Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Back from Vacation & More TS Finds for Fall!

jeannespines
13 years ago

A wonderful get-away for 11 days to "Up North" lake in MN! I shared some of my finds on "Fall Apple Vignette" in earlier post.

Here's a leaf plate & cup that I found at an artist's mall in Walker, MN for $5...fell in love with it ...I will probably use it as centerpc somehow:

It's a salmon color ...I found on e-bay that it was probably made in the 40's ...here's a separate view & the markings on the back:

Another few things I felt I "needed" (LOL!) ...the iron pumpkin candleholder ($1.39) & glass l/2 gal water bottle (Minneapolis origin) ($.99) got a TS:

And my fav "old pics" card artist...Vintage by Linda...I've bought a couple each yr now for 3 yrs or so ...at the artist's mall...just love her work of combining old photos, letters, finds, scrappin paper & such:

Also found baby fork & spoon by Oneida for Dollbaby...plus a couple hats & a jumper. Well, didn't do much t'scaping but here's a pic by the lake with DH doing the cookin' for me over the campfire! Unseasonably cool as you can see in our attire of sweathshirts, pants & jeans. LOL!

Don't ya just love those recliner chairs (Fallish design!) that DH bought us right before vacation time. Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Neat finds, especially the cup and saucer set. I can't wait to see how you use it in a setting.

Gosh, sweats and campfire...and a LAKE! Wish I was there, its 109 here. I step outside and feel like I just stuck my head in the oven. Ugh.

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Wow, cool finds!! I like the cup and plate and the pumpkin candleholder the best. You really got some great buys!

The recliners look perfect for the setting.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. Love your new goodies. Glad you found doll baby a new spoon, fork, hats and jumper. What a special mommie you are. Wonderful picture of you and DH cooking over the fire in your camo chairs.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

So glad you had a nice time on your vacation, and it's always great when we can get the DH to cook for us! LOL

Neat finds, bet you were excited when you found each one! Doll baby looked so cute in her new hats, will look forward to seeing the other one too.

I really like the old picture and the verse on the bottom as well.

Luvs

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

jeanne...you sly one..sneaking off for 11 days vacation...and even got some great shopping finds too!
    What could be better..
    Love the cup and leaf plate...I'm looking forward to seeing how you use them. Love the pumpkin and old glass bottle... and that old photo collage is great.
    I love stuff like that.
    You and DH are looking might cozy by the fire..
    He seems like a 'serious chef' cooking those Marshmallows!!
    lol
    I'm off to look at your Apple post...

jane

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Sounds like ya'll had a blast, Fall camping is so fun. It's also fun to squeeze in a little shopping. The dishes are lovely. The bottle reminds me to keep looking for a milk bottle with the cream topper. I got the little spoon like yours on ebay.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, gals...I do love that pottery leaf & cup...there are some on e-bay so I bid on another 2-pc set...but now I'm going to ck around at antique & TS's ...may find another...found they do come in other colors, too...could be from the 1930's I've read & discont. in early 40's...so, old, uh! Any-who, thanks for commenting! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, hope you get some more of the sets. I will have to go see what other colors are on ebay. If I ever come across some, I will ship them your way.

Punk

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions