Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumorchard

Bertazzoni Induction Later this year

plumorchard
13 years ago

Bertazzoni will be introducing induction sometime in the future. This from an email in response to an inquiry I made.

"The new Built in Line featuring Induction will be launched by the end of the

year."

I was not able to get additional information from them. Just passing it along fyi.

Comments (4)

• cookie08
    13 years ago

From Bertazzoni Web Site

"Bertazzoni induction cooktops have output levels of 9300 watts for fast, efficient boiling and cooking. The variable low-to-high power is controlled electronically.
    The coil produces a high-frequency electromagnetic field which penetrates the iron or steel pan and generates heat. Heat generation stops as soon as the pan is removed from the element, or it is switched off.
    The ceramic tops have five flexible cooking zones, with the largest two at the back. This arrangement accommodates full-size cookware and makes it easy to prepare a wide range of different dishes very quickly with minimal energy output.
    Special functions include a booster function and a pot detection system. Residual heat indicators warn if the hob is hot, even when the zone is switched off.

The hobs are very easy to clean, with wear-resistant glass ceramic top and no knobs.

Induction cooktops can only be used with ferrous metal cookware such as stainless steel, cast-iron, and enamelled steel. Please note that aluminium, copper, and Pyrex cookware will not work on an induction cooker."

Here is a link that might be useful: Bertazzoni Web Site

• attofarad
    13 years ago

I don't see them on the Bertazzoni site, but several models have appeared on AJ Madison and others. All induction, Induction + gas, induction + gas + griddle.

• herring_maven
    13 years ago

cookie08 writes (quoting the source): "Bertazzoni induction cooktops have output levels of 9300 watts ..."

I am not aware of any home wiring system (I assume that there must be some somewhere) that will allow a load like that.

"Please note that aluminium, copper, and Pyrex cookware will not work on an induction cooker."

Not true. It is true that there must be a magnetically active metal in the cookware to allow the cookware to work with an induction energy source. Several makers of predominantly aluminum -- even cast aluminum -- cookware make induction-compliant lines, Berndes, for one, has several different lines of induction compatible aluminum cookware (which have steel inserts embedded in the pots and pans). Chantal Copper Fusion is a line of predominantly copper cookware that is induction compatible.

• attofarad
    13 years ago

herring_maven writes: "I am not aware of any home wiring system (I assume that there must be some somewhere) that will allow a load like that. "

Most 36" induction cooktops sold in the US require a 50 amp 240V service, which can supply 12000 watts. Bosch, KitchenAid, Thermador, Gaggenau, Miele, Electrolux, Electrolux Icon all have 10k+ watts and specify a 50 amp 240V service. GE seems to produce a power level that 40 amperes would satisfy, but they still spec a 50 amp service. Of the somewhat popular brands, only Fagor gets by with 40 amps for a 36" cooktop.

"
    "Please note that aluminium, copper, and Pyrex cookware will not work on an induction cooker."

Not true. "

As given, the statement IS true. The statement says nothing about iron as a component of a pot with the listed materials.