Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marie_louise3

Wood window in shower, would rain shower head help?

marie_louise
13 years ago

For those of you with rain shower heads, especially those that come out from the wall: Do rain shower heads cause less spray on the surrounding walls than traditional shower heads? In particular, the wall opposite the shower head?

My hall bathroom has a beautiful wood window in the 60 inch tub alcove, opposite where the shower head comes out. Having a wood window in a shower is a terrible idea, although a common one in bungalows. My solution has been to only use the bathtub, never the shower. (Seriously, I've never once used it in 13 years.)

I am replacing the existing tub w/ a deep MTI soaker tub and the the alcove is getting retiled. (Mmmm, Heath subway tiles in Pisces Green.) My plan was to leave the never-used Speakman shower head there for resale purposes; someone else may need a second shower in the home, and they can deal with the window.

But as I shopped for new shower heads for our master bath shower, I started wondering if having a rain shower head might allow us to shower in there without ruining the window.

Your thoughts, please...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living