedding my next big project is to learn to take pics and to post them. Janet

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Goodness, your free items are fantastic! Love those dishes especially. You would think the free items would just be "junky" things, sure not fantastic stuff like this! I have a good friend who was a dealer at the little antique/collectibles store where I worked. She said she always hit the swap meets towards the end of the day and collected the freebies. She sorted and found lots of treasures she could sell in the store! What a really fun day you had, I'm so glad you were able to go and just can't wait to see how you use all your new treasures in your tablescapes and vignettes! ;o) Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Well, I'm glad the vendor used the magic word, "Please!" ("we don't want to take it home.")

That brass planter & lantern will be beautiful in a vignette or t'scape...& what a score on Saffordshire pcs! Both patterns are very, very lovely.

Will be looking forward to seeing your buys in future pics...a fun day, Jane! TFS! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Ooooo. That lantern is very cool. Like the candlesticks and the hurricane lamp you found. And so cheap, too!

I want to go with you next year! I love seeing that first picture of you in the #1 post. You look like you're standing in Flea Market Heaven.

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

ARRRGH!! Since today is talk like a pirate day, I'll use that expression to express my envy over all of your freebies, especially those beautiful dishes!!

TFS, I think?? Seriously, I'm green with envy, oh wait, I'm just wearing a green outfit. LOL

I think you got some fabulous items and you sure can't beat free!!

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jane, after seeing what you got FREE, you might as well just go at the end and then go out for a nice steak dinner and call it a GREAT DAY.LOL This is fantastic! Maybe this is why you didn't buy your plates while shopping. I'm just tickled pink for you, girlfriend.

Punk

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone - sure glad you enjoyed the ' virtual experience' even tho you were't there IRL to share it.

Janet...I've always wanted to go to that 500+ YS. I read about it in a magazine and also on TV.. I always say I'm going to do it...but then when the the time comes around...there's always something else to do. That would be a fun experience for all of us to do together...Pick a state and then all meet there.

Magpie...I've never stayed that long at this sale before...to witness the 'Free' experience!! There was so much to see this time, that we stayed longer than usual..and yes the free stuff was amazing. I was laughing over one man giving things away and saying to people - 'You're too slow'...You missed out on what the other person got'...too funny.

Luvs..When I was selling things from my home, before I moved, a woman came towards the end of the sale, and asked what we were going to throw away! I couldn't believe she came especially for 'free stuff'! I guess, like your friend, people do that and I guess it pays off.
    As far as the free things being nice...as we were walking back to the car...people were taking things that were piled by the trash bins..and I saw lots of nice things there too...but just passed them up...too tired!

jeanne...you know when I heard the word 'Please'..it actually made me feel better to take it for free.
    I did feel bad that people had to give it away..because they couldn't sell it..

OA..LOL...'Flea Mkt Heaven'...Love It
    I'll let you know when the next one is coming!!
    That would be a fun experience. However, I'd love to go the one Janet mentioned. Have you ever heard of that one?
    It's the 'Mother Of All TS' !!

Candy...ARRRRG... back at ya!!
    Hope you look good in 'Green'. Thanks for the approval
    on my 'Treasure - Matie ' .. lol

jane

• yachter123
    13 years ago

All that free & two new purses too! You must be overjoyed from the sales today & looked like great weather for them too!

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

You did great! I am sure you will put it to good use! The china is very sweet!
    I see people riding around at the end of yard sales to pick up the free stuff. I guess some people would rather just throw it out, esp here as we pay for garbage by the bag!
    I would rather take the left overs and donate it to Savers or a charity. I know some are picky about what they accept though.
    It looks like you had a great time and didn't break the bank either! Having fun is the best!

• jaybird
    13 years ago

arghhhhhh you have had the BEST luck!!!
    Good for you!

Sponsored
More Discussions