Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fumiyo

Plug strip under cabinet is great idea. Where did you find the one in this picuture?

fumiyo
11 years ago
I would also like to know how durable it is and how it is plugged in (inside cabinet?)
Showplace Cabinets - Kitchen · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Showplace Cabinetry
    11 years ago
    We do not have the brand of plug strip, the homeowner purchased through the electrical contractor. Each plug strip is hard-wired in. The homeowner is a CKD (certified kitchen designer) and he worked with the electrician to provide the location and height to stub the wiring in; the electrician drilled holes in the hanging rail below the floors of the cabinets so the plug strips could be hooked up.
  • fumiyo
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much for the details! I found few types of plugmolds from wiremold/legrand online and some are available at homedepot also. The one you have looks nicer, though. I am excited to try this one out :)
  • tinkerer2013
    10 years ago
    ele code requires that kitchen outlets are 20amp and that you alternate 20 amp circuits such that 4 plugs next to each other are all pulling current from different breakers on the panel. This powerbar is unlikely to conform to this specification and probably is a code violation. Too bad as I like the idea.
  • Shari Kanterman
    10 years ago
    Confused. Is there a way to rig them so they meet code? We live in NJ? Is there a specific brand to buy for this specific purpose?
  • Cathie Fischer
    9 years ago

who makes the undercounter lights? Any product info?