Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Finished up on FALL Decor ... good for 4 more weeks!

jeannespines
10 years ago

Thank goodness...we still have 4 more weeks til Thanksgiving & then it's time to start Christmas/Winter decor...don't ya just LOVE Fall!

Here's the rest of the porch ... I am done & enjoy looking out there this evening @the lights! The table decor this time is a dark green folk art birdhouse made by my hubby along w/3 stained glass leaves ... a big pinecone & a faux pumpkin.

I'll add some more pics in the comments! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

This post was edited by jeannespines on Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 23:32

Comments (14)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Behind this table is a small cabinet ... I added a beautiful basket filled w/mini Indian corn ... you can only see the stalks sticking out! Above it is a very, very old 'cornstalk' wreath that was handmade by a friend ... I won it @ a silent auction long ago!

Don't mind the buckets outside the window...my hubby is trying to trap 'moles' who are very busy this time of the yr!

While I worked today, I stayed warm w/the sunshine coming in & also our lil' electric stove:

Love dishes! Ohhh...who doesn't love dishes here on the Holiday Forum! Anyway, I once again used the Steubenville toast n tea pottery in the 'salmon' color. I bought a place setting @ a consignment store a few yrs back while on vac & it turned into a collection (jane even sent me a place setting!)

The crow is there w/a faux tea light & some faux leaves:

I'll be adding some dried Hydrangeas to the top of this wall shelf. Here's the bottom shelf ... I think I'll add some string candles to the pegs (you can see them in the 1st pic)

The wood trunk coffee table (filled w/toys) got a centerpc today:

Ohhh...how I still love these 'blocks' from our friend, 'luvs,' here on the Holiday Forum. Happy Fall, you all! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

This post was edited by jeannespines on Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 23:38

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

You are so dolled up for fall now! Everything is lookin' good. So nice to see your Steubenville dishes and Luvs Halloween blocks. Wreah, corn, bowl and stove top pumpkins are nice touches to your fall decor. Very wam and cozy look at your home tonight.

Some places here got a foot of snow last night but so far we're still living in the banana belt and feel Lucky. Seems to early to be seeing 6 degrees in some places. I have some bulbs to plant so will try to get them planted tomorrow after work.

TFS, now you can sit and enjoy. Punk

• Dawdling
    10 years ago

Oh... That basket with the corn just stole my heart. I didn't even see the bucket outside the window, until you mentioned it, LOL.
    Everything else is delightful too.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Everything is beautiful Jeanne...so warm and inviting looking. I'd say you deserve a rest and some time to sit back and enjoy some tea or hot chocolate and just look over and enjoy your treasures.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Jeanne I Agree wtth every one.... You did such a beautiful
    job decorating your porch room. Every thing is
    done to perfection! Looks beautiful during the
    day and so warm and cozy looking, lit
    up at night. Glad youre done - now I hope
    you can sit back and enjoy it all.
    jane

• luvstocraft
    10 years ago

Jeanne, you have such a knack for making everything look so warm and cozy. I am especially honored that the little blocks I made for you get to share the table with your fantastic vine tree! What a great space to sit and watch the birds in your garden, all warm and cozy by your cute little stove. Enjoy the season my friend. Sending you a warm hug. Luvs

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Holiday-ers ... the days are flying by & soon the ol' white stuff will be here & we'll be putting 'Fall' aside & get ready for Winter! Don't you just love the changing of the seasons!

I am sitting back now & enjoying the Fall decor ... I can just remove some of the 'Halloween' & be ready for Thanksgiving! Love lights! Fun times! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The grasses I added to the cream can are now getting 'fluffy' ... love growing this grass! It's beautiful outside all Winter long, too ... just swaying in the Fall weather windy days right now! ~~Jeanne

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Lovely. Really, Jeanne, just lovely.
    Tell me about the bottom shelf thingie with the "s" on it.
    Is it a large rock? I painted a "c" on a large rock and put it in our garden.

I sure like the fluffy grass with the little white lights. A person just can't have too many little white lights.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jeanne I thought I commented on this .It really looks lovely. The peach dishes are perfect.
    I have problems with moles too. May I ask what your DH does to trap them?
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

nana...my hubby bought those spring-action mole traps ... once in a while he gets lucky! ;-)

Thanks, OA ... this was gift on my camping trip this summer where we met 5 other couples who like the Flea Market Gardening on Facebk. This gal, Sue G, mosaics on rocks (one of her very many talents!) & she gifted each of us one of these. Very cool, uh. Ok, I'm going to add the link here to the web page that tells about it, I think. Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Sue's Mosaic Rocks

• swest2_gw
    10 years ago

So pretty! Your home decor is perfect.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Jeanne, I've always said how cozy and inviting your home is. That porch is one of my very favorite places to see. Its such a wonderful spot to read or daydream!!
    Another favorite of course is your vine tree. Love it.

Those little white pumpkins on the electric stove are really cute!!

You're so lucky to be able to bring natural things in like the lovely "fluffy" grass. I don't get to see changing seasons except thru you and other cyber friends. Phoenix stays green. Still in mid to high 80s for that matter. I'd love to experience a REAL Fall. sigh. But thank you for sharing yours with me.

Hope you feel ok this weekend and the latest chemo isn't hitting you so hard as the early ones.
    hugs and prayers,
    Karen

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I always enjoy your posts, but I don't always take the time to tell you, so here's a big "thank you for sharing"!!!